Chapter 4

Love Is Like A Snowflake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KRIS

 

You know you're a busy man when having dinner with your father is also on your schedule.

I went to the restaurant where we had the reservation for tonight's dinner. I was expecting to see him there since he was the one who requested for my presence, but like always, I found myself sitting on the dining table alone.

My father came in ten minutes after our scheduled time with the straight face that he had on every time.

I stood up from where I was sitting and bowed to him.

"Oh, you're here. Sorry for being late." My father told me and sat down on the seat right in front of mine.

"You told me that a business man's time is precious."

He fixed his tie from my remark before saying, "I apologized, didn't I?"

"I'm just trying to show you that I learned something from you all those years."

 

A waiter served us wine and we were sitting there in silence. I didn't want to start a conversation since I knew that it would all end up in business-talk anyways. Dinners with my dad rarely happens, but when it does it's not just a dinner. It's a business dinner.

Our appetizer was served and we were having small conversations here and there. It has always been awkward to eat with my dad because we have nothing to talk about besides business.

After a few more minutes, our grand main course was served to us. I grabbed the napkin on the table and put it over my lap. My dad did the same and grabbed his utensils and ate his meal. I followed. I was taught not to eat before my elders does during those etiquette classes I took when I was younger.

We were silently eating, but my father decided to start another conversation. Just like the main course, the words that are going to to come of his mouth right now is the main reason why he called me for dinner.

 

"You're getting married."

Of course he would say something like this. "But... what about grandfather?"

He wiped his mouth with a napkin before answering me. "Tell him you love the girl. Tell him you met her before and kept your relationship as a secret. Whatever. The old grump wouldn't know. This partnership is important, so it has to be done, son."

"What if grandfather finds out?" I asked him still having doubts about deceiving my grandfather. "I don't want him to think that we tricked him."

My father's face darkened. He hated it whenever someone questions him about his decisions. "You're finally the CEO of Wu Corporation, Kris. You got what you've been dreaming of your whole life. Don't you want to secure it? I'm trying to help set your future, son. The only thing you should be doing is following everything I say. Do you hear me?"

I've always followed everything that he said ever since I was younger. Doesn't he realize that?

I bowed my head to him. "Sorry, dad."

"Good. You'll meet your future bride soon. I heard from her parents that she's still finishing her studies abroad, so she'll be home this December."

I didn't respond because I thought he knew what my asnwer is going to be since it's the same as always.

My dad misinterpreted my silence. "You don't like it? You don't want to get married?"

I looked at my dad and tried to speak, but he was ahead of me again.

"Do you want your cousin to marry her instead and expand the business?" He asked me. "You want him to get the recognition from your grandfather when all he did was fool around, unlike you who even went to the most prestigious university to acquire the position you have now?!"

"Dad, fine! I'll marry her. I'll marry whoever this girl may be, okay? I'll lie to grandfather." I reassured him.

He fixed his suit and calmly picked up his utensils and cut his steak. "Good. Don't be like your useless cousin."

 

MARA

 

"Kim Su Ho."

I broke away from the hug and straighten out my clothing and lowered my head from embarassment to whoever entered the room. Being in a scandal with my boss is the last thing on my list of worries.

"Oh Kim Min Seok! What are you doing here?" My boss happily welcomed the person who entered.

Kim Min Seok? Why does that name sounds so familiar?

Out of curiousity, I looked up and saw a familar white rounded face man. I bowed to him and greeted him.

He bowed down to me as well. "Hello. I'm seeing you again." He told me.

"You guys met earlier at Wu Corporation, I'm assuming." My boss said.

"Yes, Sir." I replied.

"Well, this is my good frien

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter