Chapter 17

Love Is Like A Snowflake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARA

 

I asked Kris-sshi to make a stop at a market place so that I'm able to grab a snack for the both of us since it was already lunch time and we were both starving. I bought two apple ciders and bought some kimbap and Korean pancakes as well. Kris-sshi seemed to like the street foods we ate last time when we strolling around that night when we first came to Jeju, so I decided to buy him these snacks to make up for the awful soup I made for him this morning.

I finished paying for the snacks and was on my way out of the market to look for the car, but then I heard my phone rang for the first time today. The caller ended up being Kim Jong In. I've been ignoring his calls, but I guess I really could never escape him so I decided to finally answer him.

"Hello?"

"Mara-ya... you answered."

I was a little hesitant to reply to him again, but he eventually said something before I did. "I missed you so much, Song Mara. Why were you ignoring my calls? I've been trying to reach you, but you will never answer."

I just scoffed. "You managed to be the CEO of the most powerful company in the nation, but you can't even manage to get a clue. Kim Jong In, just stop. There's nothing between us anymore."

"Mara-ya, stop lying to yourself. I know you still love me and I'm still extremely in love with you as well. I'm not going to let you go." He said.

I took a deep breath and finally spoke. "Well, you better, Jongin-ah. Everything that happened between us is already in the past. We can never bring it back. That's why it's called the past. Don't you get it? You've said all the things you want to say, and I've said mine as well. We should at least let that be our closure and finally set each other free. I suffered enough because of you Kim Jong In... and I know I'm speaking for myself since you didn't and would've never shed a single tear for m-"

"I tried to commit suicide when we were apart, Song Mara! So I do not want to hear those words again from you. I was suffering as well after our break up. It wasn't just you." He said and immediately, all the hair on my body rose and tears started forming in my eyes. My heart felt like it was being shattered into pieces after hearing what he just told me.

"Kim Jong In..." I whispered.

"Mara-ya... I want you to come back to me. I'll do better this time around. I'm going to prove it to you." He declared.

"Jongin... I have to go. Bye." I said and finally hang up. My eyes were welling up with tears. I didn't know that Jongin could've possibly gone through the same thing I went through after our break up. I never knew and never tried to find out since I didn't know what his real purpose was and thought that to him, our relationship was only a joke, but knowing this now made my heart ache. Jongin was suffering as well and it really wasn't just me.

Before getting back to the car, I tried to wipe the tears on my cheeks and composed myself so that Kris-sshi wouldn't be able to notice. I didn't want to ruin the mood we just created. We were having fun and dragging him down with me just doesn't seem right.

 

KRIS

 

I was waiting outside of the car for Mara and when I finally saw her with our snacks, I came up to her to help her with all the stuff she bought. She smiled at me and let me help her with the stuff she was carrying.

"Someone's a little hungry." I commented as I grab the apple cider from her. "Now we know who's stomach was growling louder when we were in the car."

She pouted and said, "I just bought a lot so that you'll forget the horrible taste of the soup I made for you earlier and I know you really like these stuff, Kris-sshi."

"Let's go inside the car and eat since it's cold out here." I told her and we both walked towards the car. I opened the car door for her and she rode the car and so I did as well.

The both of us started munching on the delicious snack and enjoyed the wonderful scenery as the snow started falling again. After eating, we both got ready to leave and so I drove again as Mara just enjoyed the view. While I was driving, I saw an ad for the famous hot spring place here in Jeju and both of are really cold right now so I took this chance to ask Mara.

"Mara-sshi, would you like to go to the hot springs? I... I mean... It's fine if you don't want to."

"I would love to, Kris-sshi. We could at least try everything while were here and not back in Seoul." She replied.

I gave her a smile and she reciprocated the action.

"But... Kris-sshi... I'm just wondering..."

"What is it? Don't hesitate to ask me anything, Mara-sshi." I told her, expecting her to ask stuff about me, which made me smile.

"How did... how did you cousin take our break up?"

I was disappointed because of her question. I thought maybe she was also trying to take a step to get to know me better, but she wasn't. Kai was still on her mind. My ing cousin who stole her heart and broke it. Why can't Mara see that there are more to the world once she finally gets over Kai?! I'm here for her and it's killing me that I can't have her. It hurts that she doesn't even see me.

"Uhm...I don't really feel comfortable talking about these stuff, Mara-sshi."

"I'm so sorry, Kris-sshi... I didn't mean to make things awkward."

"Why? Did he tell you anything?"

"Nothing. Let's just drop the topic, Kris-sshi."

"Okay."

We finally reached the hot springs and both Mara and I paid the entrance fee at the front desk. Once we were done paying, we went to our respectful locker rooms and changed. The men and women hot springs were separated and this made me even more desperate to be with Mara. Once I got out of the locker room, with only a towel hanging around my waist, I tried to call Mara's cell phone, but I didn't really need to since she was on her way out of the locker room as well. I looked at her enticing figure and I might be exaggerating, but I had to hold onto something. I placed my phone on the counter and hold onto the counter for support.

I would be lying if I said I was tempted by Mara's body. She was only wearing a bathrobe and it was just so goddamn alluring to know that the only thing she has under that bathrobe was some undergarments. She was a gorgeous woman and she had a flawless body that is always hidden under her conservative outfit. I really didn't think that my a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter