Chapter 1

Love Is Like A Snowflake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARA

 

I woke up from the blaring sound of my alarm clock. I slowly opened my eyes and turned it off. I checked the time.

5:00 AM.

I'm starting another day without him.

I stood up from my bed, feeling fatigued from all the paperwork that I did last night. Although I'm really busy and barely have time for myself because of my job, I still wanted to go to work everyday. It's the only remedy that I know of for this pain that I'm feeling. An indescribable pain that he brought. He who I loved with my whole heart.

I went inside of my bathroom and took a shower. The hot water that was flowing down my body felt relaxing, so I closed my eyes to clear all of my thoughts for a few seconds.

 

Mara-ya, let's break up.

 

I pushed my hair back and tried so hard to erase another thought of him.

 

Please. I'm tired. I want to forget about you.

 

I got out of the shower and went inside of my bedroom to get dressed. I put a white blouse on and matched it with my black slacks. After getting dressed, I went on with my daily morning routine. I dried my hair with a hair dryer and after that, I put an approriate amount of make-up on and looked at my reflection on the mirror. I was extra-consious about my appearance today. I had to look presentable, since I'm meeting a very important person to our company.

I grabbed my coat, my purse and all the necessary paperwork for my presentation today and went out of my apartment.

It's almost the end of autumn and the weather outside is slowly getting worse. Soon, another cold and lonely winter will approach.

I rode my car and drove off. While I was driving, I noticed that I was a little drowsy when I kept yawning and yawning and that's when I realized that I forgot to make myself a cup of coffee before leaving my apartment. I looked at the time on my car and it read 6:15 AM. I still had time to stop by at Starbucks to get coffee, so I decided to do that.

I drove a few more blocks and reached the place. I parked my car by their parking lot and went inside.

"Good morning, Ma'am. What can I get you?" The cashier girl asked me.

"Can I get one Caffè Americano to go, please?"

"Sure. Is that all, ma'am?"

 

No. Give her a Double Chocolate Brownie with that Americano.

Ya, it's too early in the morning for sweets.

It's too early in the morning for you to not eat breakfast.

Coffee is enough for me.

That explains why you stopped growing.

Ya!

 

"Ma'am?"

"Sorry?" I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Would that be all?"

"Yes. Thank you." I gave her the money. Then my eyes met the sweets that was displayed upfront. "Uhm... on second thought, I'll take one of your Double Chocolate Brownie."

"Sure." She packed one of the brownie in a bag and handed it to me. "Your coffee will be done in just a second, Ma'am. Please wait over there."  She directed me to the waiting line.

"Good morning, Sir. What can I get you?" I heard the cashier greet the customer who just came in.

"One Caffè Americano." The customer replied.

The cashier girl smiled. "Wow! Caffé Americano is on high demand today." She looked at me and the man that was standing in front of her.

The man looked at me, but eventually looked away.

He is very tall and attractive, to be quite honest. He looked like a businessman from what he was wearing. One would even think that he's the CEO of a company because of his flawless appearance.

"Here's your coffee, ma'am." The worker handed me the coffee.

"Thank you."

"Have a nice day!"

"You too." I left the restaurant and went inside my car and drove to the company.

 

KRIS

 

After getting coffee at Starbucks, I told my chauffeur to drive me to the company and we reached the building in no time. I was greeted by the employees when I was walking towards the elevator.

My secretary appeared by my side and bowed down.

"Good morning, Mr. Wu."

"What's the schedule for today?"

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter