Chapter 13

Love Is Like A Snowflake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARA

 

I went to the site with my group of co-workers to meet the rest of the architects for the resort. It was a really cold today and I could barely handle the weather outside even though I'm bundled in so many layers of clothing. We were supposed to take a tour of the site where the resort will be built. The Wu Corporation bought the old and out-of-business hotel that was standing there for years to make the place useful. The plan for this month is to  demolish the dilapidated building and to finally start the construction of the all-year recreational site.

During the meeting, we were split into groups. We were to carpool with the people who have rides to go to the site for the tour. We had to get used to the place. We were also the ones who are going to be there to facilitate with the construction. This month in Jeju was all about business, persuasion, conferences and learning. The construction period comes after all the planning and the business deals with investors, and though it would take years to get it done, I have a feeling that it was going to be successful.

"Mara-sshi, would you like us to buy you some coffee? Heena and I are going to a nearby store."

"Sure Hyojin-sshi, but do you just want me to come with you?" I asked.

"No, Mara-sshi, it's okay. And one of us needs to stay so we have an idea what the next plan is." Hyojin said.

"Neh, Hyojin-sshi. Thank you."

"See you in a bit, Mara-sshi."

Hyojin-sshi and Heena-sshi are both advertisers from SK Group. I've never met them before, but at least we have something in common to talk about, so I easily became friends with them. Being in the same group who works in the same company as me was a relief. If I was in a group where I didn't know anyone, I don't know if I have already turn into a mute before the day was over.

It was around lunch time when we were halfway done with the tour. We took a little break so this is why Hyojin-sshi and Heena-sshi went out to get some coffee while I was just standing by myself inside the old building with the other workers, trying to be warm.

I was just observing the surroundings and all the workers who were talking and still looking around when my phone suddenly rang. I looked at the caller ID, and saw his name. I just ignored it like I always do.

After the call, I received a text message from the person who just called and I had no other choice, but to open it. When I read the text message, I knew that I had to call him back.

I dialed his number and pressed call and in two rings, he immediately picked up.

"Mara-ya."

"What do you want from me exactly, Jongin? Just leave me alone."

"Is it ing true, Song Mara?!" He asked me angrily.

"I don't have to explain anything to you. You're nothing to me, Kim Jong In. And I've been nothing to you for 3 years now. Why are you still bothering me?" I asked him. I'm just sick and tired of this. He needs to leave me alone. I'm trying my best here, but he's always there to step on what I've already started establishing.

"Nothing? Nothing, Song Mara?!"

"Yes, Jongin." I said.

"Song Mara. I'm not going to ask again. Is it ing true?!"

"Stop cursing! I'm hanging up!" I threatened.

"I'm a man, Song Mara. I have a pride to protect and you're stepping on it by doing this. I just wanted to know if it's true!" Jongin told me.

"In the end, you're selfish as ever, Kim Jong In. You only care about yourself."

"Tell me you didn't sleep with Kris hyung. Please Mara-ya. Tell me you didn't sleep with my cousin. Tell me he's lying, Mara-ya. Please." Jongin begged on the other line.

"It's not what you think."

I heard him heaved a sigh over the phone. "Thank you. That's the only thing I wanted from you, Mara-ya."

"I'm so hopeless, Kim Jong In." I bitterly said.

"Song Mara... I love you. Don't be with him. Don't be with anyone besides me." He requested.

"Selfish bastard." I said and hang up the phone. I took the batteries off my phone. I know Suho-sshi would be upset if I don't answer his call, but I don't want to hear from anyone for the rest of the day, especially him, Kim Jong In.

I just took a deep breath and waited for my two co-workers to come back in front of the building. Then I saw a car came and parked in front of me. The people who just got off the car were from the meeting as well.

"Oh, Mara-sshi, why are you out here it's cold? Let's go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter