Oppa.

You're my love light.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1 : Oppa.

 

1996...

 

“Everyone, we have a new family member in our house today,” said Mrs. Kim to the kids who are waiting for their lunch. “All of us please welcome her with warm hands,” said her with a smile. “My dear, please come in,” she waved her hand to the little girl at the door. The girl walked in with head down and stood beside Mrs. Kim.  “Everyone, her name is Park Shinhye. She is about 6 years old. She is a little shy, so please treat her nicely. I hope all of you can give cooperation to her as her Korean is not that fluent, so please everyone, lend your hands to help her, okay?” she looked at the kids and smile. “Any question, kids?”

 

“Mrs Kim, why is she bald?” a little boy with a blue shirt rose up his hand. “Is she a guy or a girl?”

 

Mrs Kim looked at little Shinhye. She was still looking down; maybe she didn’t understand the words from the little boy. “She is a girl, Seunggi ssi. Now stop being mischievous.”

 

“Mrs Kim, why can’t she speak Korean? Is she from outer space?” asked little Eunji in front of her.

 

“No sweetheart, maybe she hasn’t learnt Korean like us. All of us will help to teach her later, okay?” Mrs Kim smiled slightly. “Okay kids, questions closed, time for your lunch,” she clapped her hands once and the silent dining hall began to become noisy again with the kids voice. “Shinhye ssi, you can join the girls for your lunch, okay?” she said as she showed her the girls’ tables. Shinhye understood the body language more than the words itself nodded slightly and walked to the table.

 

Mrs Kim walked over to her table with the other guardians and took a seat beside her husband. A little boy with black soft hair besides Mrs Kim’s table was watching over Shinhye as she made slow steps to the table. “What did the police said about her?” asked Mr Kim to her wife. The little boy looked at them.

 

“Her head must be hit hard to cause her lose her memory at such a young age. The police told me she might be left by her parents like they are dead or something,” answered her.

 

“Any explanation why is she bald and can’t speak Korean?” he asked more.

 

“Seems like the police just put her under the case of missing, thus sending her to this orphanage since she lost her memory and no one came to claim her as their child. They are not interested with such evidences like bald or unable to speak Korean,” she shook her head slightly.

 

“Poor her. Our nation must improve their general service as ....,” Mr Kim continued their topic to the politic and economy, making the little boy to turn his gaze back to Shinhye.

 

Shinhye was sitting on one of the girls table at the end of the bench. She was alone while there was this huge gap between her and the girl next to her. Shinhye’s head was always down; slowly she picked up the spoon and put the food into . “Can you understand us?” asked the girl sitting in front of her. She stayed silent, still with her head down.

 

“Didn’t you hear? She can’t speak Korea,” said the fat girl besides her. “What a fool,” she smirked.

 

“She is ugly,” said the other girl. Shinhye ate the food as if she didn’t hear any of them, since they thought she couldn’t speak Korean.

 

The little boy, who was watching the whole bully scene just now, stood up and walked to them fiercely. “Can you please stop it?” he said as he slammed the table. The dining hall suddenly went silent again; everyone’s eyes were on him including Shinhye’s.

 

“Yonghwa ssi,” Mrs Kim walked to him. “What’s the matter?”

 

“They are bullying her,” he looked at Mrs Kim while pointing to Shinhye. Shinhye quickly looked down again.

 

Mrs Kim looked at the girls on the table. “Is that true girls?” asked her. E

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter