CHAPTER 8: Learning Curve

The Fraternity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ummm … are you really giving us permission?” Heechul asked, raising a brow.

Dara smiled once again and nodded her head, but this time she added a little glare in the end. It wasn’t a hard to believe that the leader was actually giving her group permission to go crazy and let themselves lose for the time being only that time being was a friendly game of dodge ball between cabins.

The word friendly means no one actually gets hurt, other than the normal sting coming from getting hit by the ball there should be no other problems. Letting them loose though is like letting the titans loose from their eternal imprisonment and giving allowing them to wreak havoc over mankind like they did thousands of years ago.

“But unnie, isn’t that a bit dangerous?” Hyuna asked, even the maknae line thought the idea was crazy but yet again their leader nodded with the same smile though much sinister this time.

“You’ll do fine, just don’t win to early or it wouldn’t be fun” Dara said finally, pushing them inside the square to face their opponents.

They had expected her to tell them not to hurt anyone but like always they were surprised to her antics. Jessica and Hyunseung both looked back to their leader who was lounging with the other 2ne1 members, thinking at the same time about what her devious mind was planning yet again.

If taken a quick look the match seemed to be unfair. They were up against a cabin of athletic people, not just the built kind of athletic but the real athletic ones: Dongjun of Z:EA, Yonghwa of CNBlue, Bora of Sistar, Uee of Afterschool, Hoya of Infinite, Eunhyuk of Super Junior and Fei of Miss A. Them on the other hand looked scrawny compared to them and they were all known as idols who didn’t do well with physicals, but with the permission to let loose and the deficiency of cameras that were supposed to be filming them they had decided to really let loose.

“Rock-Paper-Scissor to decided to starts” Leeteuk from the same group was Heechul blew the whistle. Gesturing the captain of the teams to step forward for the match, Heechul was chosen and Eunhyuk. It was a bit off to see them facing together like that given that their history of closeness really didn’t hit off.

“Can’t you just leave the ball in the middle line and we’ll race to get it, besides isn’t that how it usually goes?” Heechul eyed the referee. The audience chuckled a bit and he blushed, he blew the whistle again and left the ball in the middle of the field. He waited for all of them to reach the end line and walked back to his post, and then he whistled.

They have decided to call their cabin ‘Cabin X’ while the other went with numbers, none protested so they went on with that. It also made it easier for the people responsible for numbering the cabins since they had one less to take care off.

“Oh yeah” Eunhyuk cheered, having been the one to take the ball from the center but then grimaced when none of their opponents even bothered to actually fight for the first throw.

The field they used was half the size of a football field, half for one cabin and the other half for the other cabin. It gave much space for them to run around and try to avoid the ball but it was tiring if not frustrating to keep running around.

Cabin X vs. Cabin 4, it seemed like a no brainer when it comes to the winner of the match but they wanted to give it a chance since it was still the first match of the tournament – decided last minute, and it wasn’t fair to judge just by the members of the cabins.

Eunhyuk tossed the ball between hands while he gave the other cabin a chance to disperse themselves to obviously avoid getting hit. Cabin X shamelessly put their youngest in the middle where he was very vulnerable to the hitter and Eunhyuk took that chance to score.

The ball flew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter