“Always" is a good word to believe in.”

The Fraternity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm sorry that it took so long for this chapter. I had school and had a huge writer's block. Also, the ending might be bad and lazily written but that's only because I couldn't really think of anything and I didn't want to just leave it off like that. SO, I DO APOLOGIZE AND I HOPE THIS IS STILL GOOD TO SOME EXTENT. ALSO, THANK YOU FOR HAVING BEEN WITH ME SINCE CHAPTER 1!!!!!!! AND NOW, I WILL TRY  TO BE BACK WITH WRITING JUST SO  I CAN START WITH THE PART TWO OF MY VAMPIRE LIFE!!!! ONCE AGAIN, THANK YOU GUYS <3

 

 

8:25 Good Morning Seoul

Buried under a pile of blankets, Dara woke up from her deep sleep sweating. It might not be much but she was certainly feeling hot, as if she had just entered a sauna. Sitting up, she rubbed her eyes awake but before even opening them and gaining full consciousness she knew she wasn’t in her room. A reason was the all too familiar smell of cinnamon and vanilla, she knew where she was and yet she didn’t like the idea of it.

She threw the covers away, finding her legs very much exposed and only a few inches above her knees were covered by the oversized black t-shirt she wore. Her eyes tried to adjust to the light, her eyes turning to the glass window that oversaw the city of Seoul, a grand view that at the moment she couldn’t afford to watch.

“Awake already?” a deep, low voice caught her attention. She rolled her eyes at the tone of his voice but still couldn’t help the smile from forming on her lips as she turned to him. He stood by the frame of the door, leaning against it with his arms crossed against his chest and a quirky smile played on his lips.

“It’s hard to stay a sleep with the sun is up so brightly” Dara returned the same tone, her sarcasm very much clear and making him more amused than he already was. Ruffling his hair, he walked towards the bed, sitting on the edge as he watches her with a smile on his face. “Don’t smile like that Tabi, its creepy” she chuckled.

The latter rolled his eyes, obvious for the girl to see and the gesture only made her chuckle even more. Shaking her head, she grabbed a pillow and quickly threw it at his face as he was busy looking somewhere else. The attack was successful if successful meant having it thrown back at you almost immediately. A quick check if she was awake already turned into a deadly pillow fight, guns pointing at each other as Dara had Top under her and being straddled.

It was rather a fun game for them, but if you were Kim Jaejoong, it wasn’t something you’d like to see after knowing the person you love is alive when you have mourned for her death. Speechless and completely taken aback, he stood by the door with his mouth agape and eyes widened. As the door was on the left side of the bed, their position – even with the guns, looked very suspicious and Jaejoong received many thoughts because of it.

Feeling a set of eyes bearing at them, the two found him staring and almost immediately Dara went red at the realization of what they looked to him while Top just burst out laughing. He placed the gun down and took Dara’s before she could shoot him and carefully placing them on the bedside table, his hand then moving to her hips in a manner that had Jaejoong’s hand twitching for anything that can be useful as a weapon.

“Not to intrude but, everyone is here” Jaejoong spoke, his tone of voice rather on edge and the way he looked at them was deadly. His eyes completely fixed at the couple, a reaction that was frightening rather than relieving at its calm state. Without saying nothing more and only a deep breath -  a breathe that tried to calm him but failed to, he left them and headed back to where he had come from.

“What is he talking about?” Dara glared at the man under him.

“You’ll see” he replied amusedly.

Dara thought it was the day where people started to answer her questions cryptically. With her disheveled hair that was messily tied into a bun, an oversized t-shirt that failed to hide much of her legs and a Top that was getting a bit on her nerves with all the grinning and smirking he was giving her, she left the room she had slept in and towards the living room. A dark aura was creeping through the hallway, a cold draft passing her when no windows were close by. There certainly was something evil lurking by the end of the hallway, one she knows what but still walking towards it.

“Can’t we reschedule and have them meet me in better conditions that what I am in at the moment?” she asked quietly, eyes trailing against the tiled floor. Her palms began to sweat and itch, a small reaction when she becomes nervous and the grinning man beside her didn’t help at all.

“Ask them for another appointment then, as much as I’m involved into this, it’s still your responsibility” Top said before they reached the spacious living room, with glass windows that overlook the Han River and a park close by. The usual red curtain that covered the room of the sun was pushed back to the sides- like the open curtains of the stage and rather than being the audience, she was what they came for, giving the room a different brightness.

None of the people that were present in the space was calm. They were all anxious and uneasy by the way they all fidgeted. All of them took turns looking at the hallway, at the opening on the gray wall where they were told Dara would be coming from. A grandfather clock on the corner where the two walls met ticked as seconds passed, annoying the life out of them but it wasn’t theirs and blowing it up wasn’t an option.

“How long are they going to take hyung?” Sungjong asked Jaejoong, the guy had his back against the wall and in his hand was a Swiss knife that he was playing with. At the sudden question, he raised his head and looked at the latter while he shrugged his shoulders.  His eyes were distant and the pressed line his pursed lips made said he wasn’t too thrilled about the thought, the mere image of what he saw making his blood boil.

Not long after, they heard voices speaking to each other come from the same hallway. All of them turned quiet and the voices became louder as the footsteps came closer to them, echoing across the room it seemed to have frozen them with only their hearts pounding against their chest an evident of life. Finally when the girl showed herself from the shadows, everyone’s breathing seemed to have hitched and the warm air that surrounded them became ice cold, almost painful to breathe in. It was like seeing a ghost or rather a live looking zombie, they were too overwhelmed to move or even ask anything and she was too flabbergasted to begin a small conversation, if it wasn’t for Top breaking the silence it would have stayed that way for the whole day.

“I don’t cook, I can’t to be more exact so we would need to order for food” he spoke but even with his deep voice rumbling through the dangerous calm atmosphere, it still wasn’t enough to break the ice. Bound by the awkwardness of the reunion, it was unavoidable to have everyone staring at something or someone as they waited for the food delivery to come.

Dara unwillingly stayed around where Top would be, purposely ignoring the other’s eye contact and crushing their attempt to have a talk with her. The mere declination to meet their eyes already stabbed her in the heart, what more with avoiding them. She had no intent to not talk to them, if anything all she wants is to throw herself to them and have them back again but how can she do so when she knew how hurt they because of her lies even if it was for their sake. Guilt was eating her up more than shame.

Her back was turned from everyone else aside from Top, fingers rapping against the marble counter as she watched the other grin at her in amusement. She grimaced in frustration at his lack of help and consideration. Even glancing to them took all the courage in her, she was afraid to meet any of their eyes and get caught up in it. There was just no way she could handle breaking down in front of all of them.

Sungjong, the youngest of everyone in the room sat the furthest from her and he understood the least from everything that was going on as he wasn’t told much but he knew enough that nothing will change in their situation unless someone breaks the glass that kept them separated. He stood up and didn’t care for the eyes that stared at him as he moved across the room, Top kept his expression untouched as he sees the boy nearing, smiling only when the latter had his arms around the elder’s waist.

“Nuna…”he sniffled, his face buried on her neck as his tears began to drop, his shoulders trembling as he sobbed. Dara’s heart felt a pang of pain as the other began to cry, she pulled her head down and closed her eyes tight shut to not let the tears get the best of her but it was a bit too late as she started to tear up herself.

She turned around and hugged the latter tightly, smiling happily as the tears flow down from her eyes, she ruffled the boy’s hair with longing and affection. “Aigoo, since when did you start crying again?” she chuckled softly as she cupped the boy’s face, wiping his tears away with her thumb. The act only made the latter cry even more, but he smiled before he buried his face on the crook of the elder’s neck once again.

The sudden warming of the room caused everyone to unfreeze, making them aware of what was happening and like a swarm of bees, they all followed the little queen bee. One by one they approached the girl and streams of tears flooded their faces, feeling the pent up ball of emotions hidden within their chests the moment they saw her the night before finally released through their tears.

Jaejoong was the only one left out of the hugs, embraces and tears. Nothing was holding him back, he was free to join the fest but one certain guy that held his stare stopped him from even moving a finger. Top’s cold stare left him in an uncertain daze of confusion, jealousy and anger. A rather dangerous air hung around them, a dark aura that would have killed anyone who felt it. Jaejoong’s reason for having bad blood towards Top was rather obvious with what he saw before and Top was just obviously teasing the older.

“Are you two going to shoot each other anytime soon? We’d like to move this reunion somewhere warm aired” Sloan spoke and the two seemed to have woken up from the trance they both fell into. Top was grinning from ear to ear while Jaejoong gritted his teeth to stop himself from saying something unpleasant as the latter was still his friend.

“Tabi, behave” Dara warned the latter and he immediately washed the smug grin off his face and replacing it with a boyish smile, making the girls in the room aside from her swoon over him although they are all quite taken. He nodded his head then and walked towards the girl, getting a hold on her wrist and pulling her away from the group that stood beside her.

“You need to get changed first” he smiled at her with the casual curl of his lips that she was accustomed to but for the others, it was quite intriguing what the smile had meant, if it meant something of course. His hand easily slipped then from her wrist to her hand, the normal gesture making Jaejoong grit his teeth even more.

Heechul glanced at the leader of their group and grinned a bit as he saw his expression, his eyes narrowed at the two. “Take your time, Dara” he said though his eyes never left the latter’s face, watching it twitch when he heard him talk.

“Thank you oppa” Dara smiled sweetly, a little too sweetly actually before walking back to her room as she held Top’s hand, but then smacking it away and glaring at him for what he was doing. “You are out of your mind* she said through hushed voice but the raw emotions were all there, emotions being annoyance, frustration and amusement.

“Oh please nuna, you like what I’m doing. Besides, it’s a way for him to finally voice it out to you that he’s madly in love” Top snorted as he walked beside her, responding in the same manner that she talked with. Grinning amusedly to himself as they walk down the hall, he was enjoying torturing Jaejoong with simple gestures such as hand holding and he wasn’t going to stop with just that, he had planned to make him suffer of jealousy even if it’s risking his life.

Everyone that was left in the living room couldn’t help the excitement roll in them, the mere thought of Dara alive and back with them even with the unanswered questions was more than enough to bring back the happiness. Maybe it was a bit early to be celebrating already but to keep being blue about it wasn’t going to change anything. The food order was soon cancelled.

Soon, the two have finished getting changed and one again joined the others in the living room. Everyone almost stood up all at the same time in excitement, faces beaming as the plan to go out and enjoy each other’s company although the chances of it getting spoiled in the end was rather big. The thought was put aside when Dara was practically dragged out of Top’s apartment into a car; it looked very much like kidnapping but the victim looked too happy for it to be considered.

“Where are we going?” Dara finally remembered to ask where their destination would be, the question slipped out of her mind before but as they drive through the city and even reaching the borders, she started to ask questions and was getting rather anxious.

“We can’t exactly have a get together somewhere in the city, it’d be suicide” Jaejoong answered her, eyes narrowing at the driver with a very distinct glimmer of annoyance. Top, who was sitting beside her only snickered and flashed her a teasing smile at which averted her eyes to him.

“Don’t be snappy hyung , it’s a miracle she’s actually talking and asking questions like this* Top said, humor filled his words but the centre of it didn’t find it funny at all. She slumped back on the seat and let her eyes watch the passing sight outside the window.

Perhaps it was jealousy that was making Jaejoong act that way towards her, but it had felt as if he was letting out his anger and frustrations over the lies he- they, have been fed. He wasn’t intending to do that, but as he sees the lack of reprimanding the assassin was getting, he couldn’t help but deliver them himself.

Dara’s heart sunk at the treatment she was getting, but she wasn’t going to complain about it as she know she deserved it for what she did. Maybe it was fooli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter