CHAPTER 13: Sign

The Fraternity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

7:05 a.m. Good Day

It was a bright shiny morning in the island of Dara, there were some storm clouds hovering across the sea but it didn’t seem like it was going to hit them anytime soon. The mother fox had woken up earlier than anybody else, she needed to get the six out of the house and to their mission and she hadn’t slept all night.

“Good morning” she said, no noises broke the morning silence but she knew there was someone besides herself awake already. She chuckled when she heard an annoyed groan from behind. She turned around and in her hands were two mugs of hot chocolate. “Had a good sleep maknae?” she smiled at the youngest whose eyes were twinkling from the sight of the drink.

She placed the mug on the island for him, Sungjong skipped happily to it and sat down on one side while the other stood opposite of him. “You want to go out or stay?” she asked and she knew what she meant by that, there was an assignment and all of them had to go. The question was only a mere opportunity to tease the younger one.

“Can I go?” Sungjong humbly asked, he remembered what happened last night and he knew he couldn’t face Myungsoo after that. Dara seemed to know what he was thinking about and let him, she knew what the boy had gone through because of the older and if ever, she didn’t want that to happen again.

“Go wake up your oppas and unnies” Dara said and Sungjong jumped off his chair and ran upstairs where most of the idols were coming down already, looking half asleep and half awake.

“Good morning Jong” Jia smiled and ruffled the boys hair at which he giggled from.

At the top of the stairs was Myungsoo, the two connected eyes but Sungjong looked away and just went straight pass him. The older watched the latter walk away and he felt an empty void inside him because of that

Sungjong knocked on Heechul’s door first, doing it ever so slightly. The door was unlocked and it always was, Sungjong took a peek inside the dark room and smiled when he heard a subtle snoring from the bed facing the door directly. His hyung’s room always smelled of vanilla, sweet yet not too much.

“Hyung” the maknae called softly, feeling the wall for the light switch and when he found it the room lit up and waking the older almost immediately. “Oh Jong” Heechul sat up and rubbed his eyes awake.

“Dara nuna has an assignment for us” Jong squealed, jumping on the bed. Heechul chuckled and just nodded. “Alright, go wake up the others” he said and pinched the boy’s cheek before the latter left.

Sungjong then woke up Gahi, Hyunseung, Jessica, Hyuna and Himchan in that particular order. He decided to wake Himchan last, he had a feeling he would enjoy that the most and he really did.

“OH MY GOD. KIM HIMCHAN HYUNG, BANG YOGGUK HYUNG WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING?” he squealed very loudly so that the people downstairs would hear and they certainly did. There was nothing wrong with the two of them actually, nor where they doing anything wrong. The kid just wanted to make things spicier.

Himchan was on the same position as the one he slept in, between him and the older was the pillow he was still hugging. He looked adorable especially with Yongguk’s hand draped over his hand, wanting to hug him but the bloody pillow was on the way.

“What? What? What happened?” the two of them shot up, awake and looking at the room for the occurrence that caused the maknae to scream like that. They found Jong laughing his off by the end of the bed. “Yah” Himchan groaned and threw the pillow at the maknae.

“Wakey, wakey lovie dovie. Dara nuna got something for us” he emphasized the ‘us’ part and that got Himchan’s attention.

“Come on Guk wake up” Himchan said, noticing the arm around his waist. He rolled his eyes and pinched him, making the older of the two fully awoke.

When all of them were downstairs already, Jessica and Jia were making breakfast for everybody while the rest had a little morning coffee chat. Dara was by the bay window, with her untouched hot chocolate and was staring outside through the trees to the shore. All of them glanced at the girl who wasn’t making any noise. She was just sitting there with heavy thoughts burdening her mind. It had seemed like she was carrying the problems of the world.

‘Hey may think that he’s stopping me from knowing something, little does he know that by making me stay gives me much more leverage’ she thought darkly to herself. She could feel the eyes staring at her but chose to ignore them, she wasn’t quite sure if she could smile at them at that moment and perhaps lose her control and start attacking them to get some information out.

‘Come on Fox, you’re losing it’ another thought passed her mind, this time the voice was much softer and nicer than the previous one. With that she sighed and had her fingers run throw her hair, as if the act woduld brush all evil thoughts out of her head.

“AHEM” Heechul cleared his voice and that got Dara’s attention, she smiled at the guy.  “Got something to say?” he asked but instead of answering, Dara pointed at the black envelope that was lying on the table by the staircase. Gahi walked to it and looked at the paper, seeing what was writing on it she just smiled until she saw the ‘-0’ and so she looked at Dara with raised eyebrow.

“Grounded” Dara lied simply and pointed at her feet. “Bring me back a bloody t-shirt will you?” she joked but it wasn’t funny at all. The idols stared at the assassin as if she had just come out of a mental facility and forgot to take her medicines. The assassins just glared at their leader for being too childish, especially when they had guests.

“You guys are going somewhere?” Kyujong asked Gahi, who was the farthest away from but still his voice was loud enough to reach a girl at the same time as not putting attention on him. Gahi looked at him and blushed but still nodded her head to answer yes.

11:15 a.m. Can’t

The group of idols plus one injured babysitter decided to go play by the beach, the idea was much better than lazing around the house doing nothing for yet another day. Kyujong had suggested why they don’t do some music thing since that was what they were there for, even though it’s only a façade they would need some evidence to avoid getting harassed by their friends.

“Since it’s your idea, why don’t you go tell Dara nuna hyung Kyuhyun” snickered and all of them looked back at the girl whose eyes were on them like a killer and wore a frightening grin on her innocent face. All of them gulped and returned to what they were doing, burying Taecyeon under the sand while he’s asleep.

Jaejoong watched the assassin sit alone on the sand; her eyes steady as the water’s surface but as deep as the water itself. He wondered what she was thinking about that it made her space out, her newly colored blonde hair brushing across her skin made her look like an angel who was thinking of ways to get back to heaven.

“Hyung, take a picture, it will last much longer” Guk commented, using the same words Himchan told him the night before. Jaejoong made a duck face because he was just caught staring too much, if Dara had caught him his eyes would have probably been off its sockets.

“Just go talk to her hyung, it’s been safe” Kyuhyun teased.

“That’s only because someone’s watching her so she has to be nice, since no one is around I don’t think it’ll be a great idea” Jaejoong excused though he wanted to go and talk to the girl.

12:30 a.m. Surprise, surprise

“This doesn’t feel good” Croxx muttered under his breath as he walked through the shadows of the warehouse. Looking for their target was never difficult, they would have appeared early on in the assignment but no one has come out yet.

The place was damp and dark, the floor had puddles of water probably from the rain the city experienced the night after but it was rather unexplainable since there were no openings in the warehouse, n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter