Prologue

The Fraternity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10:30 pm, some parking lot in Seoul

“Anybody up for pizza after?” Croxx asked, looking down the corner of the lot for their target, letting out a frustrated sigh when he saw nobody but mostly because of no one answered his question. A couple of mice skittered across the pavement, both looking for food or garbage if nothing comes up. “At least he has some followers” he groaned jealously, Krome who was standing opposite of him and leaning against the bar just like he did chuckled sympathetically.

 

“You all might want to answer back before he gets up your again” she said over the Bluetooth, or blacktooth as she liked to call them just for originality. The message went to the others clearly and quickly, their flustered movements heard through every device.

 

“Aahh… I can’t, I need to be back at the dorm right after this” 38, their youngest said and Croxx being a psychology student once upon a time knew he was telling the truth and couldn’t help but feel a bit bad that his simple question had made the latter a bit upset for not being able to give an answer that will satisfy him.

 

“I’d love to come … oh no … I’m on a stupid diet” Calix said right after, her voice full of happiness  to but came down to an irritated groan hen she realized she couldn’t come at all but at least the attempt made the older chuckle. “It’s bad enough that I’m forced to exercise everyday” she said moreover.

 

“Calm down, business is here” Fox said through the line calmly, and everybody was very happy to hear her voice since they all thought she couldn’t make it for the trip.

 

Just like what she said a black Mini Cooper drove in from the lower floor, the parking gate open already and the car just went in without a care that the lot was closed for private use only. The vehicle stopped right in the middle of the lane, red lights blinking as if giving a signal to someone else in the place.

 

The driver stepped out of the car; an Asian man somewhere in his early-20s looked wearily around his surroundings and behind him, tucked under his shirt was a gun, surely someone who knew what was going to happen and what to expect.

 

“I’m here and I’ve got the money, give me the drugs so we can get this over with” he shouted on top of his lungs, his words echoing through the narrowing parking area. His eyes were all around and cold sweats forming on his forehead, his hand shook as he reached in the car to turn the headlights on, grabbing the attention of anyone in the shadows.

 

From the far side of the lot, all the way to the other side were footsteps that gradually got louder by the second. “Hello” he called out again but nobody answered and the footsteps stopped. “Come on, give me my drugs I’ve got the money to pay for it” he said, breathless.

 

“We’ve got our target coming up in front of him, three on the south and another 2 on the north all armed” Qat informed them, the girl sat on the farthest side of the lot where she was able to see the whole scene. Wearing her night-vision glasses she clearly saw their entire figure in addition to the hidden firearms.

 

“Ooh, 38 is going to like this. The one in front has a Safari Arm Machmaster 1911” Calix said, her smile widening into a grin and she could only imagine the latter’s eyes opening widely with excitement.

 

“Well, well, well, would you look at that you came running back quite quickly” the front man talked, chuckling endlessly with much amusement. He was bald, teeth sparkling as he displayed them –gold teeth and slinging in his shoulder a bag of what they could only think would be the drugs. “Like a mouse” he added even more.

 

The young man went back to the car and grabbed a black bag, one of the same kinds as the front man’s. Without any hesitation or any thought he threw the bag across the floor, landing in front of his feet.

 

“There’s the money, $100,000 exact. Just give me the drugs and I’ll be off, I won’t tell anyone or anything about this” the young man almost choked on his own spit, stuttering a little bit in hurry to get his hands on the drugs that was promised to him.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter