Late Realization

My Best friend, My Love

 

It’s the night of the acquaintance ball. The stars are shining brightly in the sky while the moon is slightly hidden behind a cloud. The night wind is blowing softly in the air.

The organizers of the ball voted to have a masked ball that year with a Victorian era theme. Slowly, the students are arriving at the gymnasium wearing masks and their beautiful ball gowns for the girls and the best tuxedos for the boys. The gymnasium was completely transformed. It looked the interior of a grand castle. There are dim candle lights hanging from the ceiling. Beautiful flowery curtains adorned the windows, fresh Calla Lily are elegantly arranged on tall vases in every corner of the room, the buffet table are laden with delicious food and refreshments, the chairs are covered with white cloth lining the corners of the room. The stage was transformed to look like a grand staircase of a Victorian castle. On one side of the stage stood a turret-like structure with a small window near the top, a spiral staircase surrounded the turret connecting it to the stage. The students were all abuzz with excitement.

Geun Suk is standing by the refreshment table sipping champagne. He was looking around trying to find Shin Hye. He didn’t see her for the past couple of days. When he passed by her house, her mom told him that she already left for school with Yong Hwa. He was hurt that Shin Hye was ignoring him and spending most of her time with Yong Hwa.

The host of the ball instructed the students to sit on the chairs located at the corners of the room for they were about to begin the program. Hong Ki sat next to him on his left while Uee took the seat on his right. Some of the high officials of the school and guest speakers took the stage to give their speeches. The program was almost over but Geun Suk still did not see Shin Hye. After the program, the guests and school officials left the ball. It was time to start the real party. Students were scattered around the dance floor grooving to the music played by the DJ. After one song was through, all the lights went out and the whole room was shrouded in darkness. Then they heard the voice of the host on the stage announce a special performance.

“Ladies and gentlemen, tonight we will be serenaded by the angelic voice of one of the most talented student in this school. She will serenade us with three special songs. Let’s give a warm of applause to Ms. Park Shin Hye.”

Upon hearing Shin Hye’s name, Geun Suk turned around and looked at the stage. The overhead ballroom lights focused on the window of the turret-like structure, giving it a magical glow. Then a beautiful vision filled the window. Geun Suk felt his heart thud rapidly when he saw the masked princess. Then she took off her mask revealing the beautiful face of Shin Hye. She descended the stairs slowly and went to the center stage. She’s wearing a strapless royal blue ball gown that hugged her upper body like a second skin then flaring out at the hips in a balloon-like shape. It was adorned with diamond studs and beads all over the bust and waist area and sprinkled around the skirt. Her dark hair had been swept atop her head in a loose topknot, with one thick lock allowed to slide down the length of her neck. A touch of glitter had been sprinkled onto her hair so that she sparkled like a fairy princess.

(I don’t know how to aptly describe the gown so if you’re interested to see a picture of the gown that I imagined just click this link: http://www.google.com.ph/imgres?q=masked+ball+gowns&um=1&hl=en&biw=1138&bih=535&tbm=isch&tbnid=2-YGW_A-WCJ0oM:&imgrefurl=http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/614539-official-masquerade-ball-outfits&docid=5m3fYQHWaFlRgM&imgurl=http://www.promroyalty.com/images/blue-ball-gowns-valencia-pop.jpg&w=527&h=792&ei=NzjDTqnYAZDomAW79MDrCg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=639&vpy=135&dur=70&hovh=275&hovw=183&tx=75&ty=131&sig=110960997867117119106&page=4&tbnh=145&tbnw=96&start=37&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:37

Geun Suk’s jaw almost dropped to the floor when he saw the ethereal creature that was Shin Hye. His heart kept beating like a freight-train running out of control. He felt the whole world disappear, losing consciousness of all the people surrounding him. He felt as if there was only the two of them in the world. Looking at the vision, he finally admitted to himself that he was in love with her. His declaration of love for Uee was just a façade to cover up his true feelings for Shin Hye. Now, he realized why he was so bothered and jealous at the thought of Shin Hye dating Yong Hwa. He wanted her for himself. All the protestations and denials were because of his fear that she will reject him once he declared himself to her.

 “This song is dedicated to the person I loved but is unaware of my feelings for him.” Shin Hye said, looking directly at Geun Suk’s eyes. “This also goes out to all of you who are secretly in love and is afraid to confess your feelings for that person. This song is entitled ‘Teardrops On My Guitar by the American singer and song writer Taylor Swift.”

Drew looks at me, I fake a smile so he won't see

That I want and I'm needing everything that we should be

I'll bet she's beautiful, that girl he talks about

And she's got everything that I have to live without

 

Drew talks to me, I laugh 'cause it's so damn funny

And I can't even see anyone when he's with me

He says he's so in love, he's finally got it right,

I wonder if he knows he's all I think about at night

 

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar

The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star

He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do

 

Drew walks by me, can he tell that I can't breathe?

And there he goes, so perfectly,

The kind of flawless I wish I could be

She better hold him tight, give him all her love

Look in those beautiful eyes and know she's lucky 'cause

 

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar

The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star

He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do

 

So I drive home alone, as I turn out the light

I'll put his picture down and maybe

Get some sleep tonight

 

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar

The only one who's got enough of me to break my heart

He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do

He's the time taken up, but there's never enough

And he's all that I need to fall into.

 

Drew looks at me, I fake a smile so he won't see.

 

After she sang the song, a soft music kept playing on the background. Geun Suk felt like crying while listening to Shin Hye’s angelic voice singing the song, understanding the pain that she felt while hiding her feelings for him.

“The second song I’ll sing is very meaningful to me. This song is about letting go and moving on with life. To that special person in my heart, I’m finally saying ‘Goodbye To You.’” Shin Hye said softly with sadness in her voice.

Of all the things I've believed in I just want to get it over with 
Tears form behind my eyes but I do not cry 
Counting the days that pass me by 

I've been searching deep down in my soul 
Words that I'm hearing are starting to get old 
Feels like I'm starting all over again 
The last three years were just pretend 
And I said 

Goodbye to you 
Goodbye to everything I thought I knew 
You were the one I loved 
The one thing that I tried to hold on to 

I Used to get lost in your eyes and it seems 
that I can't live a day without you 
Closing my eyes and you chase my thoughts away 
To a place where I am blinded by the light but it's not right 

Goodbye to you 
Goodbye to everything I thought I knew 
You were the one I loved 
The one thing that I tried to hold on to 
Ooh 

And it hurts to want everything and nothing at the same time 
I want what's yours and I want what's mine 
I want you but I'm not giving in this time 

Goodbye to you 
Goodbye to everything I thought I knew 
You were the one I loved 
The one thing that I tried to hold on to 

Goodbye to you 
(Goodbye to you) 
Goodbye to everything I thought I knew 
(Goodbye to you) 
You were the one I loved 
The one thing that I tried to hold on to 
(The one thing that I tried to hold on to) 
The one thing that I tried to hold on to 
(The one thing that I tried to hold on to) 
Oh whoa 
The one thing that I tried to hold on to 

And when the stars fall I will lie awake 
You're my shooting star

Before the last note of the song faded, a figure emerged from the top of the grand staircase at the stage. He descended the stairs and approached Shin Hye. Then a new song started to play. Everyone held their breath as Yong Hwa’s voice started to sing the first line of the song ‘Endless Love’.

My love,
There's only you in my life
The only thing that's bright

My first love,
You're every breath that I take
You're every step I make

And I 
(I-I-I-I-I)
I want to share
All my love with you
No one else will do...

And your eyes
Your eyes, your eyes
They tell me how much you care
Ooh yes, you will always be
My endless love

Two hearts,
Two hearts that beat as one
Our lives have just begun

Forever
(Ohhhhhh)
I'll hold you close in my arms
I can't resist your charms

And love
Oh, love
I'll be a fool
For you,
I'm sure
You know I don't mind
Oh, you know I don't mind

'Cause you,
You mean the world to me
Oh
I know 
I know
I've found in you
My endless love

Oooh-woow
Boom, boom
Boom, boom, boom, boom, booom
Boom, boom, boom, boom, boom

Oooh, and love
Oh, love
I'll be that fool 
For you, 
I'm sure
You know I don't mind
Oh you know-
I don't mind

And, YES
You'll be the only one
'Cause NO one can deny
This love I have inside
And I'll give it all to you
My love
My love, my love
My endless love

Their voices blended well together, the students sighed in awe.

“Oh, they look perfect together. They must be a real life couple to have that electrifying chemistry. I can feel the love in the air while they’re singing duet! I think I’m in love.”

Geun Suk felt as if the whole world suddenly crashed on him with one blow. The realization that he was in love with Shin Hye came too late for him. For now, she’s already with Jong Hwa and had said her goodbyes to him.

  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: The second song Shin Hye sang is entitled "Goodbye To You by Michelle Branch. If you're interested in watching their official music video just click this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeK_aAWjmfw and the link for the first song "Teardrops on my Guitar by Taylor Swift http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFMCo7vgtf4&feature=related, here's the link for the song "Endless Love" performed by Charice and K. Will. It was originally sang by Lionel Richie and Diana Ross but I like Charice and K. Will's version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTwzYfCzEG0