My Best Friend, My Love

My Best friend, My Love

Geun Suk brought Shin Hye to the amusement park where they went on a double date with Uee and Yong Hwa.

“What are we doing here? Why did you bring me here of all places?” Shin Hye asked, a bewildered look on her face.

“Well, this might sound silly to you but this place is spcial to me.” he replied, grinning sheepishly at her.

“Special? Why?”

“Well, uhhmm…” he said clearing his throat. “This is the place where it all started and made me realize some of my feelings.”

“What do you mean?” she asked.

“Well, it actually started at the restaurant…. you see, I really wanted to punch Yong Hwa on the face when he flirted with you. I didn’t know why I felt that way and I convinced myself it was just because I was nervous with my first date with Uee.”

“Oh.” was all Shin Hye said.

“But instead of concentrating on my date, all I did was watch you and Yong Hwa. I was jealous of every laugh he evoked from you. I wanted to cut off his arm every time he touched you. And I’ve never felt this kind of jealousy before. I wanted the night to end and whisk you away from him.” he confessed.

“But you kissed Uee. If you felt that way, why did you kiss her?” she asked, the hurt and pain she felt is clear on her voice.

“Oh, that kiss.” he said quietly. “The first kiss was a surprise. I was already running after you when Uee grabbed me and kissed me. I don’t know why she did it, but I think it was because she realized I was not enamored of her anymore. We were arguing at the boat before that incident. She was fishing for compliments but I was not in the mood to indulge her. I just wanted to get away from her.” he explained.

“And the second kiss? You were the one who kissed her that second time. I saw you Geun Suk.” she said angrily.

“Yes, I admit I was the one who initiated the second kiss.” at Shin Hye’s angry look, he hurriedly continued. “Please listen to me first, Shin Hye. I kissed her that second time because I didn’t feel anything with our first kiss. I just wanted to find out and confirm that there really was no spark at all, that I didn’t feel anything for her at all. And I realized that I didn’t really like her nor love her at all. I just wanted to date her because she’s popular and beautiful, but aside from that… nothing. It was so superficial.”

“You really didn’t feel anything at all? Not even a teeny little spark?” she asked, looking uncertain.

“No, I didn’t feel anything. It wasn’t like the kiss we shared at the garden. Now, that kiss, our kiss…. well… it was explosive! I mean, I’ve never felt anything like that before. I didn’t want to stop.” he smiled shyly at her.

“Uhhmm…” she cleared , blushing.

“I love you, Shin Hye.” he whispered. “Please tell me you love me again. I want to hear the words from you. Tell me, please?”

“I love you, Geun Suk. I’ve loved you for so long now.” she whispered back at him. “My best friend, my love.”

Amidst the crowd gathered at the amusement park and in front of all the onlookers, Geun Suk kissed Shin Hye passionately, sealing their promise of love for each other