Rival

My Best friend, My Love

 

Geun Suk is on his way to Shin Hye's classroom to walk her to her next class. He was delayed by his professor when he was about to leave the room, asking him about their research progress. When he turned the corner to her room, he saw Yong Hwa standing by the door of her room. They were talking animatedly, laughing and lightly slapping each other on the arm. Instead of approaching them and making his presence known, he stepped back and watched them interact.

Yong Hwa took Shin Hye's bag and books and carried them while walking her to her next class. At the door of her next class Yong Hwa stopped her from entering the room. He held her arm, turning her to face him. Geun Suk saw Shin Hye looked at Yong Hwa with questionning eyes. Yong Hwa stared at her eyes, leaned down and gently kissed her forehead.

Geun Suk stared and saw Shin Hye's eyes widen with surprise as she stood there paralyzed. He felt as if a needle pricked his heart that slowly turned into fist crashing his whole being.

'Ya! This guy is really moving fast! Do you really think you can out-charm me? Ha! just you wait Yong Hwa, I'll show you how courting is done properly. Just watch and learn!' he thought silently, turning around and going to his own class. 

****************************************************************************************************

Later that day, Geun Suk was still thinking of a plan on how to out-charm Yong Hwa and get Shin Hye back. He was at the basketball court again, contemplating.

"Geun Suk! What are you doing here?" Hong Ki asked, sitting next to him.

"Nothing." he replied shortly.

"I've been looking everywhere for you..." Hong Ki started to say.

"Why? Is there anything important that I need to know?" he asked.

"Yeah... well, you see..." he trailed off, not continuing what he wanted to say.

"Come on, man. Out with it!" Geun Suk demanded.

"Well, the band invited us to watch them perform on Saturday," he began, referring to their friends who played in a band at a local bar. "It's been a while since we've watched them play at the bar so they wanted us to be there for a sort of reunion. Are you going?"

"I don't know. I'll think about it."

"Uhhmm... about that, too... you see, Shin Hye will also be there..." there was a hesitant look in his eyes when he said that. ".... with Yong Hwa."

"What?!" Geun Suk exclaimed.

"I invited Shin Hye to the gig, and she said yes. I didn't know Yong Hwa was listening, and when Shin Hye agreed to go he asked her if he could join saying he's never seen the guys perform, so she invited him to join us."

"Ggrrr... that guy's really annoying! He's getting on my nerves! Aaahhh! I'm going to kick his !"

"Hey Geun Suk! Calm down please! Don't do anything rush, okay!" Hong Ki ran after Geun Suk who was stomping back to the campus, grabbing him on the arm.

"Calm down, Geun Suk! Shin Hye will be mad at you if you hurt Yong Hwa and cause trouble!"

Geun Suk suddenly stopped and looked at Hong Ki.

"Hey! Do you think I'm crazy? Of course, I won't kick his literally. That was just a figure of speech. Stop being so melodramatic!"

"Oh! Then why were you stomping angrily and walking in such a hurry?" Hong Ki asked, confused.

"Did you take a look at your watch? It's time for the next class. I don't want to be late." with that, he turned around rushing inside the building.

*******************************************************************************************

After the last class, Geun Suk beat Yong Hwa in rushing towards Shin Hye's classroom. Just as Shin Hye stepped out of the room, Geun Suk was leaning on the door, out of breath.

"Hey beautiful!" he greeted her. "Let's go."

"Alright!" Shin Hye said, walking beside him.

Geun Suk looked back and saw Yong Hwa staring after them with a brooding look on his face. Geun Suk saluted him, giving him a sarcastic smile before hugging Shin Hye to his side, leading her to his car.

One point goes to Geun Suk!’ he thought, grinning.