008

thanking you {kaisoo ver.}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun stared at the ceiling above him. Chanyeol's words replaying in his mind for so many times. His heart was filled with a wistful sadness. He was hoping for Chanyeol to say 'I like you' instead for thanking him because he helped in Kyungsoo and Kai's relationship. He wasn't sure if he liked Chanyeol or anything. Then, he heard a beep from his phone. He sighed as he picked it up.

 

To: Baekhyun

From: Chanyeollie

What do you mean stop calling you hyung? What do I call you then?

 

Instead of typing a reply, Baekhyun just stare at the screen. Why did he tell him to stop calling him hyung? Why? He kept on questioning himself. Just now, he didn't feel right for Chanyeol to call him hyung. Not that he wanted him to call him sunbae-nim again, but he has this weird feeling about Chanyeol. He wasn't sure if he liked Chanyeol. He just didn't know how or why.

Do I like him? Do I tell him then? But I wasn't sure myself.

Baekhyun was arguing with his own thoughts again. Then he decided to play along before he finds the real answer about his feeling towards Chanyeol.

If I don't do this now, I'll be regret when I realised I really liked him, right?

 

To: Chanyeollie

From: Baekhyun

Call me baby.

 

***

 

Chanyeol's eyes went wider. Baekhyun had always suprise him with unexpected things when he texted him.

'Call me baby'?

He gulped. He was nervously sweating on his bed. Today was tiring enough and he didn't want to be having lack of sleep just because Baekhyun asked him to call him 'baby'. The moment when Baekhyun asked about Kai and Sehun    he realised that he has somewhat feeling lingering inside him towards the older male. Not wanting to be so obvious, he replied him with a simple text.

 

To: Baekhyun-hyung

From: Chanyeol

What...???

 

However, the next message the received from Baekhyun, made him groaned with pain in his heart.

 

To: Chanyeol

From: Baekhyun-hyung

Haha! Have you heard the song from EXO's new album? Call me baby, babe, call me baby! So cool!!~

 

He sure knows how to play with my heart, isn't he?

 

***

 

Kai walked down the street. It was Saturday and he was bored. He was not going to stay at home afterall. His brother had been nagging at him so he could start cleaning up his room. His mother been forcing him to finish everything in the plate while eating breakfast this morning. Kai dressed in a simple gray coloured t-shirt and a pair of jeans. He styled his hair a bit. He didn't know why he bothered to look good though.

The weather is nice and warm. He loved the sunlight shining above him. It may sounds stupid but he thinks sunlight is the reason why he had a tanned skin since he played outside a lot when he was still a kid. But above all, his father's skin was tanned too. Unlike his brother, Suho who has fair and white skin just like their mother.

Kai walked to the corner not so far from him. His eyes were on his phone    you know what he does. Right after he turned to his right, he bumped into someone. Ever since he entered high school, his life was always about crying, being emotional, silencing, anti-sociable and of course, bumping into people. Only today, his phone was keep safe in his hand.

Kai looked up and shocked to see Kyungsoo standing right in front of him with a small box in his hand. "Kyungsoo sunbae-nim?" Kai called. Kyungsoo was also shocked. He just smiled just like what he ever did in any other day. Since the incident in the storage room at school, they hadn't meet each other. Kai was more than happy to meet Kyungsoo. Somehow, he missed the boy.

"Hello, Kai," Kyungsoo said, still smiling warmly. Kai was happy to see Kyungsoo smiling. The Kyungsoo he saw at that night was not the best of Kyungsoo he had ever seen. Basically, he was afraid to see him like that again. He feels the need of protecting the smaller guy. "I'm sorry that I bumped into you again!" he bowed but Kyungsoo stopped him. "Don't worry. Anyway, you're lucky we didn't exchange our phone again," he joked.

The two walked together, heading to nowhere. Kai noticed the small box in Kyungsoo's hand. "What's in the box, sunbae-nim?" Kyungsoo handed the box to Kai instead of answering him. He let Kai finds out what's in the box by himself. Kai took the small box and opened it. There was a red velvet cupcake with cream on top. Kai lifted up his eyebrow. Confused.

"Why are you bringing cupcake with you? Where are you from--or, where are you heading to actually?" he asked. Kyungsoo shrugged. "I always go out with a cupcake every Saturday."

"Why?"

"To share happiness? I'll give the cupcake to person who looks lonely to cheer them up."

"You mean like, strangers?" Kyungsoo nodded in agreement. Kai smiled. He knew it. Kyungsoo is always a considerable person who cares about people so much. But to Kai, the one who looks lonely today was Kyungsoo himself. Despite from his smiling face, his eyes were burning in pain. He didn't know why but he can feel it. Then, the urge of making Kyungsoo's burned eyes to cool down came into his heart. "Do you mind if I go with you? We can find the person who needs this together!" he cheered.

Kyungsoo smiled sheepishly. "We're already go together, Kai."

Oh yes, right. Stupid Kai.

Kai rubbed his nape and awkwardly smiled. He was embarrassed at himself. "So? Let's go now?" he said, breaking the awkwardness he made himself. Kyungsoo nodded and started to walk. Kai, he was holding the little box in his left hand, and in his right hand, his fingers wrapped neatly to Kyungsoo's.

 

***

 

"Look, Chanyeol! They are holding hands!" Baekhyun exclaimed in joy while Chanyeol just rolled his eyes. Chanyeol was feeling irritated since Baekhyun played with his heart with the text message he sent him that night. Now, he had to follow Baekhyun, sneaking into bushes, dressed in blacks from top to toe, looked like spies in a Running Man program. Baekhyun texted Chanyeol so that he could follow him spying the two lovelies he tried to match up.

"Why are we spying on them?!" he groaned. Baekhyun almost smacked the younger's head when his voice was too loud but he stopped when he realised that he shouldn't hit the person he liked the best    and that he just don't realised it yet. "Shut up, just follow me!" He grabbed Chanyeol's hand and tried to drag him away but Chanyeol put all his weigh onto the ground so the smaller can't pulled him along. "Chanyeol!"

"Bab--Baekhyun hyung!"

There was silence in awhile as Chanyeol realised he almost called Baekhyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter