006

thanking you {kaisoo ver.}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Days passed. Baekhyun had been clinging onto Chanyeol at times when Kyungsoo wasn't around. Kai went out with Kyungsoo a lot. Date? No, that was not a date. He was out with to talk about you-know-what. Until one day, Baekhyun was bored. So, he followed Kyungsoo and Kai to a nearby cafe because Chanyeol had his basketball practice. Not that he wanted to be the third wheel though.

"Don't mind about me. I'll sit at another place!" he said and walked to another table. Baekhyun ordered his favourite drink. Baekhyun silently sipped into his drink and played the games in his handphone. Suddenly Kai's voice atrracted him to listen to them more. "Actually, my name is Kim Jongin. But Sehun started to call me Kai. He said that name is cool. And then, everyone started to call me Kai!" Kai laughed.

"Sehun loved bubble tea. He's the one who taught me to drink all of these things. His favourite flavour was chocolate."

"Sehun loved stuffed animals. Mostly Rilakkuma. He named on of his Rilakkuma as Pinkeu Pinkeu. It's cute, right?"

"Sehun gave me a llama stuffed animal. It's pink coloured. I hated pink. He really knows how to tease me!"

Baekhyun looked up at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo had been smiling like an idiot for the entire conversation. He nodded, he laughed, he reassured Kai. Baekhyun groaned. He was annoyed with Kai, of course. Sehun this. Sehun that. Sehun here and there.

Who the hell is Sehun? Why does he tell him that?

 

***

 

"Who is Sehun?" Kyungsoo looked up to the sudden question by Baekhyun. "H-he was Kai's boyfriend," he answered. Baekhyun nodded. Kyungsoo saw the disapproving look on the latter's face. "Why did he tell you all about him?" he asked again. "Sehun was dead and Kai never move on. He loves him. Always love him.."

"And you love Kai?"

Kyungsoo nodded slowly and Baekhyun sighed. He didn't like the fact that his friend is after someone like Kai. He knew it better. But what can he does? This is Kyungsoo's first time. He can't do anything. Unless Kai wanted to move on, leaving the memories of Sehun behind him and go on with Kyungsoo. "You are not mad about it?" Kyungsoo shrugged. He didn't mad, he knew that. "I'm not mad but I think it's hurting me," he said. Baekhyun patted his shoulder. "Didn't you try to talk to him about it? He should move on."

"No."

"Why?"

"He's happier when he talked about him. I love to see him smile."

"But it's hurting you, Kyungsoo-ah.."

"I don't mind," he smiled. "Don't worry, I'm fine." Deep in Baekhyun's heart, he knew that Kyungsoo is not fine. His friend was hurt. He didn't want to let it happens. In any case, he thinks Kai was annoying. He kept talking about his already-dead boyfriend a lot. Does he ever think about how Kyungsoo feels? He thought.

I'll not let your first love hurts you.

 

***

 

"Eh, you come?" Kai said as Chanyeol entered his room. "Hi, Kai!" Chanyeol cheered. Kai was laying on his bed, looking in his phone again. Chanyeol was curious so he peeked at the phone and saw     Sehun. He felt weird. He thought Kai had moving on with Kyungsoo. He looked happy with Kyungsoo existence. "What about Kyungsoo sunbae-nim?" he decided to ask. Kai switched off his phone and looked up. "What about with him? What?" he asked Chanyeol back.

"Thought you moved on," Chanyeol said.

"Why?"

"You seemed happy when sunbae-nim is around."

Moving on? No, Chanyeol.

What he really needed was a partner, in the simplest definition of the word. Someone to share the stories and help him grow to manage on his own. Someone who could fill the role of caretaker, mentor, trusted confidant, coach and a friend. Someone who accepted him for what he was and who would be there during the hardest time. Kyungsoo is the partner who can do that. Of course, Chanyeol too.

"No, he's just a friend I shared my stories with.."

"Stories?" Kai looked guilty. Chanyeol raised an eyebrow, suspiciously looking at the tanned-skin boy. "I talked to him about Sehun."

"Oh, really? He didn't mind?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter