Beautiful in White

The Sinner

A/N: So, this is an angst one shot, and if the person who requested it could kindly tell me their username, I'll add it in the title, if not, it's okay. Also, if you want you can listen to Beautiful in White - Westlife while reading. The link is on the songtitle, you just have to wait a little before the song starts playing. If you want to cry, listen to the song on repeat, read the one shot and imagine the scenario in your head :)

Word count: 1235
Genre: Angst
Couple: JeTi


 

You said you loved me. You said I was your life, your oxygen. Then why did you give me up? You let me fall, saying you’re not good enough anymore. You started avoiding me, not wanting to see me ever again. You didn’t even see me as your best friend anymore. What happened? Please tell me, help me understand. I feel like dying, seeing you every day, so darn happy and knowing that I’m not the cause of your happiness. What went wrong? When did we end? Why do you look so much happier now? Now that you broke my heart.


The years have passed without any sort of contact from you. You completely disappeared out of my life, so please, please tell me why you sent me this invitation. The invitation to your marriage with that guy who took you away from me. Asking me to be there for you, sing for you. Walk you down the aisle if it’d be possible, because, you’re my best friend and I love you. Why do you throw these words around this carelessly? I don’t want to go. Being there will only remind me of our time together. Remind me of what could have been. But it’s your biggest wish. Please, for my marriage?


I’m about to turn around, go back home, to my sister and my friends, when the butler knocks on the window of my car, asking me to get out so that he could me inside. The church where you’re being proclaimed husband and wife looks prestige. But you always wanted this. A prestige marriage in a church, with a white ball gown, nine bride’s maids and a prince charming, who made you feel like a princess. The butler leads me down a hall, everywhere I see people talking, everyone is so happy about the marriage. Except for me.


And when I saw you in that white dress, my world crumbled. You were as splendid as I imagined you’d be. He’s standing next to you, his arm around your waist, smiling proudly, showing you off. And how could he not? You look so beautiful in white. Your families are standing around you, congratulating you, wishing you all the best and a healthy child. I can feel the tears in my eyes threatening to fall when you finally notice me, shouting Jessi! with such enthusiasm that it hurts. Can’t you see that I’m suffering? Can’t you see that I’m wishing so hard to be the one marrying you instead of him?


Your walk is as elegant as ever, your brown locks are cascading down your shoulders and bouncing with every step you take. Your eyes shine brightly, like this is the most important day in your life. It is. You’re happy and excited and about to burst out in tears, I can hear it by the tremble in your voice, when you ask me how you look. And to be honest, there is no word to describe your beauty right now, the way your dress hugs your body, the happy aura which shines around you and these dazzling eyes, forming into two crescent moons whenever you smile. God, you look so beautiful in white.


And you ask me if I’ll sing and how could I not? No matter how much you hurt me, I still love you and I’ll do anything for you if it guarantees your happiness. I look over to the altar and the piano next to it. It’s white, beautiful and it’s where I’ll be sitting, watching you marry this guy. This guy who’s flirting with one of your bridesmaids, this guy who bullied you in high school, this guy whom I beat up because he had called you names. But if he makes you happy, then I won’t say anything, because your happiness means the world to me and I’ll gladly give you the world.


The ceremony is about to start. I sit down in front of the piano, ready to start playing the song. The song which will accompany you down the aisle. Choose whichever song you see fit. I want it to be perfect. I trust your judgment. Jessi. When you nod at me, I start playing, trying hard not to cry. I look up from the keys to you. Your father walking you down the aisle with a proud smile, the audience around you so very emotional, him standing in front of the altar, smiling genuinely and you. You briefly gaze over to me, flashing a lovable smile, before focusing your attention back to him.


And when the words start escaping my lips, the tears escape as well. Who knew singing could be this painful? Looking up is too hard, I fix my gaze on my hands, watching how they swiftly move over the keys. My vision starts to blur, yet I don’t stop belting out every single note with the rawest emotion. It pains me to see you holding his hands. It hurts me to hear you exchange your vows, promising to love one another until death may us part. It rips me apart to see you kiss. And it destroys me hearing everyone clap, seeing everyone so happy. Everyone except for me.


And I really tried, but it’s too much. Seeing you throw the brides bouquet, seeing you two hold hands, while I’m sitting here, playing the piano, but no longer singing. I don’t trust my voice not to quiver. The tears won’t stop and I just want to run away. But I can’t. I can’t leave you here, not in the middle of your happiest day. I don’t want to ruin your day. And I want to see you a little longer, knowing that it’s probably the last time I’ll ever see you again. You look so beautiful in white.


The music dies down as I watch all your relatives and friends congratulate you. Shaking your hand, hugging you, crying. You should be the one crying. Why aren’t you crying? Don’t you find this overwhelming? He is here next to you, holding your hand tightly, crying. So tell me, why aren’t you crying? I stand up, slowly, carefully. I have to go. I can’t take this any longer. Wiping my eyes with my sleeve, I make my way to the exit, hoping that no one will notice me. But of course someone does. And it has to be you.


A disappointed you already have to go? I turn around to look at you, knowing that if I lay my eyes on you again, there is no way I will be able to hold back my tears. And there isn’t. You look shocked, panicked, when you see the liquid roll down my cheek, but you don’t know what to do, so you just stand here, in front of me. It has been years since I last hugged you and I nearly forgot how good, how right it feels. You’re frozen and takes you a short moment until you lace your arms around me. I love you. I whisper and I can feel you stiffen, but relax shortly after and I don’t know what ran through my mind when I kissed the corner of your lips. You look so beautiful in white. I whisper and break out of your embrace. It’s time for me to leave you. For good.


She looked so beautiful in white tonight.