Tell Me [Soofany5]

The Sinner

 

 

Wordcount: 2218 words
Couple: Kyungri/Minha
Genre: Fluff?
Rating: PG

 


The one where Minha is jealous at Kyungri's female friends.

 

Minha stared at the wall in front of her in anger. Or jealousy. It was more jealousy than anger, although that didn’t really matter, since acknowledging what she felt wouldn’t change the current situation at all.

“Wow, okay, what’s wrong?”

Minha turned her head to see Hyemi sit down next to her with mixture of a confused and worried expression on her face.

“Kyungri,” was all the redhead answered.

Well, technically she was wrong. She was wrong for being so goddamn jealous all the time. But then again, her being jealous was Kyungri’s fault, therefore, she could say that Kyungri was wrong.

“What did she do?”

Minha faced her friend with a sigh.  “She flirts with every girl she sees.” Except for me. She added in her mind.

Hyemi shrugged. “Well that’s nothing new.”

“You’re not helping.” Minha whined and softly and repeatedly punched Hyemi’s shoulder.

Hyemi feigned pain, before she laughed and pushed Minha’s hands away. “Fine, fine.”

“You’re dating, so where’s the problem? Just tell her that you don’t like to see her flirt with other girls.”

Minha frowned. She couldn’t go to Kyungri and just demand that the girl stopped flirting with everyone, or could she? She really didn’t know. The only thing she knew, was that if Kyungri wanted to continue to flirt with other girls, she’d have to start reassuring Minha soon.

Because she was starting to doubt their relationship and Kyungri’s love.

“I can’t. And besides, I once tried to subtly ask her why she kept flirting with all those girls. And do you know what her answer was?”

“To make you jealous?” Hyemi deadpanned.

Minha looked at her best friend with a frown, then shook her head. “Uh no. She said that she wasn’t flirting with them, she was being playful. She doesn’t even see it as flirting.”

Hyemi sighed, this seemed to be complicated.

“Did you tell her that you get jealous whenever she does this?”

Minha shook her head. “I can’t. I’m scared that she’ll think of me as a crazy possessive.”

Hyemi pulled the other girl in a bear hug. “Then let’s just wait for now. And if you need to talk come to me.”

 

.

 

Minha was lying in her bed, snuggled into countless pillows to make up for the absence of her girlfriend. A sigh escaped her lips. She had a hard time falling asleep when Kyungri wasn’t next to her and all those feelings of jealousy she had had lately, didn’t make the situation any better.

The past week had been terrible. Every day there was another girl for Kyungri to flirt with and Minha was starting to wonder if everything the girl did was on purpose.

Maybe Kyungri wanted to break up with her, but she didn’t find the strength to do it, therefore, she started flirting with all of her friends, whenever Minha was there to witness it.

The thought scared her, but it would be possible. Everything was possible with Kyungri.

A sudden feeling of anxiety overcame her and with her favorite pillow under her arm, Minha wandered to Hyemi’s room, which was just next to hers.

“Minha? It’s three am, why are you here?” The blonde asked after she had opened the door.

“I…thought about my relationship with Kyungri and I came to a conclusion.” She stated and when Hyemi saw the distressed look on her face, she pulled her into the room and onto the bed.

“Okay, tell me.”

“What if Kyungri wants to break up with me? But she can’t find the courage to do it, that’s why she keeps flirting with different girls. She hopes I’ll notice and break up with her.”

Hyemi stared at her best friend in disbelief, wondering what she had taken in order to say this kind of nonsense. It was probably because it was the middle of the night.

“Do you even hear yourself speak sometimes?” She inquired, resisting the urge to, repeatedly, acquaint Minha’s face with a pillow. Hard.

“It seemed logic to me…” A pout formed on the redheads lips.

“…For the sake of my life, please listen to what’s you’re saying.”

Minha looked close to tears now. But that was normal, considering it was the middle of the night and the girl tended to get overly emotional, when tired.

“You know what, let’s sleep and we’ll talk about everything tomorrow, okay?” She suggested, before Minha could answer her.

“You can sleep with me if you want.” Hyemi proposed, scooting to the side, to give Hyemi enough place on the mattress.

Minha looked at her best friend in silence for a good twenty seconds, before she nodded her head, joining the girl under the covers.

“Thanks…” She whispered.

“No problem.”

 

.

 

Kyungri was a little too cheerful the next morning. Too cheerful and way too touchy for Minha’s taste. The brunette was hanging around Sungah and Hyuna an awful lot, hugging them whenever she had the opportunity, which was, nearly all the time.

Ever since she had walked into the kitchen this morning, where the members who didn’t have any schedules where eating their breakfast, she had been with Hyuna and Sungah. She hadn’t even spared a glance at Minha.

Okay, that was exaggerated, she had kissed her good morning (on the cheek) and affectionately tapped her nose. But that was about it. And now she was there, clinging to Hyuna and Sungah, completely ignoring her girlfriend.

Hyemi, who sat next to her, gave her a reassuring tap on the shoulder, then motioned for her to leave the kitchen.

“How do you stay so calm?” Minha asked, after having let herself slump on the couch.

Hyemi shot her a confused gaze.

“The way she was hugging Sungah. Didn’t it tick you off?”

The blonde shook her head. “No. I know that Sungah’s head over heels for me… I have no reason to doubt it.”

Minha heaved a sigh. She admired her friend’s optimism. Admired and perhaps even envied it. But then again, Sungah didn’t flirt around as much as Kyungri. And she was like a puppy. A big adorable puppy. Completely whipped when it came to her girlfriend.

Kyungri, if compared to Sungah, would be something like a cat. Something independent. Sly sometimes, only returning to her owner, in this case her girlfriend, when she needed or wanted to too. Unlike a puppy, she didn’t act overjoyed when she saw Minha again after a day full of schedules. She had her moments when she wanted affection.

A pillow hit her square in the face, pulling her out of her train thoughts in a rather, unappreciative way.

“You were spacing out and you didn’t react when I called you.” Hyemi explained when Minha gave her an annoyed look.

The red haired girl shrugged. “Whatever. What did you want to say?”

“That you should talk.”

Minha distorted her face, pulling a grimace to show her discomfort. “I don’t want to. I’m scared of the outcome, because, what if my theory is right?”

Hyemi frowned a little. “Your theory?” She inquired unsure, already having forgotten about their topic last night.

Minha sighed. “That this is her way of trying to break up.”

“Oh this. I thought I –“

“– Whose way of trying to break up?”

Both girls turned around at the voice, Kyungri walking into the living room, a loving smile on her lips as she sat down next to Minha, taking the red haired girl’s hand in hers, intertwining their fingers and then pulling it on her lap.

The younger’s cheeks heated up and Hyemi had to bite back a chuckle at the sight.

“And? Who’s trying to break up with whom?” Kyungri repeated the question, when she didn’t get an answer.

Minha shot Hyemi a look, telling her that she should keep quiet about their topic. She wasn’t ready to talk to Kyungri about this. Not yet. She first had to come to terms with a possible breakup and then she would talk to her.

Hyemi gave the older woman a shrug. “Not my place to tell, sorry. Now if you guys excuse me, I’ll go see Sungah.”

The blonde gave Minha a sly wink and stood up to make her way to the kitchen, where her girlfriend was.

“Wow, okay. Then can you tell me who’s trying to break with whom?” Kyungri asked, pulling Minha into a backhug and leaning back into the couch.

Minha shook her head. “No I can’t either.” She looked up to see Kyungri giving her a pouty face, lips puckered adorably.

A pang of sadness shot through Minha. The mere thought of breaking up with Kyungri made her want to curl up in a ball and cry. And that pouty face and back hug didn’t make her feel better. If anything they made her feel worse.

“I’m sorry.” She pressed a soft kiss against Kyungri’s cheek, before standing up. “I have to go. See you later.” She gave Kyungri a small smile and left the living room.

 

.

 

Minha had been avoiding Kyungri ever since she had come back home. She didn’t want to face the girl and therefore face what had been bothering the past week. Her plan to avoid the other girl was flawless. She would spend all of the time where Kyungri was in the dorm in Hyemi’s room and once the woman had to leave for her schedule, she’d go back to her room. And when Kyungri would come home, Minha would be fast asleep.

A glance to Hyemi’s alarm told her that it was already eleven pm. Kyungri would leave in an hour and then Minha would finally be able to return to her room and go to sleep. Of course she could also have done this earlier, but then she would have had to face Kyungri and she didn’t want that.

The whole day she had talked herself into breaking up with the older woman. The whole day she had told herself that Kyungri would probably be happier without her, yet she still wasn’t ready to end things. The thought still hurt.

The last hour passed rather quickly. Minha spent it by playing games on her phone and texting Hyemi who was sitting in the living room with Sungah, Hyuna and Erin. She had to admit the temptation to join them was high, but Kyungri could have walked out of their room anytime and she really wanted to avoid a possible confrontation.

It was ten past eleven when she left Hyemi’s room and entered her own, only to find Kyungri sitting on her bed, legs crossed and eyes red. She had been crying Minha noticed with a sudden wave of guilt rushing over her.

“Minha!” Kyungri exclaimed in relief when she saw her lover and instantly stood up, hugging the younger woman tightly. The hug didn’t last more than a few seconds, for Kyungri broke it, walking back to the bed.

“Why did you ignore me the whole day?” She asked, a certain bitterness in her voice, which had Minha flinch.

“I thought…”

Kyungri arched one eyebrow. “You thought? About what?”

“About us. I think it’s better if we break up.” Minha had wanted to remain calm and strong during the talk, but she couldn’t prevent her voice from cracking at the end of the sentence.

Kyungri’s eyes widened in surprise, slowly filling with tears. “What? Why? You can’t be serious!”

Minha sighed, her head down. “It’s okay. You don’t need to act surprised or sad… I figured out it would be easier for you if I just ended things between us…”

Tears were rolling down Kyungri’s cheeks and if Minha had looked up, she would have seen that Kyungri was genuinely surprised and sad.

“What are you talking about? Why would things be easier for me?” The older one exclaimed in anger, frowning at her lover, as she didn’t understand what was going on.

Minha looked up from her feet, eyes shimmering. “I figured that you flirting with every girl you’re befriended with, yet don’t do it with me, your girlfriend, was your way of telling me that we should break up. Because you couldn’t say it straight to my face, you decided to tell me through actions until I’d realize.”

Kyungri stared at Minha in disbelief. “I feel like hitting you.” She exclaimed, her hands gripping the sheet beneath her tightly. “You’re an idiot.”

“Why?” Minah asked with a frown.

“You’re so stupid.” The elder continues, “Stupid and dumb. I would never want to break up with you! I love you!”

“You keep on flirting with other girls! Why do you do this then? To make me jealous?”

Kyungri seemed to calm down a little. “I was just being playful with my friends… I didn’t know you saw it as flirting. And why did you not tell me?”

Minha shrugged, suddenly avoiding Kyungri’s eyes again. “I thought it wasn’t my place to tell you how to act with your friends...”

Kyungri heaved a sigh, tears dried. “Next time something like this happens please tell me. I don’t want you to break up with me because of a stupid misunderstanding…”

“I’m sorry.” Minha said and slowly walked over to her girlfriend. Cupping her cheeks, when they were face to face. “I love you.”

“I love you too, idiot.”

 


So uhm, first of all sorry to everyone for not updating for so long
(especially to those who requested)
I will try to finish all the requests I have left in the coming days

About this one shot, I don't know either....
The key to a healthy relationship is good communitcation kids. And trust.