Rabbit Hole [10151996-ji]

The Sinner

 

 

A/N: Basketball team arrangement makes no sense at all. Neither do the rules. Tbh nothing makes sense. When I first thought about how I was gonna write this, I was like, Joy will be innocent and now Sootan is so bold…


Genre: HS AU | Teache/Student
Rating: T for tease 
Couple: JoyGi & JoyRene

Wordcount: 6510 (srsly...)

 


 

Practice had just ended and Sooyoung, or Joy, as her friends preferred to call her, lay panting on the floor. Her jersey sticking to her skin, just like her hair.

“Hey cap, you okay?” She heard, Amber, one of her club members, ask.

Somehow she managed to croak out a ‘yes’ and stand up, ready to dismiss the team.

“Everyone listen up!” She shouted, catching the attention of every team member in the gym. “You did a great job today. If we keep it up, there is no doubt we will win the match next Friday. You are dismissed, first years, please clean the gym.”

The basketball team, save for the first years, then left the gym and went to hit the showers, all too tired to attend their classes for the day.

Because of the match against YG High next Friday, Joy had decided to put an extra practice schedule every morning, except for Sunday. It had been way too long since they last beat them.

“You look worried.” A voice suddenly spoke, making Joy look around in confusion, until her eyes found Amber, who was drying her hair with a white fluffy towel.

“I just really want to win this game.”

Amber nodded in understanding. “I get it, me too. It’s the last year for some of us after all…”

“Heads up guys! We’ll win for sure!” Sulli suddenly exclaimed, stepping out of the shower with a green towel around her body and a white one on her head.

“You’re so optimistic. Why are you so sure we’ll win?” Amber shot back grinning.

“Well, I’m your center for the match.” The smug expression the young girl wore, was enough to let Amber and Joy burst out in a fit of laughter.

Sulli shook her head at her team mates. They were like little children sometimes. “Okay, okay enough. Hurry up or else we’ll be late for class.”

 

-

 

“I feel like a third wheel and we’re in class.” Joy complained whispering, doodling some cartoon characters on her paper.

“Technically you are the fifth wheel.” Amber, who sat to her right, corrected her.

Joy sighed again and let her head fall onto the table, creating a soft thud, luckily her teacher didn’t notice it. Why did she have to be seated between Amber and Sulli and their girlfriends? Why did she not have a girlfriend? Or a boyfriend?

“Well maybe if you hadn’t rejected that Sungjae guy from class B, then you would have had a boyfriend.” Sulli answered shrugging, continuing to take notes, while her fingers where laced with Krystal’s under the table.

Joy shot her a glare. She hadn’t realized that she had spoken aloud.

“I don’t like him. He’s too clingy.” She hissed, only to have Sulli return her a ‘yeah sure’ look.

Confused, the brunette turned to Amber, who was exchanging papers with Ailee.

“Amber.” She said as she tapped the girl’s shoulder. “Why did Ssul give me that look when I told her that I didn’t like Sungjae, because he’s too clingy?”

Amber looked at Joy with a grin on her face. “Because we know that you like someone else.”

Joy nodded, but stopped mid-motion when she realized what Amber had said. “I don’t like anyone at the moment.”

Really, she wasn’t interested in anyone right now! At least she wasn’t aware that she was. Who would she even be interested in?

 

-

 

Irene and Seulgi had been best friends since their childhood. They met in middle school in Seoul, both being lost in their school, after having moved to Seoul from some little province.

After their encounter they quickly became friends, visiting the same high school and university and even applying for the same job at the same school.

Well, not really the same job. There where small differences. For example that Seulgi taught P.E and History, whereas Irene taught Biology and Music.

“Are you going to the basketball game next Friday?” Irene asked the younger woman, taking her lunch out of her bag.

“Of course, some of my students are playing. I want to see how good of a teacher I am.” Seulgi joked. Though she had only told half the truth. Going to support her students was only one of the two reasons.

Irene rolled her eyes and playfully shoved her friend away. “You’re so full of yourself. Let’s go together?”

Seulgi just nodded. She didn’t question why Irene wanted to come and watch, after all some of the basketball players where her students as well.

“As if I had a choice.”

A soft laugh escaped Irene. “You don’t.”

Both women finished their lunch, then decided to head out to the courtyard for a small stroll.

“We should do something this weekend. Go grab a coffee, watch a movie.” Irene suddenly suggested, breaking the comfortable silence that so often surrounded them.

Seulgi contemplated the proposition for a short minute. It had been quite a long time since they had done something where just the two of them were involved.

“Sure.” She said with a sincere smile.

They continued strolling around, until they passed the gym, where they heard shouting and a few balls bouncing.

Giving each other a sly grin, they decided to check out the source of the noise.

 

-

 

“Okay, so this is the team layout I planned on using.” Joy said as she handed her team members a sheet of paper. “This is not definitive okay? Changes can still be made, so don’t give up just because you’re not in the starting layout.”

Those who weren’t in the first layout looked disappointed, but Joy understood that. It was hard when you felt like you weren’t good enough.

“This isn’t everything. I have the second team layout, which will be used as well. Read through it and then I’ll explain the plan.”

Joy sighed as she sat down next to her co-captain, Amber.

The first team layout had Sulli as center, Amber as small forward and Moonbyul as power forward. The shooting guard position was taken by Junghwa and Joy would play as point guard.

For the second team layout, she had put Erin as center, Bomi as small forward, Bora as power forward, Sohyun as the shooting guard and lastly, Yeri as point guard.

Besides being one of Joy’s closest friends, Yeri was a very good basketball player and quite the leader. Sure, sometimes she didn’t really know how to handle certain situations, but that was simply because she didn’t have enough experience.

Given enough time and possibilities, Joy was sure that Yeri would be the best leader this basketball team ever had.  Because as much as it saddened Joy to think about it, she was already halfway through her third year, next year would be her last year with this basketball team and she needed to find someone who could take over.

Her school was a combination of high school and college, although both buildings were kind of separated, just like the dorms, they were still next to each other and they shared the teachers, the break and the courtyards.

Sadly, they didn’t share the clubs.

“Okay we read through the layouts, now what’s your plan?” Yeri asked as she stood in front of Joy, a serious expression on her face.

Joy nodded and stood up.

“Kay, everyone listen up! Since we are the guest in the upcoming match, we have the second team change advantage.”

The team change advantage was a rule, where the team was allowed to change all its player at once, only during the break though. Usually you could only change up to three players at once, but this was meant to make the games easier, seeing as they were all only teenagers.

It only applied until high school though, in college they didn’t have this advantage anymore. To top it off, the guest team was allowed to use this advantage two times, instead of just one.

However, not many players knew about this rule, which Joy found quite strange, because it could be vital for a game.

“Oh! I know what you plan to do!” Yeri suddenly exclaimed, making all the heads turn to her.

Joy smiled, she had hoped that Yeri would catch on, it was a way to train to be next leader, even though the younger girl did not know about Joy’s plan yet.

With a nod Joy indicated Yeri to start explaining their plan.

“Okay, so for the first quarter of the match, we’ll use the first team layout. The team will go full out, securing us a lot of points and hopefully giving us a gap, too big for them too close. For the next two quarters, the second team will play and the first team will be on the bench. This way, we can focus on defending while the first team can rest. Then for the last quarter, will switch back into offense mode with the first team.”

Joy showed her a proud smile, clapping her hands. “Exactly. We’ll play offense-defense-defense-offense.”

Some of the players gave Joy a look of uncertainty. 

And Bora was the first one to speak up. “This is a great plan, but don’t you think that YG High will expect that? I mean they know the rules as well…”

Amber was the one to answer her question. “Actually they won’t. We’ve always been more on the offensive side of the game and we never changed a whole team layout in a match. We always stuck to one layout, with a few utility players. This would be the first time we’d play like this.”

“Also, we’d brusque them with our change of play. They will have to adapt to the unusual defensive play and when they’ll be used to it, we’ll switch back into the offensive gameplay. It’s kind of unbalancing” Joy added.

She was really thankful to have Amber as her co-captain. Together they had gone over to the college side and asked former members of the basketball club about their game strategies.

Bora looked like she was in deep thoughts for a moment, before she nodded. “Alright, that sounds solid. And we a few first years they haven’t played against yet, so this should add to the surprising effect.”

They then went to get basketballs and cones, to start training.

“We’ll train our individual skills first, then we’ll end practice with a practice match between team one and team two. For all the others who won’t play along, I want you to pay the outmost attention, okay? Everything that could be improved, you tell us. It’s best if you write it down. And we’ll use four referees instead of two. Got it? Now go train, you have 90 minutes.”

As soon as Joy had stopped talking, everyone went to train their individual skills. The shooting guards went to improve their shooting range and their accuracy, while the centers played against the small forwards in man-to-man ‘battles’. The point guards and power forwards had teamed up and worked on their ball control as well as their agility.

 

-

 

“Oh look it’s Park Sooyoung from my History class.” Irene said as she pointed to the basketball captain, who was training with Yeri.

Seulgi tugged on Irene’s sleeve, pulling her along, as she discreetly walked to the stands where they sat down, slightly hidden, not too much though, so they could still properly see the training session.

“We shouldn’t spy on them.” Irene hissed, her eyes closely observing Sooyoung.

She hadn’t known that the girl was playing basketball, she didn’t seem like the type of girl to play sports, or like them. Not really.

“Oh it’s alright, they won’t notice us. Let’s just watch their practice.”

Irene frowned at the excitement in Seulgi’s voice. She sounded way too delighted for Irene’s taste.

“Fine. If we get in trouble I’ll blame it on you.”

And Seulgi had shot her a look of disbelief. “We’re teachers Irene. Teachers.”

Any retort Irene could have come up with, was prevented by Joy’s loud announcement.

 

-

 

“Okay, the 90 minutes are up, take a five minutes break and prepare for the game.” She announced loudly, while she and Amber put everything aside and cleared the hall.

Five minutes later both teams were standing in front of each other, all in a straight line.

“Okay, you know your positions. Yeri, I want you to be the team’s captain for this game. Are you okay with it?”

It wasn’t a question, Yeri knew this. Joy had demanded her to be the captain, there was no way for her to say no. At least not with that commanding glint in the captain’s eyes.

“Yes.” The first year said, although her voice cracked at the end, resulting in Joy placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder and giving her a warm smile.

“You’ll do fine. Be confident.”

She gave Yeri’s shoulder one last light punch, before turning around and walking to her position.

“Okay, you guys try to play defensive, while we’ll be as offensive as possible. If everyone’s ready we can begin the game.”

Sulli and Erin stood in the center facing each other, both ready to get the ball. And Joy really didn’t know who was going to get the ball, sure Erin had the height advantage, but Sulli’s jumping power was no joke…

The referee threw the ball and Erin was the fastest to react, she jumped, passed the ball to their side of the court to Bora, who cautiously advanced in the field.

Nearly as soon as she had crossed the middle line, Amber had already moved to cover her and thus had Bora try a few rush movements in order to destabilize her.

She faked moving forward, causing Amber to move to her left, but then passed the ball Bomi, who stood about two inches from the Three-point line.

Bomi didn’t even think twice before she ran up to the side of the restricted area and jumped to lay the ball in the rim. The ball rolled along the rim for one turn, before it fell through the hoop.

The girls cheered, while Moonbyul snatched the ball and moved up to the other side of the field, had barely passed the Three-point line, when Erin and Bora blocked her, forcing the power forward to pass the ball to Junghwa, who stood outside the Three-point line.

Junghwa just smirked, jumped and threw the ball, which flew right through the hoop, securing Joy’s team three points and setting them one point ahead of Yeri’s team.

Soon the game took a way faster pace and both centers had an awful lot of blocking to do, even though Erin played more defensive and even prevented a few dunks.

Joy had been a little distant during the game, as she had focused on observing the teams and coordination. Every now and then she would step in – when she deemed it necessary – and help her members out.

Amber and Moonbyul were playing very fast and most of the time, they teamed up. Amber would usually lead the ball into the Three-point line and then when she was blocked by too many players, she’d pass it to Moonbyul, who was by now near enough the basket.

Junghwa mostly stayed outside the Three-point line, far enough from opponent players to be able to score freely, but still close to the line. Her accuracy hardly wavered throughout the game and out of fifteen shots, she got twelve.

Sulli had played very offensive as well, she was often near the restricted area and had dunked the ball about three times. The rest of the time she had laid them into the rim, or was a little further away from all the commotion.

The other team had done a remarkable job as well.

Yeri had done an excellent job at leading the team and she was fast to react to unexpected situations.

Erin had blocked nearly all of the dunks and overall done a great job at defending the basket.

Sohyun had just like Junghwa stayed outside the Three-point line and blocked Junghwa whenever the girl tried to go for a three pointer.

Bora had acted as all-rounder, helping Yeri, as well as handling the ball like an expert and showing a surprising rapidity and accuracy.

Bomi had been…well Bomi. Although Joy had to admit that the girl had probably been the best defender during this game. She had (like always) rushed into different situations without thinking, but it was exactly what took her opponents aback and allowed her to steal the ball.

If Joy was to describe her, she’d probably say that Bomi had been like a whirlwind.

“Good job, you guys were amazing!” Joy shouted at the end of the game. The defending team had won with a one point talk.

“Try to do the pep talk.” Joy whispered to Yeri, as the taller girl turned around and lifted the collar of her jersey to wipe the sweat that had formed on her forehead away.

 

-

 

Seulgi and Irene had watched the game paying the outmost attention. They were in awe at how good both teams were. Especially Sooyoung.

“They still didn’t notice us…” Irene mumbled, but Seulgi caught on it and she was surprised that her friend almost sounded sad.

“Well it’s better this way. Oh look they’re done.”

The score was now 43 to 44 and both teams stood there panting, until Sooyoung called them to the center of the field.

“Good job, you guys were amazing.” The captain said, then turned towards one of the first years both teachers recognized as Kim Yerim.

“They were really ama-” The rest of Seulgi’s sentence died on her tongue, when they saw how Sooyoung turned around, her body facing the stands and her gaze focused on the clock on the wall next to the entrance.

Seulgi and Irene both felt heat rise to their cheeks, as they stared at the teenager’s abs and the sweat running down the taut skin.

Who had known that the basketball players were this in shape? Certainly not them.

“I think, I think it’s best if we, if we head out now.” Seulgi hissed under her breath, tugging on Irene’s sleeve, who looked a little dazed.

They had just stood up, when Joy noticed them.

“Oh, Miss Kang, Miss Bae!” The basketball captain called, waving them to the court.

Both teachers shared a look of slight discomfort, then walked towards the students.

“Did you watch us?” Yeri asked with a frown, although she sounded more curious than angered.

Seulgi and Irene nodded silently, embarrassment written all over their faces.

“Yes.” The taller of the two teachers answered. “Since a little before the game.”

Joy looked at her team and dismissed them with a nod towards the changing rooms. “Go hit the shower guys, come back once you’re done. We’ll talk about the game then.”

The girls nodded, before they discarded, leaving their captain alone with her teachers.

“So, what brings you here?”  Joy asked with a soft smile. And Seulgi and Irene are both relieved that the captain wasn’t somehow mad at them.

“We walked past the gym when we heard noises and we were curious, therefore we checked it out. And then we just kinda watched your practice.” Irene explained, slightly rocking back and forth.

“I see. Well, how did we do? Miss Kang?” Joy asked, and the grin on her face could nearly be labeled as smirk. Needless to say that she was confident.

Seulgi faked coughed. “You were really amazing. I ignored how fit you guys are.”

“Fit?”

. Seulgi cursed herself. The image of Joy’s abs was still imprinted in her head and she had a hard time thinking about anything else.

“Eh yeah… I mean you ran and jumped quite a lot…”

Sooyoung seemed to buy her excuse. She didn’t reply though. All she did was shrug.

“Well, we have to go. We’ll see you in class.” Seulgi said, when the first of Sooyoung’s team members came out of the shower.

Joy nodded and bowed at her teacher. “Goodbye.” She smiled innocently.

When the two teachers where outside, Sulli, Yeri and Amber, who were the first to get out, looked at Joy in confusion.

“What’s with that smirk Sootan?” Amber asked, suddenly a little worried for her teachers.

“I just got a nice idea, that’s all.” 

Sulli laughed. “As long as you don’t torture them like you torture us, then it’s okay.”

“Say one more word and you’ll be running laps with the Cheerleaders tomorrow morning. You, out of all persons should know how many laps they run. They have quite the stamina…”

And all the center did was look at her captain, frightened.

 

-

 

The days until Friday passed quickly and without anything special happening.

The basketball team trained harder than ever, resulting to a boost of confidence regarding the upcoming game.

In class Joy payed attention, although sometimes she would tease Irene and Seulgi with tricky questions, intense (charismatic) stares and sly smirks. Other than that, it was a regular week.

 

Yeri was walking around in circles, trying hard to somehow ease the nervousness inside her.  Junghwa and Sohyun were both going over their shooting forms, Sulli was texting someone (probably Krystal) and Bomi and Moonbyul were both doing push-ups.

The only calm ones were Erin, Bora and Amber.

“Guys we still have one hour before the warm-up, why are you already nervous?” Bora asked, running her hand through her hair, as she checked her phone.

“We can’t help it. We just really want to win. What are you waiting for?” Yeri answered, at last stopping her circle walk.

“Besides for Joy to show up, I’m waiting for Hyorin to tell me that they’re here.”

The brunette immediately regretted saying this, when Erin and Amber exchanged devilish glances, before singing: “Bora and Hyorin, sitting on a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G~”

The power forward just growled at them, muttered some incoherent words and then fake coughed. “Anyways, where’s the captain?”

Since no one knew where the hell the girl had disappeared to, Amber volunteered to go search her.

Although she already had an idea about where the girl was…

 

-

 

“Irene seonsaengnim you’re not supposed to be wanting this…” Joy slurred, her teacher trapped between her and the lockers, hands pinned together over her head.

“I, I don’t…” The teacher stuttered, her cheeks undeniably red at the close proximity of their bodies.

“Oh, so you weren’t fantasizing about kissing me earlier? I must have been mistaken when I saw you your lips, while staring at mine…” The basketball captain teased, her lips dangerously close to Irene’s ear.

The older one didn’t reply, she wasn’t able to. The feeling of Joy’s body pressed against hers made her feel dizzy. In a good way.

Joy took the silence as a prompt to continue. “Well it doesn’t matter now, does it?”

Her lips pressed against Irene’s, making the older one gasp. Joy used her teacher’s moment of surprise to slide her tongue through Irene’s parted lips. Soon their tongues were involved in a battle of dominance, dancing around each other.

Feeling bold, Joy let go of Irene’s hands, who instantly laced her arms around the student’s neck, while Joy grabbed Irene’s , pulling her lower body closer to her own. They had been inside this locker room for about half and hour now, passionatly making out and Joy had no intentions of stopping.

Well, they would have continued, if it wasn’t for the knock on the door.

“Joy, the team kinda needs you.” They heard Amber say from the other side and Joy was forever thankful that the girl hadn’t opened the door.

“Sure, be out in a sec.”

She said, never breaking eye contact with Irene, whose pupils dilated when she heard how low Joy’s voice was.

“I’m leaving first, wait a little before you get out okay?”

All the teacher could do was nod her head, biting her lip to stifle a moan, when Joy pushed a leg between her thighs.

“You’ll see me on the court.” The black haired girl said with a grin, pressed a soft kiss on Irene’s lips then left the room, leaving the adult all by herself to figure out what had just happened.

 

-

 

Irene was quite dazed when she sat down next to Seulgi, her hair was a little disheveled and her cheeks were lightly red.

“Are you okay?” Seulgi asked concerned.

Irene just nodded, her gaze was trained on the players on the court, Sooyoung, more specifically.

Irene’s answer, or lack thereof, made Seulgi frown. Whatever happened must have been important in order for Irene to be destabilized like this. And when she followed the older teacher’s gaze, she understood.

And she didn’t like it. Not one bit.

“Bae Joohyun.” She growled, getting her best friend’s attention, as the woman immediately turned to face her.

“What’s wrong Seul?”

But the younger one didn’t answer, instead she dragged her out of the hall, into a storage room, where no one could overhear them.

“Don’t ‘what’s wrong’ me. What did you do?” She hissed, pointing at Irene’s swollen lips and disheveled hair.

A sudden heat rose to the other woman’s cheek. “N-nothing.”

“We made out.” She quickly added, when seeing the glare that Seulgi had directed at her.

“You’re making out with students now? Wow.”

Irene was confused (and a little hurt) at the sass in her friend’s voice. “What’s the problem?”

“I thought I had made myself clear that I wanted her.” Seulgi’s voice was a little softer now and Irene widened her eye in realization.

“That’s why you wanted to go to the game and why you insisted on watching them practice. You wanted to see Joy.”

“Joy? You’re already on a nickname basis now?”

A sudden wave of confidence rushed over Irene and she smirked at her best friend.

“Seems so. Well if you want her, you better make a move, or else I’ll have all of her attention. Now let’s go they’re the game is starting soon and I don’t want to miss it.”

 

-

 

The game had turned out well. They had won 53 to 50 with Junghwa making a three-pointer in the last seconds and thus leading them to victory. Needless to say that Joy was proud of her team.

The sudden team change had taken YG by surprise, but they had a really impeccable defense and breaking through them was a lot harder than they expected.

But in the end they had managed to win, thanks to their amazing team work and fast and precise ball handling. They had decided to meet up in a karaoke bar near their school to celebrate this evening, seeing as most of them just wanted to go home, shower and sleep.

After their victory, they had talked with the home team and then packed their stuff and left back to school, Joy being the only one who had stayed behind to shower at school.

She liked showering at school and she didn’t really want to go home just yet, her parents weren’t at home anyway.

Footsteps interrupted her from her reverie. “Who’s there?” She asked, her voice unwavering.

The footsteps grew louder and the door to the locker room opened, revealing her teacher.

“Miss Kang.” Joy said surprised, still sitting on the bench between the lockers and shower stalls. “How can I help you?”

A smirk showed on the older woman’s face, but she didn’t answer her student’s question.

“Did you expect someone else?” She asked instead. “Miss Bae perhaps?”

Joy looked perplexed. And why not? Her teacher had just told her (indirectly) that she knew about the make-out session that had occurred with Irene in YG High.

“Irene told you?”

Seulgi’s eyebrows went up. “Irene? You went so far, huh?”

It was Joy’s turn to smirk. She recognized that look of jealousy.

Erin wore it whenever someone was flirting with Hyuna, Moonbyul wore it whenever some guy approached Solar, Bomi wore it whenever Eunji decided to show that breathtaking eye-smile to other people.  Junghwa wore it whenever Solji followed some person with her eyes, because their backside was attractive.

Seulgi wore it right now.

Seonsaengnim, are you jealous?”

The blush on Seulgi’s cheeks had given her away.

“Is it because I call her Irene or is it because we made out?”

It had happened too fast for Joy to comprehend. Suddenly she was pinned against the lockers, both arms above her head, held down by Seulgi’s hands on her wrists.

Their bodies were pressed together and their tongues were dancing around each other, teeth occasionally clashing.

“Both.” The older one growled when she pulled away, both panting.

“I haven’t showered yet.” Was the only thing Joy said, when she felt Seulgi’s hand creep under her jersey, to run over her abs.

“I don’t care. You look hot in that jersey.”

Joy smirked, her teeth tugging on Seulgi’s bottom lip. “What? You want me to you senseless against the lockers? Wearing that jersey?”

All Seulgi could do was moan, crashing her lips once again into Joy’s, who smirked into the kiss and turned them around, Seulgi now trapped between the locker and her student.

“Don’t hold back Sseul, we’re alone here.” Was all Joy said before she pulled Seulgi into another French kiss, one hand already under her teacher’s shirt, palming the nicely shaped abs.

-

“You got laid?” Was the first thing Irene asked Seulgi, when she walked into the shorter girl’s apartment.

 “Yes. How did you know?” Seulgi was a little taken aback. She had, after all, put concealer on every (visible) hickey Joy had given her.

“You look relaxed, happy.”

“I am.”

She knew that Irene wanted to know what had happened, but there was no way she could tell her. Not when Irene was herself interested in Joy.

They lounged around the whole day, watching TV, playing card and board games and telling stupid jokes. It’s only in the evening that they decided to head out, go to some karaoke bar.

“We can go to the one next to school.” Irene suggested when they entered her car.

“After School Club?”

“Yeah this one.”

“Sure.”

They drove in silence, for about ten minutes until they arrived.

Today was Saturday, meaning it wasn’t as busy as on other days. Most students went on Fridays or during the day. They walked through the hallway where all the booths were, when they spotted a familiar figure.

“Joy.” They both called at the same time, when they had recognized the basketball captain.

“Oh Irene, Seugli, hi.” Joy smiled once they were all face to face.

Irene merely raised an eyebrow at the fact that Joy had called them by their names instead of calling them 'Miss‘Kang’ and ‘Miss Bae’.

“What are you doing here?” She asked, a little surprised.

“Karaoke. Obviously.” Irene shook her head at Joy’s disbelief. As if teachers didn’t know how to have fun.

Joy’s eyes lit up at the mention of karaoke. “You could join us!”

Seulgi frowned. “Us?”

“Me and my friends. It would awesome!” They didn’t know why Joy was this excited, but it was a cute sight.

Irene shook her head, as much as she wanted to, they were teachers, they couldn’t just party with their students.

“We can’t. You’re our students and we’re your teachers.” Seulgi spoked Irene’s thoughts out loud and somehow it set of a defiant glint in Joy’s eyes.

“Oh really? Because you didn’t seem to mind me being your student when I ed you senselessly.” Her tone was provoking and not once did she break the eye contact with Seulgi.

“You ed her?” Irene repeated, her eyes wide open as she stared at her best friend in disbelief.

“No, I ed her. She begged.”

Irene felt like a hand was squeezing her heart. She was jealous. “Really?” She half-whispered.

Joy seemed nonchalant, maybe even proud. “Yeah. And I enjoyed it. I’d love to repeat this.”

She grabbed Seulgi by the collar and pulled her closer, their lips nearly touching and both hands on Seulgi’s hips, keeping her in place, Joy asked in a sultry voice:

“How about we repeat this, Sseul?”

Blinded by sheer jealousy, Irene yanked Seulgi from Joy’s hold. “We’re going home.” She hissed, dragging her friend away, to her car.

“You ed her!” Irene spat as soon as she entered her apartment, Seulgi trailing behind her, scared at her outburst.

“She ed me.” She mumbled, yet Irene still heard her.

“You let her you. That’s even worse!” Irene growled, took a pillow and threw it at Seulgi. Anger and jealousy burning in her eyes.

“Don’t act like this! You made out with her as well. And if Amber hadn’t stopped you, you would have gone further.” Seulgi shouted, throwing the pillow right back at Irene.

“Okay, you know what, we both have two months to make her fall for one of us. Or at least interested enough to date.”

Seulgi glared at the shorter woman. “Just so you know, I won’t hold back. And by all means, I’ll make her mine.”

 

-

 

“You need to do something.” Yeri sighed as she sat down in front of her best friend.

Joy sighed, she had never wanted this to turn out like, well, this. She hadn’t planned to get emotionally involved either. Both of them were supposed to be a nice temporary . Nothing more.

And yet there she was, feeling butterflies in her stomach every time Miss Kang smiled at her or feeling her heart quench every time Miss Bae would laugh.

No. This was never supposed to happen.

“It’s been two months, you should decide for one of them. I doubt that they’d want to start a polyromantic relationship.” Yeri said, her eyes not leaving her magazine.  

Joy shook her head. “I doubt it too. And I doubt that I could be in such a relationship as well.”

That was all it took for Yeri to look up. “You know who you like more.” She stated with a grin.

Joy shook her head. “I know who I love.”

Yeri had to admit that she was taken aback. Ever since she knew Joy (since they were both very small mini humans), she had disliked the idea of love. She was a playgirl, or according to society’s double standard, a .

Commitment scared her, she claimed, it was meaningless. And yet she sat here, in Yeri’s room, telling her that she was in love with one of her teachers. Oh how ironic.

“Who.”

It wasn’t even a question, it was more like an order. A demand.

“I. Seulgi. Miss Kang.”

Yeri arched her eyebrows, waiting for a further explanation.

“Ever since I enrolled in this school, I had a crush on her, although it was only lust. At least until this year.”

Joy sighed, she knew Seulgi liked her too, the woman had made this pretty clear in the past two month, heck they even went on a date.

One that she didn’t grant Irene and the look on the woman’s face after being rejected had broken her heart.

“You should tell them. It would save both of them a lot of pain. You as well.” Yeri said, handing the girl her cellphone.

Joy just nodded, wordlessly taking the phone and dialed Seulgi’s number.

“Seulgi?” She asked when the older woman answered the phone. “We need to speak.”

 

-

 

“That’s how it ends then?” It was a rhetorical question, still Joy couldn’t help but to apologize. Irene’s eyes were glassy, she looked like she would start crying any moment.

“I’m sorry Irene, but I just, this is not fair to either of you.” Her head hung low and she couldn’t bear to look her teacher in the eye.

They were in Irene’s apartment, Joy had never been here, but she felt comfortable. Both of them were seated on the couch, a little distance between them.

“You know, I’m actually happy for Seulgi, I mean I don’t love you. Yet.”

Joy looked up, a little surprised, but she stayed silent and waited for the woman to continue.

“I was crushing on you. I still am, but Seulgi loves you. It would have hurt her more than it hurt me.”

A look of guilt flashed over Joy’s face. “I’m sorry I played you.”

“No, it’s life, sometimes happens.”

A chuckle escaped Joy’s lips when she heard her teacher swear. “Irene unnie, I thought you didn’t swear.”

Irene just winked at her. “I guess you rubbed off on me.”

And they both broke out into fits of laughter at the dirty reference. Their session however was cut short.

“What’s going on?” A confused Seulgi stood in the doorway, the spare key of Irene’s apartment in her hand. “Joy, why are you here?”

The waver in her voice was clearly audible and if it wasn’t for Irene, Joy would have started panicking.

“We just, talked.” She said, showing a sad smile. “Why are you here?”

Seulgi shrugged. “I wanted to apologize for my behavior towards you these past two months.”

Irene shook her head, she herself hadn’t been on her best behavior either. “No it’s fine, I wasn’t any better. But I think you should go. Both of you.”

Irene was looking at Joy, mouthing ‘tell her’ when Seulgi wasn’t watching.

The student just nodded and took Seulgi’s hand in hers, intertwining their fingers as she walked towards the door, leaving the apartment.

And it was only when the door was closed and the two girls were long gone, that Irene allowed the tears to flow. Oh how easy it was to have your heart broken. Even by a mere student.

 

-

 

It was kind of ironic, Joy thought. Frist she was in Irene’s apartment, now she was in Seulgi’s, sitting next to the older girl on the couch.

Only this time she didn’t know what she was doing here.

“Do you want coffee?”

Joy simply shook her head. She hated coffee. It was too bitter for her taste.

“Seulgi, you look tense.” It was a simple statement and yet Seulgi seemed to tense even more.

“Why were you in Irene’s apartment?”

Joy didn’t like the uncertainty in Seulgi’s voice, the longing look in her eyes.

“I talked to her about those past two months.”

Seulgi sighed, as if she was bracing herself for what was coming next.

“I told her I couldn’t be with her. And I apologized for playing her.”

When Joy finally, after a few minutes, looked up, she was met with a scared gaze. She had never seen Seulgi look scared.

“I love you.” She blurted out and then they both remained silent for a good five minutes.

“You…love me?” Seulgi asked once the realization hit her.

“Yes.”

Tears rolled down Seulgi’s face, as she cupped Joy’s cheeks with her hands.

“I love you too.” She smiled, a genuine hear-warming smile and then their lips collided in a soft and passionate, love filled kiss.

 


 

Irene, Bae Joohyun, Cabbage my wife. I'm sorry for breaking your heart.
But I really liked JoyGi, like both were dominant, yet Seulgi was also careful - okay whatever.
Ji, I hope you like this. I do. I liked Seulgi

Uh, idk what to say.
The  'you ed her?' 'No, I ed her. She begged' is my fav moment in the OS
Also I love Yeri. Squirtle my bby <3 
Also. This is probs the only OS where I have no idea why it's named like this
(when I fall in love I fall down the rabbit hole)