Second Letter

The 11th Letter

"You seemed down today Seolhyun-ah. Cheer up! And smile even a little bit. I would like to go out with you and bring back the smile to your face but I guess no today. Maybe in the near future eh? *wink* Take care on your way home then." -XOXO

​It was the second letter Woohyun had sent her. The act may not be something foreign to him now but the feeling is still the same. The feel of his pulse ringing against his ears, his body shaking subtly- they are still there but only today a certain hope arise from him. A faint hope that she will hold his letter gently-like a treasure and not crumple it up so easily like she did the last time.

He had been stalking Seolhyun for days now and he can conclude that her life is an utter routine. She'll come to school 30 minutes before bell, read her notes in her classroom, eat what he supposed is her breakfast, wait until her classmates and homeroom teacher arrive then spend her vacant hours with Hoya. 

Woohyun has gotten in trouble of waking up earlier than usual (making him feel like a walking dead), passing through their common hallway back and front (earning him looks from the early birds) and being assigned as his class' very own gardener (blame his notable early school time and the punishment from accidentally breaking his seosaengnim's vase) from this stalking thing he was doing. He's tired, yes, but seeing Seolhyun smile relaxes him and that’s enough compensation already.

Only that particular day, Woohyun noticed something wrong with her. She still arrived early in school, still ate her breakfast in her room but she didn't spend her time with Hoya.

Oddly enough, he'd seen Hoya lurking in the school grounds, maybe to secretly meet his mistress. Woohyun sighed. If not only to leave a bad impression to Seolhyun he might have hit Hoya. But it would be weird, of course, most especially if he is not really acquainted with the guy.

 He really felt helpless at the moment, he wants her happy but how if he's not the reasons for her it.

 Woohyun doesn’t have any clue so he just grabbed his pen and started scribbling anything that came up in his mind. I hope this will make her feel better, he thought as he silently enclose his thoughts into words. He went over her locker and pinned the letter in it securely, making sure that she'll see it. He closed the lid, grabbed his bag then turned away to go home.

 

Meanwhile, Seolhyun, who was walking towards her locker suddenly stopped. A man was standing in front of her locker. Her breathing suddenly hitched and her mind felt blank but she's still able to hide herself out of reflex. She hates strangers. She has always been afraid of them.

She peeked curiously at the guy. He was taller than her, she supposed.

Unfortunately his height is the only thing that she can actually see mainly because she forgot her glasses inside her locker.

The man closed her locker and Seolhyun felt relieved. She watched his back dissolve into the faint light of afternoon, wondering about his identity.

Another letter. 

She read it and a smile crept into her face. 

Atleast, someone's out there for me, Seolhyun thought.

She carefully took the letter and inserted it in the portion of her bag where it has joined the first letter she received from the anonymous.