Awake, finally

The 11th Letter

[This rant goes for iKON/Red Velvet/LOVELYZ/CNBLUE/SUNGYEOL for ruining my life altogether in one week. No words can encapsulate all the feels tugging at my heart. I love you aaaaaalllll! TTTT And iKON, I've waited [cuz you said wait for me LMAAOOOOOO ] long time no see!  WELCOME BACK! IKON IS DEFINITELY MY TYPE! SINOSIJAKKKKK!}

[AND CONGRATS YEOL FOR D-DAY! I'LL WATCH IT FOR YOU AND YOUNG KWANG!]

 

 

 

Tiny knocks awakened the wide-awake Seolhyun. It was December 30 and the chill of the Christmas season bidding good-bye slowly crept up onto her skin. It's been two days since Woohyun's last phone call or even Hoya's. She never returned any of her voicemails. Instead, she kept herself locked up in the four corners of her cramped room, hoping to find solace beneath its eerie silence.

 

Of course, she didn't find the comfort she's hunting for.

 

Even though in her private space, Woohyun's face kept popping out of nowhere. She remembered the first and last time he spent there, the scene kept replaying in her mind like a broken disc. Only she finds it annoying and comforting at the same time.

 

She wasn’t angry anymore or better yet, she wasn't even angry at the very first place. She's hurt, yes, but she can never set herself to resent someone she cares for.

 

The treachery she experienced just made her realize of certain truths and one of them is how special is Nam Woohyun. He is someone she treasures so much and the idea of losing him constricts her heart tightly, shutting her breath down - it feels like drowning.

 

She stood up from the floor where she laid all day (and night) just staring back at the glaring white ceiling trying to figure out things that were out of ordinary.

 

She tried to convince herself to forget her dream of being an idol but the idea is too lonesome for her. She cannot fathom the sadness so she diverted her mind on things that never really mattered.

 

Seolhyun pushed the door ajar and Narra came busting in. She entered with her bright eyes and smile that ate her whole face, carrying a tray full of her breakfast.

 

"Unnie! Good Morning!"

 

Seolhyun watched her little sister as she wander through her entire space. She rested the tray on her bedside table, tied her curtains in a bow, dusted her bed sheets and vacuum her way out.

 

Their mother's gone away again though she made it clear that she is unhappy to leave her daughters with Seolhyun reversing back to her depressed state. Maybe that's why Narra is acting matured. She's in pain but showing it will only worsen her sister’s state. She loves her too much to even imagine her stuffing herself up in the dark again, looming over her swarm of dark thoughts and ideals of death and time. Being confined in the hospital and missing her important competition turned Seolhyun into that once and she's afraid that knowing the bigger truth will drive into her worst figure.

 

Narra just hopes that everything she does makes her sister’s load a little bit lighter.

 

"Narra, we need to talk."

 

Seolhyun's voice was gentle but firm. Like her very tone imposes what is the reason for the conversation: the truth.

 

Once and for all, she wants to discern why everyone broke her trust.

 

The younger sister stand up straight and sat nervously on her bed. Seolhyun watched the bed's neat lines creased over her action. She took the space beside her.

 

"You know what I want to hear. Why did you do that?"

 

Silence clouded over them. Narra was staring blankly ahead while her sister's sight darted at her.

 

"It's because I don't want to lose you again Unnie."

 

Seolhyn's expression dissolved from blank into shocked into soft and gentle. The very sentence of her dongsaeng made her body shook.

 

"Do you remember when you missed your competition and needed to stay in the hospital for days?  I know you're faking every smile you gave me then. You're hurt physically and emotionally but you're trying to conceal it so I won’t get worried. You made such effort so I reversibly, hid my sadness too, I thought then that maybe it will help you to overcome such circumstance. I'm so proud of you Unnie, are you aware of that? I'm so glad that I am your sister because your pretty, smart and a cheerleader. You're everyone's friend. So when you became a stranger after knowing that Jinhee unnie replaced you and you need to be on hiatus so you can relax while healing, I-I I don't know. I don't know what to think anymore. What to do anymore. You distanced yourself from everyone, you fought with Jinhee unnie which never happened before, you’re easily tempered about everything and you’re just mad most of the time. It pained me so much to see you like that. So when the doctor called me out to break the news, the same day when you suddenly came back from your grievous state to my old Unnie; I have no idea how will I break it out to you. I cowered and buried it so I would never see the strange Seolhyun again. So Unnie-"

 

Narra let out her tears this time and the latter caressed her hair gently.

Seolhyun was finally awake from her depression.

She hugged her younger sister tight.

 

"Thank you Narra, thank you for staying."