One step closer

I love you, Agasshi.. but..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Preview..

“ I love you, Agasshi.." He tightened his hands. Her hands were trembling in his hands. Sometime they just looked at each other. It seems like a lot of things they want to say, but they chose to silent.

"How was your feeling to me, agasshi? I want everything to be clear. If you don’t love me, I’ll stay away from you." He is really waiting for her answer. But she can’t answer his question, too hard for her to say her feeling.

'Ottoke .. Oh god, what’s going on?? What should I say to him? He loves me!! Why this happened after I decided to get engaged with Minhyuk? Oh God, give me a hint, I beg you.' Joohyun feels the hardest dilemma in her life.

Chapter 8

"Agasshi.. I'm waiting for your answer." Yonghwa is staring Joohyun’s face. His eyes look like begging to her. She can’t look his eyes any longer, she feels so nervous.

The sun is getting down. The sky was getting dark. The beach looked quite. On top of the bridge there were only two couples who still enjoys the sky was getting dark but still there’s orange light from the sunset, so beautiful.

He’s waiting for her answer patiently. Mean while she was just silent without any word. She lowered her head, but Yonghwa seems like doesn’t tired to staring her face and he still holds her hands even more tightly.

She was thinking so hard what the answer she should give to him, so many considerations in her mind. She doesn’t want to regret her decision. Minhyuk was the first consideration in her mind, after Yonghwa said love to her. Minhyuk who’s makes her think many times before giving an answer to Yonghwa.

'God.. What should I say to him? Help me..' She feels more confused.

He’s really sure that she also loves him. The conversation between her and Nari that night in Jeju makes him very confident. But he also knows that there’s a prop inside her heart. He knows she wasn’t easy to give an answer when she would be engaged to another man two weeks later. Suddenly he feels guilty for making her feels confused. He realized that the time wasn’t right to say the feelings between them.

"Agasshi.. I know that you can’t give the answer right now."

"Give me the time. I need some time." She pulled her hand from his grip and he let her hands.

"Don’t be too long. I need your answer as soon as possible, Agasshi. I don’t want to guess how your feel continously."

"I’ll answer before we go back to Seoul. I promise." She smiled. She tried to smile to him. Because she saw his face looks frustrated.

"I'll be waiting for your answer." He smiled back to her.

'Jung Yonghwa.. Thank you because you have told me your feeling. But the situation is not right. How is about my engagement?' Joohyun looks so confuse, she glanced at the sky that was dark.

They’re seen going back to their own world. They’re buried in their own reverie. They just saw the dark sky. She was immersed in feeling upset because she didn’t say her feeling actually, mean while he was immersed in curiosity, he wanted to know her answer as soon as possible but he didn’t want to force her.

Ringing of the phone interrupted their reverie. She takes a few seconds to realize that her phone is ringing. She takes her phone inside her purse. They saw the name on her phone screen.

Nari calling..

"Ne, Nari-yah..." She picked up the call from her assistant.

"I'm at the beach."

"I'm not alone, I'm with Jung Yonghwa-sshi."

"Ne.. I’ll be back to the resort."

Then she hung up. She saw Yonghwa’s face whose was looking at her face since she spoke with Nari. She feels not has the strength to stare his eyes. Especially after he said he loves her. Like there’s a strange feeling inside her heart. But now she was happy to be near with him, her heart is beating so fast and her lips seems unable to stop to smile. She felt like a teenager who first fall in love.

"Do Nari looking for you?"

"Ne.. She panicked because I wasn’t in my room. She was afraid I was lost because it's the first time I went to Busan." She chuckled. Yonghwa is happy to see her laugh. It's the first time he saw her cheerful face.

They walked side by side, their hands occasionally seen touch each other inadvertently toward the stairs at the bridge. Only two of them are still on the bridge. The sky is getting dark and the waves rolled many times. The wind also blows hard so make her blond hair a mess.

"This is the first time you went to Busan?"

"Ne.. not many places I visit when I lived in Korea. I spent my time just in Seoul, I've gone and lived in Manhattan when I was 17." She’s walking while her head down, like seeing her steps one by one.

"You've lived alone in Manhattan at 17?? So young.." He shocked, he can’t believe it. He turned his head and saw her face who walking beside him.

"No, I live with my aunt in Manhattan, but only two years.  She had to go back to Seoul. Since she returned to Seoul, I actually live alone in Manhattan."

"We’re really different. The moment you enjoy with a well-known brand stores in one of the busiest city in the world, mean while I'm just played on the beach and watched the sunset everyday when we were young." He chuckled. But inside his heart there’s a sad feeling, he realized that he and her are different.

"You're lucky, Jung Yonghwa-sshi, because you were born and raised in this beautiful place. I liked the beach and the sunset. My dream is to have my own home at the beach, so I can see the sunrise and the sunset everyday." She stopped. She bent to see her shoes because the heels pierced into the sand.

"Are you okay?" He also stopped his steps.

"It’s okay. Wearing high heels to the beach is a stupid idea. Let me get this shoe off." She laughed. His heart like get flush the cold water when see her laugh. It was first time she’s laughing in front of him. Make his heart was cool.

"Is it okay if you walk barefoot? We’re still quite far to get at the resort." He looks worried.

"It’s okay. It would be worse if I wear this shoe any longer." She took off her high heels, and she is carrying her shoe and continued her step. He didn’t bear if she walks barefoot to reach the resort.

"Wait, agasshi..!" He grabbed her wrist and makes her stopped.

"What?" She turned her body.

He crouched down to take off his shoes. Fortunately he wears sneakers today. He releases his yellow sneakers.

"Wear this. I can’t let you walk barefoot." He put his shoes on her feet. She surprised to see his attitude to her. This is the first time there was a man who willingly gives his shoes for her. She was touched.

"No need. I’m fine. If I wear your shoes, you’re going to walk barefoot." She refused.

"I’m usually barefoot on the beach. No problem. Wear my shoes." He kneels before her. He put his shoes on her feet. Even he tied the shoelaces for her. Mean while Joohyun just silent, she feels like a little girl. She was so moved.

"Is it comfortable?" Yonghwa raised his head to see her face

"Ne… but feel loose on my feet a bit, but it’s okay." She smiled.

He stood up and smiled at her. Then they continue their steps. He offered to bring her shoes and she agreed. He’s walking by carrying her shoes in his right hand. She walks at the left side of him.

'I wish you had given me an answer, surely now I've been able to hold your hand, Seo Joohyun..' He looked at her face. He really wasn’t tired to look at her face.

Then they were silent. They seen just enjoy the waves sound and the rustling sound of strong winds this evening.

"Jung Yonghwa-sshi.." She breaks the silence between them.

"Ne, Agasshi.."

"What makes you love me? Didn’t I've been too cruel to you during this time? I was very nasty to you."

"This is a question that I can’t answer, because I don’t understand why I could love you. All I know for sure, just—I love you, Agasshi.."

"Jung Yonghwa-sshi.. You know that I— I already have a boyfriend, right? I'm going to engaged two weeks later. I don’t want to disappoint him and our family. I— I—“ She said haltingly.

"You don’t have to complete your words. I'm just waiting for your answer clearly. Do you love me? Yes or no. Just it, Agasshi. Don’t answer blurry. I will not bother your life anymore if you don’t love me. But if you love me, I will keep you in the rest of my life."

They were silent again. They’re just silent until arriving at the resort. He’s deliver her to lobby. Nari seen was waiting. Joohyun took off Yonghwa’s shoes and give it to Yonghwa, she wears her high heels again.

He said goodbye to her because he had to visit his father in hospital. He smiled sweetly at her before getting into the cab. She blushed. Nari saw Joohyun’s face redder. She knows that something had happened between Joohyun and Yonghwa.

 

 

"Agasshi, if you want to have dinner now?" Nari approached Joohyun who standing on the balcony of her room. His eyes looked at the beach blankly.

"I just wanted to drink orange juice and eat wheat bread."

"I will prepare for you, agasshi." Then Nari is out of the room.

Joohyun back to her thought. She had only 6 days to give an answer to Yonghwa. She actually knew what her answer. But a lot of considerations that make her should re thinking even think a thousand times. She really felt the turmoil. All decisions are in her hands. She didn’t want to regret.

Her phone is ringing repeatedly. But she is no intention to pick up her phone, but suddenly she ran to her phone. She hopes that that call is from Yonghwa.

Minhyuk calling..

'Ahh… From Minhyuk. I think from Jung Yonghwa-sshi..' She just let her phone keep ringing.

'Oh God, what I’ve done to my fiance? Why I was so cruel to him?'  She is still staring at her phone screen.

"Yoboseo..." In the end she picked up her phone.

"Sorry I was in the bathroom earlier." She lied.

"Ne.. I'm fine. How was your day? Great?" She asked to Minyuk softly.

"Yes, I'm going to sleep now."

"I love you, Hyun. I miss you..." Minhyuk said softly.

She’s just silent. Her tongue like stiffed to answer his words. What was happened today is really make her crazy.

"Ne.. I miss you too." Just these words could come out from .

She didn’t excited to talk with Minhyuk, in contrast when she is being together and talking with Yonghwa. The time was running so fast because she enjoyed every second of togetherness she was with Yonghwa.

She takes her pajama in the suitcase. Then she goes into the bathroom. She wants to flush her head with cold water immediately. Today is truly an exhausting day for her heart and her mind as well, but at the same time today is being a happy day for her.

 

Yonghwa's home

Yonghwa lay down on his bed. He had just arrived from the hospital, fortunately his father’s condition has been slightly improved, but still must be in intensive care in hospital.

He looked at the ceiling, thinking back what he did today. Say love to Joohyun when the sunset on the beach is the craziest thing that he did. Not because this is the first time he says love to a woman. But this time, that woman is the owner’s daughter of the company where he worked, the heir of Seo Group, the largest company in Asia.

He wonders where does the courage comes, obviously he felt like there was a big boost that’s inside him to say love to Joohyun, maybe because he couldn’t hold his feeling to her anymore and felt uncertainty continously.

He got up and sat on the edge of his bed. He glanced around the room. The room is from the past has never changed until now. Even the location of the goods was unchanged, still in the same place. Already a year he didn’t come back to Busan, to the home which so much memories about his childhood.

The photographs with his best friends are still hanging neatly on the wall. Among small frames there’s a large frame, his photo with Seo Jin when high school graduation ceremony. He touched Seo Jin's face on that photo. On that photo seen Seo Jin's face already looked so pale, but that time Yonghwa didn’t know that Seo Jin already felt the pain and her age will not be much longer.

He looked at one by one his photo with Seo Jin which in his room. His eyes filled with tears. He felt regret why he didn’t know her disease from the beginning, so that he could prepare his heart and didn’t feel the pain when Seo Jin died suddenly.

He takes a big box from the kitchen and brought it into his room. He took off one by one Seo Jin’s photos are hanging in his room and then put it all into the big box. Then he walks to his de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter