Should I Say Good Bye?

I love you, Agasshi.. but..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Soundtracks for this chapter

How Do I live by Leann Rimes

LA blue by Joey Mcintyre :)

 

Chapter 10

Four days later is the engagement day. More closer to the D-day, the more her heart feels uneasy. Joohyun couldn’t eat properly and she couldn’t sleep well. She felt compelled to do something. She can’t continue this engagement. Inside her heart and in her mind is just Yonghwa, the man she loves just him. She didn’t want to lie to herself any longer.

Tonight, she decided to talk to her parents, especially her father. She will explain everything. This decision was she thinking carefully. Since she saw Yonghwa and Soojung are at the theater that night, her heart so hurt. She didn’t want to regret in the end. She knows that this conversation will be debate in the end, but she will be ready to deal her father, Mr. Seo.

She walks towards the residence of her parents. She thought the best words while walking on the connecting glass bridge that connects her home to where her parents stay. This time she didn’t ask Nari to accompany her, she wants to face his father herself.

Mr. Seo and Mrs. Seo were seen relaxing in the living room. Mr. Seo seen reading the news via his iPad, while Mr. Seo seen flipping the pages of the magazine which she was holding. Joohyun is inhale and exhale deeply before continuing her pace.

 

"Eomma.. Appa.. There’s something that I want to say to you." Joohyun is standing beside the long golden couch.

"Oh, darling.. Come on.. Sit down." Mrs. Seo saw Joohyun who still standing.

"What’s up? Hyun?" Mr. Seo also asked Joohyun who already seated on the couch.

Joohyun was silent, as if she was arranging her breath and prepare for the best words. Her face looks nervous a bit, but she managed to behave normally in front of her parents.

"Appa—mmhh—I want to cancel my engagement." Joohyun said briefly. She didn’t want preamble. She wants the problem that she has to deal promptly completed. Her words make her father stunned.

"WHAT??? What are you talking about?? Is your mind fine?? What happened??" Mr. Seo really shocked. His eyes widened. His face has changed after hearing what her daughter said. Highly visible he was so angry at his daughter.

"Yeobo.. Listen to her explanation first." Mrs. Seo tried to calm her husband, she rubbed his back gently.

Joohyun as if couldn’t continue her words. Seeing Mr. Seo’s face that looked so annoyed made her scared. She knows very well how her father is. His emotion is easily exploded. Mr. Seo didn’t want anyone who doesn’t follow his commands, he would be so angry if his wishes not achieved. Therefore Joohyun is always followed what her father wanted. For 25 years she lived, want to school in Manhattan was the only her wish that she did, the rest all she did during this time was her father's wishes. Joohyun personality was formed by Mr. Seo, he want his daughter become what he wants.

"Appa.. I don’t love Minhyuk. I love another man." Joohyun said with a trembling voice. She clenched her hands tightly as the reliever her fear and her nervousness.

"What nonsense is this??!! HAH?? You who want to get engaged and married with Minhyuk, it’s your choice, right??! And now you change your mind? Do you think this is an easy problem?? HAH??" Mr. Seo stands because he couldn’t hold back his emotions any longer. This time Mrs. Seo was silent, she felt that Joohyun was wrong.

"At the first is yes. But now I want to cancel this engagement. Appa.. I really don’t love Minhyuk. Please understand me." Finally Joohyun can looks at her father’s face whose was already sat back in front of her. Mr. Seo was silent but so visible he still angry.

"What would people say if you canceled the engagement??!! We already spread invitations to important guests!! The construction project of five new Royal Seoul Hospital also been planned, there are investors who will fund this project. I don’t want to imagine what would happen if you canceled the engagement. You know?? Seo Group will incur a loss. What do you think of that??" Mr. Seo is staring to Joohyun sharply. His face was more flushed than before.

Joohyun was silent to think of what her father said. If Seo Group is incur a loss it will be affect all employees. She really feels that her head wants to burst. She doesn’t know what should her do, what should her choose. Choosing to save Seo Group or choose her love, both are difficult choice.

Silent fulfill their magnificent living room. No one spoke at all. They are just silent. Joohyun’s face looks pale. She felt like giving up to the situation that she faces now and continuing her engagement with Minhyuk but at the same time there’s strength from the bottom of her heart to keep fighting for her love to Yonghwa.

‘Sometimes we must fight for the love, Agasshi.. How difficult the way we should faces, love must still be fought.' Nari’s words always she remembered.

"Who is the man who you love, Darling? And why did you decide to get engaged and married with Minyuk if you don’t love him?" Mrs. Seo asked gently. She rose from her seat and sat next to her daughter.

"I—I decided to marry him just because appa. I didn’t want to disappoint you, appa.. Because I know you would be happy if I marry him, but at last—“

"At last you've disappointed me!!" Mr. Seo shouted.

"Continue your words, darling.." Mrs. Seo Joohyun’s back and stared at her husband's face, as if signalize him to be calmer.

"At last I can’t impose my feelings anymore. I love another man and I don’t want to lose him, Eomma.. appa.. I beg you.. Just this once, please let me choose my own way. Let me live with a man who I love.." Joohyun couldn’t hold back the tears. The tears fell one by one on her smooth cheeks.

"Who’s that man?" Mr. Seo asked Joohyun hardly.

Hearing his voice slightly tense makes Joohyun doesn’t has the courage to answer. She swallowed. Her heart was beating so fast. She knows his anger will be exploded after she called the name of the man who she loves.

"Answer your appa, darling.."

"I love Jung Yonghwa." Joohyun said briefly.

Hearing the answer, Mr. Seo feels his body is burning. He never imagined that Joohyun can love Yonghwa, one of the employees who he was proud of, one of the employees who always satisfy him.

"JUNG YONGHWA??" Mr. Seo saw Joohyun’s face sharply.

"Ne.. Appa.. Jung Yonghwa, one of the employees in Seo Group. I love him. I love him so much." Joohyun is wiping her tears.

"He was just an ordinary employee!! He just wants our money!! He will not give any advantage to Seo Group, to our great company!! Come on, Seo Joohyun, realize it! Don’t be a fool like this!! Are you not able to think clearly?? "Mr. Seo shouted.

"Appa.. Don’t you like him? You say that he’s one of the best employees in Seo Group. Certainly he can change Seo Group to be better, I beg you.. Bless me with him.." Joohyun really frustrated. She stared at her father's face. Highly visible from her face that she was begging.

For the first time Mr. Seo sees Joohyun pleaded with him. Joohyun never be as weak as this in front of him before. During this time she was always look tough however he pressed her to follow what he wants. There’s a feeling doesn’t bear to see his daughter is begging like this.

"Appa.. I beg you, bless me with Yonghwa..." Joohyun is kneeling at her father.

"NEVER!! I’ll never bless your relationship with him, even until I was to be ashes! Engagement still will be held!" Mr. Seo left Joohyun and also his wife who still sitting on the couch. Joohyun bowed her head, her tears flowed freely.

'God.. Should I give up?' Joohyun is sobbing.

Mrs. Seo tried to calm her daughter who’s sobbing. She knows that this problem will be more complicated. But she also can’t do anything. No one could oppose her husband even herself. Living together for 28 years with him making Mrs. Seo understands how her husband’s character. She can’t see her daughter suffering like this but she also can’t do anything to change Mr. Seo’s decision.

 

"Yeobo.." Mrs. Seo approached her husband who sitting on the edge of their bed.

"Why can’t you be softened to deal our daughter? She had done what you wanted all this time. Is it wrong if this time she chose her own way? She was a woman not a girl anymore. She’s entitled to choose the man who she loved and who will live with her forever." Mrs. Seo sat next to her husband. She holds his hand as if to calm him.

"I let her went to Manhattan for 8 years, that's what she wants, right? But for the man who will accompany her forever, I can’t. I can’t let her to choose."

"Yeobo.. Try to think at the side of a father not as the owner of Seo Group. Don’t you want to see your daughter happy?"

"I'm sure she would be happy if married with Minhyuk."

"Yeobo.. Why are you so stubborn?!" Mrs. Seo looks annoyed.

"Go to sleep. It's late." Mr. Seo lay down on the mattress. He tried to close his eyes but his mind still hovering everywhere.

'I have to finish this ridiculous problem! I don’t want my daughter with an ordinary employee who is not profitable for my company that I built painstakingly over half of my age!' For the first time Mr. Seo hated Yonghwa. He regretted why he let Yonghwa close to his daughter during this time.

 

Seo Group

Ringing the phone interrupted Yonghwa’s concentration whose was making monthly reports. He picked up the phone himself because Jungshin and Jonghyun weren’t in the room. He thought that the call is from Mr. Seo, but his guess is wrong, the call from financial director, Mr. Choi Minhwa.

"Ah Yong.. Where are you going?" Jonghyun asked Yonghwa at front door. Jonghyun just came back from the restroom.

"Mr.Choi asked me to come to his room." Yonghwa stops and answer Jonghyun’s question while smoothing the rolls of his sleeves.

"What’s wrong? Beware! He would scold you. He just calls you when he wants to scold you, right?" Jonghyun laughed.

"Take it easy. This time I didn’t make a mistake. Why he has to scold at me?" Yonghwa patted Jonghyun’s back and he walked left Jonghyun who was still standing at the door.

 

Yonghwa was sitting in front of Mr. Choi. Mr. Choi looks still checking the files that should be revised by Yonghwa. A few minutes later, he was handed a blue folder containing the files to Yonghwa.

"Anything else, Mr. Choi?" Yonghwa takes the folder.

"There’s something that I want to tell you." Mr. Choi looks serious.

"What should I revise again?"

"No. It is not that."

"And then?"

"Mr. Seo told me this morning. You will be assigned to ski resort construction project in Switzerland. You will be assigned for 6 months there, and you will leave the day after tomorrow. All your needs there are taken care of by the company. Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter