Acquaintances

Psychological Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

     "Hello. My name is Park Chorong. Please take care of me."

     Bomi could only stare in shock at the sight of the girl that she had met the night before.

     "Looks like we only have that empty desk over there...," the teacher said thoughtfully. Then, he looked over to where Eunji and Bomi were sitting. "Ah! Class President, go sit over at the empty desk. I trust you to sit by yourself. Chorong, you can go sit next to Yoon Bomi over there." Bomi felt panic run through her and she turned to meet eyes frantically with Eunji. Eunji bit her lip nervously. This definitely was not good. Bomi was horrible with new people, especially in close proximity, and if Eunji wasn't there, Bomi would have a hard time concentrating. "Jung Eunji? What are you doing? Don't waste class time please," the teacher said, impatience obvious in his voice. Eunji gulped, let out a frustrated sigh, squeezed Bomi's hand, and then got up, moving to the empty seat next to the window. By now, Bomi felt like she was going to have a panic attack, which could actually happen, but she calmed herself down, breathing heavily.

     "Hi. Yoon Bomi, is it?" A familiar soft voice interrupted Bomi's panicked thoughts, and she squeezed her eyes shut, bit her lip, and then looked up at the girl with a smile.

     "Yeah, hi. You're Park Chorong, right?" Bomi said with a friendly tone. Chorong most definitely had not forgotten about the night before, but seeing the girl in front of her now, she decided to feign ignorance and forget about their odd first meeting. She pulled out the chair and sat down, placing her backpack down beside the desk. As she did so, their legs barely brushed against each other and Bomi shivered slightly, instinctively leaning away from the other. Class started, and Bomi immediately turned her attention to the front of the classroom, listening attentively to the teacher. But, inevitably soon, Bomi's leg began to bounce on its' own accord, her fingers starting to tap restlessly against her textbook. Chorong began to notice the other girl's restlessness and she looked over at Bomi who seemed to be concentrating on the lesson. Chorong tried to ignore it, but the leg bouncing was starting to get excessive and she poked Bomi on her side.

     "Hey can you stop shaking your leg?" Chorong whispered. Bomi hadn't even realized that she had been shaking her leg, and she mentally berated herself.

     "Sorry," she whispered back, a sheepish look on her face. Chorong only nodded in response, and she returned her attention back to the lesson. But it was not long after that Bomi began to bounce her leg again. Chorong shot a glare at Bomi, now thinking that the other was doing that to annoy her, and she elbowed Bomi in the ribs.

     "Seriously? Can you stop?" Chorong hissed out of the corner of . Bomi, startled from the sudden attack, swiveled her head to meet eyes with an obviously annoyed Chorong. Bomi gulped and then dropped her gaze.

     "S-Sorry, I'll stop," she mumbled quietly. Bomi waited until Chorong looked back forward before she turned back to the front. This time, she put both her hands on her legs, putting pressure on them before trying to concentrate. The class only had ten minutes left and Bomi shut her eyes and bit her lip. Staying still like this was driving her crazy. The bell finally rang, and Bomi shot up from her seat and ran out of the classroom like a rocket. Chorong, shocked at Bomi's sudden movement, blinked at the empty seat beside her. There was only a five minute break before the next teacher came in. Where had the girl run off to? Suddenly, someone plopped herself down on Bomi's empty seat.

     "Hey, I have to tell you something about Bomi. My name's Eunji by the way," Eunji said. Eunji, being the good friend that she was, had noticed Bomi's struggle, and she had felt extremely bad. "I'll just get straight to the point. Bomi has ADHD. I'm pretty sure you know what that is. She has a really hard time concentrating and staying still, so I'm going to need you to help me out. She probably went to take her medicine by the way. And I'm not going to hold anything against you cause you didn't know before, but when she starts bouncing her leg, I'm going to need you to put your hand on her leg. Don't poke her and tell her to stop or anything like that. She's not doing it on purpose, so don't get angry at her," Eunji finished. She didn't like to drag out a topic like this, and she was more of the straightforward type anyway. And adding to the fact that Bomi and the teacher would be arriving soon. She looked at Chorong expectantly. Chorong was now feeling extremely guilty for acting out on Bomi earlier, and as the information dawned on her, she spoke.

     "Oh. I didn't know...but is she going to be okay with me touching her?" Chorong asked with an afterthought. Eunji was starting to like the transfer student. She seemed to be quite the simple and straightforward type also.

     "Well...she might be a little surprised at first, but she should be fine. And oh yeah. I would really appreciate it if you would keep it a secret that I told you this," Eunji said, biting her lip. She knew that Bomi was very sensitive about people in general, but this was for both Chorong's and Bomi's own good.

     "Alright. I'll keep that in mind," Chorong said, looking up at Eunji. Eunji smiled. Yup. She definitely liked this Chorong girl. Chorong smiled back as she found it nearly impossible not to return the eye smiling girl's grin. Eunji nodded, and then got up, returning to her seat. Almost as soon as Eunji sat down at her seat, Bomi came in, looking nervous, but a lot calmer than earlier. She carefully got to her seat and sat down, avoiding Chorong's gaze. "Hey, I'm sorry a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter