Stay Away From Me

Psychological Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

     Eunji placed a hand firmly on Bomi's shaking leg underneath their desk, successfully stopping the girl from annoying her so that she could concentrate on the lesson that the teacher was teaching. Bomi looked down at her leg and then made eye contact with Eunji, shooting her an apologetic grin. Eunji smirked and shook her head, retracting her hand from the hyperactive girl's leg. As Bomi was stopped from letting out her excess energy through her leg, she proceeded to do so through her fingers, relentlessly, and thankfully soundlessly. As the class wore on, Bomi began to fidget more and more, and by the time the bell rang, Bomi immediately shot up from her seat , grabbing her backpack, and practically leaped out of the classroom. Eunji bit her lip and then let out an amused snort, collecting her things. She knew how hard it was for her best friend to sit still and pay attention for that long, but as if to make up for her shortcomings, Bomi was very smart. And despite not being able to concentrate for more than half a class, she still managed to be in second place for grades in the school. First, being Eunji.

     "I have to go work at the supermarket today," Bomi said, yawning. Bomi had multiple part-time jobs that she worked for as she had no other way to hold herself up financially. At first, Bomi had planned on quitting school so she could just work, but Eunji had successfully pulled her away from that plan by begging and other methods. Bomi had been abandoned by her parents on the doorstep of her elderly grandmother when she was only six years old, then, to make matters worse, her grandmother passed away when she got into high school. Luckily, Eunji had been able to make friends with the once cold Bomi before the incident happened, because if Eunji hadn't been there, Bomi most likely wouldn't have be alive today. Eunji, on the other hand was set financially thanks to her parents who were in the states for work. Although Eunji got lonely at times, she was a lot better off than Bomi.

     "You should lay off one or two of those jobs," Eunji said, concern etched on her face. "How many jobs do you have now, five?"

     "Six," Bomi corrected. Eunji's eyebrows furrowed at that, and she pursed her lips.

     "When did you get another one?" she asked, narrowing her eyes at the taller girl.

     "A few days ago. It's just a small job," Bomi said, shrugging. "And you know I can't stand having nothing to do," she added quietly. Eunji bit her bottom lip, a habit that she had had for awhile now.

     "You're going to get sick, working like that," she said, but let the matter go. She knew why Bomi worked so many jobs, and it was because of none other than her disorders. Eunji had, of course, offered, and even begged Bomi to stay at her place, but Bomi had sternly refused. Eunji had been hurt, but she knew where Bomi was coming from.

     "Hey, I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow!" Bomi said cheerfully with a smile. She quickly rushed off. Bomi lived in a very small and run down apartment near the school, but she didn't mind. The people that lived there didn't bother to act friendly or make conversation, and Bomi was thankful for that. Thanks to Eunji, Bomi now had only slight trouble talking to strangers, but as soon as someone stepped over the mental line that she had drawn for herself subconsciously, her disorder would act up. Her god damn disorders. No one else except for Eunji knew about Bomi's disorders, though most had probably figured out her ADHD by now. As soon as she reached her apartment, Bomi quickly unlocked the door, changed, and then ran right back out. By the time Bomi got behind the counter, it was exactly four. The rest of the day went by rather quickly, and by now it was almost eight.

     "Bomi, you should get some rest now," her manager said. Bomi blinked the sleep from her eyes and then shook her head.

     "No, I'll just work a little longer. You can go home first sir. I'll lock up after," Bomi said with a small grin.

     "No no, how can the manager go home earlier than his employee?" the good natured man said heartily. "Alright, but I want you to go home by nine-thirty, understand?" he said.

     "Yes, sir," Bomi said, as the manager returned to his small office behind the counter. Bomi knew that she most definitely wasn't going to go home by nine-thirty and at the man's kind and caring words, Bomi cringed. Those kinds of affectionate interactions always made her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter