Avoidance

Psychological Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

     Chorong walked down the sidewalk towards the school. Her earphones were plugged into her ears, and her hands were in her pockets. A small smile formed on her lips as she remembered the events that had occured just the night before. The image of Bomi practically inhaling all of the food that Eunji had brought was still fresh in her mind. After dinner, the three of them had sat on the floor of Bomi's apartment and just talked about things. That was the kind of atmosphere that Chorong had always craved for. The warm, comfortable feeling that she imagined a family would feel like. She shook her head roughly. This wasn't the time to think about things like that. Then, another image and words popped into her thoughts.

     "Please. Please don't leave me. I'm sorry."

     Chorong's brows furrowed. The memory of those words and Bomi's obviously tormented state made Chorong wonder about what could've possibly happened in Bomi's past. Though Bomi acted like anyone else, and seemed quite normal, well, excluding her hyperactiveness and the obvious lack of sleep that the younger girl showed, Chorong was observant, and she had noticed a couple of odd things about Bomi. One of them being the slight nervousness that Bomi showed when there were many people around. She looked sort of shifty whenever there were crowds of people around her, cringing away from strangers and whatnot. Another thing that she had noticed was what she had noticed when she had first met Bomi. At first, the girl had looked extremely nervous and uncomfortable, and when she had tried to get closer to the younger girl, it had been obvious that Bomi had been trying to push her away. But after that 'fateful' night, Bomi's attitude to her had completely changed. Chorong had noticed how much the younger girl popped up in her thoughts, but Bomi was mysterious, and intriguing. It couldn't be helped. Chorong entered the classroom, pulling out her earphones in the process. She scanned the classroom to see Bomi sitting at her desk, her chin resting in her hand. Chorong smiled slyly and walked up quietly behind the younger before pushing her on the back. Bomi jerked up and spun around, eyes wide.

     "Hey, Bbom!" Chorong greeted, smiling. Chorong's smile faded when Bomi didn't return the grin.

     "Hi," Bomi replied before turning back around. Chorong felt a pang of pain in her chest. What was up with that? For the past week, Bomi had greeted her enthusiastically, grinning from ear to ear, but now, it almost felt like Bomi had reverted back to her old self. Now feeling uncertain, Chorong slowly pulled out her chair and sat down, taking a glance at Bomi.

     "Hey Bbom, Chorong unnie, what's up?" Eunji's loud voice broke the silence between Bomi and Chorong, and Chorong avoided Eunji's arm which slung itself around Bomi's shoulders.

     "Hey Eunji," Bomi greeted, smiling at the slightly younger girl. Chorong immediately felt another pang of pain in her chest. Was Bomi mad at her? She couldn't possibly think of any reason for Bomi's cold actions towards her. Eunji seemed to notice Chorong's silence, and she cocked her head at the older girl.

     "Unnie, are you okay?" Eunji asked. Chorong looked up and feigned ignorance.

     "Yeah, of course, why?" she asked, giving Eunji a forced smile. Chorong thought that she saw Bomi stiffen slightly. With another forced smile, Chorong turned back to face forward, thoughts racing through her mind. Bomi seemed to be fine with Eunji, so why was she acting like that to her?

~~

     When Eunji asked Chorong if she was okay, she had noticed two things, Chorong's forced smile, and Bomi stiffening. Eunji could be rather dull at times in the matter of feelings and emotions, but she knew enough to read the signs that something wasn't right. She knew what this was. Throughout the day, she observed Bomi, and the symptoms were exactly the symptoms that Bomi showed to her all those years ago, and showed to her even at times now. Bomi was avoiding Chorong, she was trying to push her away again. Bomi's obvious cold

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter