Night Bonding

Psychological Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Two Weeks Later

     Bomi took the couple's order and with a practiced smile, she walked back towards the kitchens, but not without a wary glance at Chorong. What was she even doing here? For the past two weeks, Chorong had followed her to the restaurant that she worked part-time at. And for the past two weeks, she had sat in the same exact seat and ordered the same exact thing everytime. Espresso and at times, dinner. Bomi quickly handed the order to one of her co-workers and then biting her lip, she headed over to Chorong. "Why do you keep coming here?" Bomi said, now standing in front of the older girl. Chorong looked up with an unreadable expression on her face.

     "Hm? Oh, just because," Chorong said with a small smile. It was the same exact answer she gave every single time. Bomi tapped her fingers against her crossed arms and then nodded.

     "Okay. Have a nice dinner," she said, gesturing to the plate of food in front of the other and then walking back to the front of the restaurant. Bomi couldn't understand Chorong. Sure, they had been 'acquaintances' for about two weeks now, but following her to her part time job? Bomi found that a little odd. For the past two weeks, Bomi had tried to push Chorong away as much as possible, and she found that every single day, it was getting harder and harder to do so.

     "Waitress!" Bomi immediately snapped out of her thoughts and quickly walked towards the customer.

     "What can I do for you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Bomi sighed and leaned against the counter. Rush hour, or more like three, was finally over and she checked her watch. Eleven-thirty. Time to leave. She took off the restaurant apron and hung it up on the 'apron stand'. "I'll be leaving now," she said, poking her head into the rest area for the workers here.

     "Oh, alright. Good work today Yoon," the manager said. Bomi nodded and bowed politely before picking up her backpack and walking out, only to freeze with a surprised expression. What was Park Chorong still doing here? It had been six hours since they had got here, and yet, the older girl was still sitting in the same spot, staring out of the dark window with her face cupped in her hand.

     "Why are you still here?" Bomi asked, not unkindly. Usually, the older girl would leave around nine, but she had stayed today, not that it felt bad to have someone waiting for her. Chorong looked up at Bomi with a smile that sent her heart beating. Shocked at her own body's reaction, Bomi shook her head.

     "I was waiting for you. I was wondering how long you worked every day," Chorong said, standing up and slinging her backpack over her shoulders. Bomi felt a wave of happiness wash over her, though it was immediately followed by her brain's rejection. "So, are we going now?" Chorong's voice snapped Bomi out of her thoughts.

     "Oh. Right. Yeah, let's go," Bomi said, and she quickly walked out of the restaurant doors first. Not long after, she felt Chorong's presence beside her.

     "How many jobs do you have? From what I saw, you have two already," Chorong said. Bomi looked over at the older girl.

     "Six," she murmured. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Chorong looking at her in shock.

     "Six? Is that even possible?"

     "Well, obviously it is 'cause I'm doing it," Bomi said with a small smile. Chorong shook her head in amazement.

     "You're really something." Bomi had been bracing herself for the 'why' but it never came and she was grateful and surprised. Most would have asked why she was doing so many jobs, and Bomi would be forced to lie. The only person that knew about all of her disorders was Eunji. And opening up to her best friend about them had been hard. Solely because of the fear that once Eunji knew how much of a monster she was, her best friend would leave her. But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter