Sleepless Night

Psychological Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

     After that night, or day, if you want to put it technicality wise, Bomi was the happiest that she had ever been. Of course, that didn't bypass Eunji, and Eunji also felt happy for her always suffering friend. But, something tugged at the back of her mind. This wasn't going to last. "Chorong unnie!" Bomi called out, plopping herself down on her seat and smiling at the older girl. Chorong was also rather ecstatic about Bomi's obvious change in demeanor towards her.

     "Hey Bomi-ah," Chorong said, returning Bomi's smile. After a few minutes, their homeroom teacher walked in.

     "Alright everyone, listen up! As I'm pretty sure that all of you guys know, we're going on a one night and two days field trip next week. I'm leaving the sign up sheet here, so fill it out if you want to go. Oh yes, and it's three people per room so make groups of three. That'll be all," the teacher announced, looking around. Bomi sighed. Another thing that she would have to miss. As soon as the teacher left, all of the students got up to sign the sheet, talking excitedly to each other. Bomi only put her head down on her arms, watching her fellow classmates.

     "You're not going to go?" Chorong asked, looking down at Bomi's slumped figure. Bomi turned her head to eye Chorong.

     "Nah, I'm not a fan of stuff like that," she said with a grin. Bomi didn't miss the dissapointed look that flitted over the older girl's face, and her grin grew wider. "Why? Do you want me to go?" Bomi said teasingly. Chorong nodded.

     "Actually, yes. Can't you go? Please Bbom-ah? It could be me, you, and Eunji," Chorong said suddenly. Bomi's eyes widened. She hadn't been expecting such a straightforward answer, and the way Chorong said her nickname made Bomi feel like melting on the spot.

     "Uh, uhm, well..." Bomi said hesitantly.

     "Oh my god, all hail the almighty Park Chorong," Eunji said out of nowhere. Eunji slung her arm around Bomi's shoulder. "How did you manage to make her even think about it?" Eunji said, looking over at Chorong. Chorong only laughed at the extremely annoyed look on Bomi's face. "So, what do you day Bbom? Let's go, huh?" Bomi bit her lip and then took a quick glance at Chorong who was looking at her expectantly.

     "Fine. Let's go."

~~

     She had said those three words, and the next thing she knew, she was sitting on the bus to wherever they were going, with earphones plugged into her ears and sitting right next to Chorong, who was currently leaning on Bomi's shoulder, fast asleep. Bomi fought the urge to stare at Chorong, and instead, she looked out of the window. The sweet scent of Chorong was driving her crazy, and when Chorong shifted against her shoulder, Bomi's heart leaped into , and then started to beat erratically when she realized that she could feel Chorong's soft and warm breath against her neck. What in the world was wrong with her? Chorong was only a friend. A friend that she had barely met two weeks ago. So why was her body reacting like this? Bomi slapped herself on the cheek a couple of times, but then paused when she suddenly felt the strong urge to look over at Chorong. Gulping, she slowly turned her head, only to stop breathing completely when she found herself face to face with Chorong, barely an inch away from her. Oh hell no. Bomi whipped her head back to look out of the window again, clenching and unclenching her fists. No. This was so not happening. She wouldn't let it happen.

~~

     Bomi collapsed onto the bed that she most definitely would not be sleeping in. She was dead tired from the long three hour bus ride and the immediate tour that followed it. It was now nine-thirty, and everyone had been sent to their rooms.

     "I can't believe they made us walk around for that long after the bus ride," Eunji groaned as she copied Bomi's actions and fell back on the other bed.

     "The food was really good though," Chorong said as she began taking out her luggage. She straightened up after grabbing the things she needed and then looked over at the two younger ones who were collapsed on the two beds. Her gaze landed on Bomi who had one leg propped up and one arm over her eyes. "You guys are younger than me. Why are you two so tired?" Chorong said, laughing.

      "You're the wierd one, unnie," Bomi said, yawning as she did so. Then, she got up, stretching. "I call the couch," she announced, walking over to the said couch and plopping down on it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter