Ideal Type

Do You See Me?

"Hey Jihye, what would you say your ideal type is?" Hyerin asked me, as we were cleaning up the classroom.

"Oh, I don't know. I need to think about it." I replied, pushing the scattered desks and chairs into a neat row.

"Just say what pops into your mind, be spontaneous~" She said, clearing the board.

I hopped up on the desk and swung my legs. "Someone taller than me, for sure. Uh, a good singer would be a bonus, but not required. Someone who loves me a lot, and is very loyal." I said, resting my elbows on my knees.

"That's too vague to be an ideal type, idiot." Jungkook chimed in, walking into the classroom with his royal atmosphere.

"Is not! There's no thing such as too vague." I snapped.

Hyerin merely tsked at me, and turned her attention to him. "What about you, Jungkook? What's your ideal type?" She asked, ignoring my icy stare. Her relationship with Jungkook struck me as odd, however. He always behaved humble around her and spoke really quietly, using respectful language. It didn't seem like he liked her in a romantic way, it was more like he was afraid of her. He has good reason to be, considering the fact that everyone in our class was 17 or 18 years old, whereas he was only 15, which annoyed me greatly. Which idiot on the school board allowed him to skip two grades? The brat never even addressed me respectfully, as he should.

'Calling you 'noona' would be an incredible turn on, don't you think?'

"I swear to ing god." I cursed under my breath.

"Hm, I would like someone who's shorter than me, but not too short. She should be good at cooking, singing and she should also be smart. Most importantly, she should have pretty legs and be good at singing." He said, flashing Hyerin a polite smile.

"Pretty legs? Are you kidding me?" I asked, feeling shocked. This guy needed a dose of my 'lower your expectations of women' potion.

"I like pretty legs, is there something wrong with that?" He responded, in a challenging tone.

"Yes, there is. Are you going to turn away a good girl just because she doesn't have 'pretty legs'? You really need to revaluate your ideal type, because such a girl doesn't exist. If you want pretty legs, a good cook who is good at singing and is smart, why not marry a robot?" I said, rather angrily.

He looked at me with his mouth hanging open, before turning to Hyerin for help.

"Jihye, calm down. An ideal type is just some of the qualities that people look for in their partners. It doesn't mean Jungkook is going to turn a girl away if she doesn't fit the exact description." She said calmly, raising her eyebrows at me.

'Good. Even though you are really short and at cooking and singing and have incredibly manly legs, at least you're smart. This means you have a chan-'

I just shut my eyes and sighed.

"Sorry. I don't like people who hold females or males to unrealistic standards." I said, tugging at my bangs.

"Our Jihye has a very strong moral fiber." Hyerin joked, meriting a chuckle from Jungkook. "But, I personally think ideal types are stupid. I mean, we can't decide who we fall in love with in the end, can we?" She said, looking me right in the eye. I scoffed and turned away.

"I guess we can't." Jungkook sighed, resignedly. "Anyways, I need to go." He said, looking at his watch. "But don't worry, Jihye. Hopefully you won't have trouble finding a guy, which seems likely even with that incredibly vague ideal type of yours." He said, clicking his tongue. 

I promptly smacked the back of his head, which caused him to run away before I could assault him anymore.

'Hyerin?" I said, looking out the window after he was gone.

"Yeah?"

"What do you do when your ideal type is literally in front of you, but is an ?"

"You hope that he grows up to be less of an ."

"I don't think that's possible."

"Fighting, Jihye. Fighting."

--

Sorry for the late update guys~