Obvious

Do You See Me?

"JIHYE!" Taehyung and Jimin screamed simultaneously as they pulled into a bear hug, nearly squeezing me to death.

"H-Hey guys..." I squeaked. "I...can't...breathe...please..."

"Oh, sorry." Jimin apologized, as they loosened their grip. "Man, it's been so long."

"Uh, it's only been a month." Jungkook picked up their luggage and placed it in front of the door. "And you guys Skyped us, like, two days ago."

"Technology is ruining our day-to-day lives, Jungkook." Taehyung shook his head. "Back in my day, the only video game I owned was called 'stick', which wasn't even a video game at all. It was a stick, and I would throw it at my friends."

Jungkook, Jimin, and I stared at him, absolutely dumbfounded.

"Why would you say it's a video game if-" I began to say, but Jimin clapped a hand over my mouth.

"Shh, it's easier if you don't say anything." He whispered.

"But why would he throw-"

"Jihye, come help me out with these bags. Leave them alone." Jungkook grabbed me by the shoulders and dragged me upstairs.

"Tae can get a little weird sometimes." He said, lifting the last of the bags into the spare room.

"Sometimes?" I laughed, idly lounging on the bed.

Taehyung and Jimin were over at Jungkook's house for the weekend, celebrating his birthday. Second semester began this Monday, and the two of them were going to start training full-time in Seoul, which meant I wouldn't get to see them as often. I wanted to make these last couple of days memorable.

"I see you're wearing my jacket." Jungkook sighed, gazing at my outfit longingly. 

"Yes." I wrapped my hands around myself. "You and I both know, that your jacket deserved someone who could take care of it. You guys had a good run. but it has found true happiness with me."

He pouted and sat down beside me. "I'm so sorry things have to be this way, sweetheart. But I'm glad you're finally happy." He said, addressing the jacket. "I will never stop loving you."

My cheeks colored as he said that. God, I was hopeless.

"You couldn't get any cheesier than that." I chuckled, leaning back.

"Oh come on, that was adorable. I bet you secretly hope that your future boyfriend would say such things to you." He poked my side.

"A little cheesiness is fine occasionally." I blushed. "But don't try to charm girls using lines from sappy romantic movies. It never works."

"Please, I come up with those lines myself. I could charm anyone using that." He scoffed.

"Wow, I think you're catching the boy disease." I shook my head sadly. He started to tell me off, but Taehyung walked in right then and literally rolled Jungkook off the bed. He then proceeded to curl up in his place, resting his head on my lap.

"I'm going to sleep." He mumbled. I chuckled and played with his hair, which seemed to make Jungkook a little mad. 

"Dude, you can't just march in and ing roll me off a bed!" He cried. "And then announce you're going to sleep? What the hell?"

"Jungkookie, be respectful." I giggled, thoroughly enjoying this situation. He just became angrier.

"Jungkookie, huh. I like it." Taehyung yawned. 

"Jihye, stop playing with his hair! You're commending his destructive behavior!"

"Aw, hush. If anything you deserved it, because you're being an annoying little ." I scolded. "Plus, Tae's tired from his journey, so let him rest."

Jungkook scrunched up his face and crossed his arms, turning away from us. Why not a little more?

"Taetae, do you want anything to eat?" I asked sweetly, to which he nodded enthusiastically. "Alright, Jungkook. Why don't you go get us some pizza?"

"Go get your own damn pizza. I'm not budging from here." He grumbled.

"Did someone say pizza?" Jimin peeked into the room. 

"We were just telling Jungkook to go out and get us some food. You're hungry, right?" 

"Yeah, I'm starving." He patted his belly. "Come on Kookie, I'll go with you."

Jungkook whined and fussed as Jimin effortlessly picked him up off the floor and dragged him out of the room. I have to admit, he was getting thrown around a lot today.

"Get me olives as a topping please!" I yelled out after them.

 

I sat there quietly for some time, still playing with his hair. He had settled into a very a comfortable nap, so I didn't want to move and wake him up. He was like a really weird cat.

"...Are they gone?" He asked me abruptly, opening his eyes and yawning.

"Uh, yeah." I smiled. "Were you not not asleep this entire time?"

"Nope." He grinned sleepily. 

Silence befell the room again as he lay there, staring at the ceiling. I was on my phone, informing Hyerin about Jungkook's birthday celebration when he suddenly spoke up.

"How long have you liked Jungkook?"

I froze and looked at him blankly. I didn't know how to respond to that question.

"Before you ask how I know, let me just tell you." He yawned again. "It's pretty damn obvious."

I groaned and covered my face with my hands. , this was not good.

"Don't worry about him finding out though." He closed his eyes. "He won't be able to tell you like him unless you actually say the words."

I peeked out from behind my fingers. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah. It's the same with his friends; he won't know you're his friend until you explicitly call him your friend." He laughed. "I speak from experience."

"You won't tell anyone, right?" I asked, feeling a little panicked. "I-I don't want him to know."

"Nah, I don't really have anyone to tell anyway." He reached up and patted my head. "Jimin is the only one besides me who knows. He sorta guessed too."

"Wow, I'm really horrible at hiding my feelings, aren't I." I sighed.

"Don't be so down on yourself Jihye." He got up and looked at me. "Now that you know how clueless he is, you can tell him how you feel on your own terms. You don't have to worry about him confronting you before you're ready."

I rested my head on his shoulder. "Thanks for that, Taetae. You're the best."

"Any time."