5.

Deep Trouble, Deeply In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On her way home, Hara decided to pay her friend, Baekhyun, a visit. They went to the same university and was her only guy friend. After graduation, they lost contact with one another as Hara was busy studying for her licensure exam while Baekhyun took over his family’s restaurant business. Although this did not cause a crack on their friendship. They were reunited when Hara accidentally passed by Baekhyun’s restaurant and Baekhyun treated her to dinner. From then on, she promised to frequently visit him and in return, he will give her unlimited dessert coupons in his restaurant.

Tsk. Such bribe.

 

“Welcome to Rhune El Byun!”

Two men greet Hara as she enters the fancy restaurant. Baekhyun strictly instructed his employees what and how to treat Hara whenever she visits. She disagreed at first, given that she is not used to those kinds of treatment towards her as she grew up in a simple family but later agreed after Baekhyun had blackmailed her of posting her old college photos online.

The restaurant’s interior is as exquisite as its exterior. Chairs and tables are of the finest classic oak, giving off a feel-at-home vibe. Floorings are also made of a luxurious range of tropical hardwoods which caused Hara to awkwardly wander the restaurant at first and Baekhyun’s playful warning of her paying even for just a simple scratch on the floor didn’t help either. On the glass walls are several paintings and other artworks related to music, aside from food as the Byun family is known to be music enthusiasts. To match the wooden theme are rustic chandeliers which proudly hang on the ceiling, illuminating the whole room and some soft music in the air. Employees are clothed in black coats matched with black slacks for the men and black pencil skirts for the women. Not to mention, they are well educated by the Byuns themselves about proper customer care and treatment, adding a wow factor to the restaurant which was already set by its excellent cuisine.

Hara makes her way to the table on the far right corner of the room where she and Baekhyun usually meet. The employees automatically notify Baekhyun whenever she drops by.  A waitress attends to her and Hara places her order. She thanked her and searches for her phone to send Baekhyun a text message.

What’s taking you so long? :( Hurry up!

“Impatient, as usual.”

Hara flinches and almost dropped her phone. Baekhyun takes the seat across her, a grin plastered on his face.

“What’s so funny?” Hara frowns.

“Nothing. I just missed my best friend so much.” Baekhyun coos and Hara pinches his cheek.

“Work is kind of demanding. Lucky you, you sit around all day and yet, your salary is way higher than twice mine.” Hara rests her chin on her palm and twirls the straw on her drink.

Baekhyun reaches out to ruffle her hair. “What did I tell you about marrying me?”

“What did I tell you about marrying me?” Hara imitates him and swats his hand away while a laughing Baekhyun clutches his stomach for his dear life. The same waitress appears and bows to them, Baekhyun wiping a tear away before uttering a “Same as hers.” The waitress nods and bows again before leaving.

“How are you?” Baekhyun asks. He could tell that Hara is having a hard time just by looking at her tired eyes.

“Tell me everything and don’t miss out on a single detail or you’ll pay. I have my resources.” He jokingly warns her and wiggles a finger at her. Hara scoffs and beg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter