11.

Deep Trouble, Deeply In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook helped Baekhyun on their way to Yoongi’s house as what he had promised, eyes not leaving the road until they reached their destination. It was already 4 in the afternoon when they arrived, the weather suddenly a bit gloomy as if one with them.

The three stand outside the Mins’ humble abode, each of them wondering if they will be heard out or rejected. Hara presses on the doorbell and the gate did not open ‘til her third try. A guy, almost the same physical features as Yoongi, peeks behind the gate, scrutinizing them.

His brother. Hara assumes.

“Who are you?” Youngjae asks them.

“I am Goo Hara, homeroom teacher of Min Yoongi.” She pulls Jungkook closer to her but he wriggled off her grip almost immediately. “This is Jungkook, your brother’s friend.”

Youngjae throws Baekhyun a look and Hara catches it, quickly adding, “Ah. This is my friend, Baekhyun. He’s with us. You’ll know later.”

“What are you here for? My brother isn’t back yet.” Youngjae says, waiting for an answer.

Your brother is fighting for his life. Of course, he isn’t back yet.

Hara pushed the thought back when Jungkook nudged her to tell him their intention. “Are your parents at home? We need to inform them about something important.”

“About someone important.” Jungkook corrects her and Hara can sense the bad vibe he is emitting.

“How do I know that you won’t inflict any harm on us?” Youngjae doubts.

Baekhyun sighs and raises both of his hands in the air which surprised everyone. “You can inspect us thoroughly for any weapon but let me remind you that every second you waste on accusing us equals a second less together with your brother here on earth.”

“What do you mean? Did something happen to him?” Youngjae asks, now confused, further opening the gate.

“Please, just let us in. We need to talk to your parents.” Hara pleads.

Youngjae gives in, washed with curiosity and worry over what might had happened to Yoongi.

The three followed suit behind him and were led to the living room. There sit Mr. Min, typing on his laptop while Mrs. Min knits what seems to be a scarf. The two stopped their activities and looked up to find strangers in their house.

“Son, who are they?” Mr. Min asks Youngjae.

“She is Yoongi’s homeroom teacher. They need to talk to you about him.” He replies.

Mr. Min lets out a mocking laugh. “If that brat has caused you trouble, I am sorry but we are already used to it.”

Jungkook could not help but get enraged upon hearing his answer and the images of his friend lying on a hospital bed flood his head. His fist unconsciously curls up and he was about to snap at him when he felt fingers softly brush against his. He gasps inwardly and looks down at his now relaxed hand. He glances across his shoulder and finds a calm Hara who seems to not mind his stare. His stomach suddenly feels funny and Jungkook could not do anything about the strange feeling but disregard it.

 

Why did I do that? I must be insane. Really, Goo. Hara regrets and bites on her lower lip lightly.

“Right, please have a seat.” Mrs. Min offers and the three gladly took it.

“Would you like something to drink?”

“No, thank you, Ma’am.” Hara replies.

“What about my useless son this time?” Mr. Min asks.

“Your useless son was met by an accident and is in the operating room at this very moment.” Baekhyun directly informs.

The three Mins got shocked, eyes wide and mouths agape. Even Mr. Min was dumbfounded for a minute but is unsurprisingly the first to shake the matter off as if it does not concern his own son.

When Jungkook could not take it anymore, his brain voluntarily disposes of every remaining respect he has for his friend’s parents and gets up and towers over the elders. Baekhyun watches his moves, keeping his guard on in case Jungkook loses his cool.

“What kind of family are you? Are you going to let your son die there while you drown in relaxation here at your home?” Jungkook lets out a shaky breath and grabs a fistful of his hair before continuing.

“Yoongi hyung and useless don’t go together in a sentence. You probably don’t know this since you don’t give a damn about him but hyung is one of the class’ top students. He excels almost at everything and is a man with a big heart unlike the monsters who reside under this roof.” He says, landing his gaze on Mr. Min. The elder Min looks away in guilt under Jungkook’s penetrating stare at him.

“He would get six or seven mistakes in exams but right after receiving it, he crumples the paper and throws it away like garbage and every time I ask him why, he would answer me ‘It’s nothing against Youngjae so it does not really matter’.” Jungkook swallows, trying to dominate over his emotions. “But I will always bug him and tell him that I’m proud until he can no longer stand me and kicks me. But it’s okay to me because I know I helped hyung take a little of his burden off. Sometimes, I even wonder what bad have hyung done in the past to deserve such family that makes his life hard.”

Mrs. Min clutches the scarf in her hands, quietly sobbing on her seat while Youngjae looks lost, staring past across Jungkook. Mr. Min does not react and tries to avoid Jungkook’s eyes. He blinks rapidly, staring at his laptop on the coffee table from time to time until a tear escapes and soon, he buries his face on his hands, his body shaking from guilt and regret.

Seconds pass and nothing could be heard in the house but the Mrs. Min’s soft whimpers.

Jungkook clears his throat, catching Hara’s attention. “I’ll go back to the hospital first.”

“O-Okay.” Hara stutters, once again intimidated by him. “Be careful on your way.”

Jungkook stares at her and for a moment, he thought his heart would jump out of his chest. His knees went jello for half a second but ignores it and nods at her and at Baekhyun before find

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter