4.

Deep Trouble, Deeply In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The school bell rings, signaling for lunch break and Hara enters the faculty room void of any expression. Though her eyes are puffy; it took her an hour before she stopped crying. She went to the ladies’ restroom first to reapply some makeup so as to hide her swollen eyes. Her friend, Jung Sooyeon, an English professor, greets her worriedly.

“Oh my, Hara-ah, are you okay? Is your body still complete? Did they touch you anywhere?” Sooyeon asks and twirls Hara around, looking for any dismembered body part. Hara flashes her a small smile.

“No, eonnie. I’m still complete. My skull’s still intact.”

Sooyeon pulls a face and let go of her. “I’m grabbing lunch at the cafeteria. Do you want to go together?”

Hara puts her files and bag down on her desk and sits on her swivel chair. She looks up and shakes her head. “Hm you go first, eonnie. I’m not that hungry yet.” She smiles apologetically.

Sooyeon pouts and playfully slaps her arm. “Okay, but don’t bury yourself on your desk. You need to eat. Remember, you own Class 3D.” Sooyeon smiles and saunters to the door.

Hara lets out a small sigh and contemplates if she has the courage to ask the Vice Principal for a change in classes.

As if on cue, the front door opens and reveals a cackling Vice Principal Lee, his presence full of life and voice filling the entire room. Mr. Lee is at his 40s already, an averaged sized man with a grayish hair because of some white strands. He has his glasses on and looks respectable, thanks to his posture, but once he starts with his dull, long speeches, everything just dissolves and nothing else matters.

 Hara gazes at him, already practicing what to say but eyes the man standing behind him instead, with mouth agape.

“Ah good day, everyone!” VP Lee begins. “Today, we woke up in hopes of creating a legacy which the future generation deserves. We all aim to mold such precious caterpillars into butterflies who will soar higher than their parents’ dreams for them.”

Mr. Lee shrieks with conviction and strong determination in his voice while spreading out his arms, flapping them.

“Except for your 3D.” He points at Hara.

Hara tears her gaze away from the man behind Mr. Lee and pretends to brush something off her heels.

 Mr. Lee then notices the boredom evident on his audience’s face; some are yawning, some went back to their writing. He clears his throat and straightens his coat. Everyone reluctantly waits for what he is going to say next.

“And today, I am honored to announce that someone will be joining us towards our goal. May I present to you our new Math professor, Mr. Lee Seungri.” He steps aside and Seungri takes a step forward and bows down. Everyone, especially the women, ogles at the new face. Seungri is undeniably handsome, his lean body obvious under his plain white tee and coat, brown hair neatly styled up, and a smile which could have melted everyone right away if it wasn’t for the air conditioner. His eyes wander and meets Hara’s, equally surprised as her.

Does he recognize me from this morning? Hara shamelessly hopes.

Seungri breaks the eye contact and Hara blinks, her cheeks pinking a little.

“Hello. I am Lee Seungri, Math professor. Let us all be united..in reaching our goal.” Seungri introduces and glances at VP Lee, giving him an awkward smile before bowing and smiling at everyone again. The women swoon even more and the men sigh in enviousness.

“So, I will leave you now and please do your job well,” VP Lee pats Seungri.

 “Oh, I almost forgot,” he says, walking over to Hara’s direction.

“How are they?” VP Lee asks Hara.

Lying was never an option for Hara but how is she going to answer Mr. Lee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter