Music

Stage

(you POV)

"Ready?" Yongguk asked coming over to me with a notebook and a pen. I nodded eagerly and put my drink down. 

"Well, I've already tried a few lines, but I just, can't get the beat down." He said embarrassed. I smiled at him and looked over his lyrics. 

"They're nice. I think it should have a slow type of beat." I suggested. I walked over to the piano and sat down. I pressed a few keys and then started playing a slow song. 

"Wow, that's amazing. I would have never thought of the piano." He said coming over and sitting next to me. 

"Well, how about a piano? That will make those lyrics pop." I said and kept playing. He put a finger to his chin and thought about it. 

"Maybe I should write more lyrics." He said. I chuckled, he only had about 3 lines done, not barely enough for a whole song. 

"You should write some too. I heard from your unnies that you love composing your own songs." He said and punched my arm lightly. 

"Oh, just a little." I said and waved my hand, dismissing his claims. 

"Why don't we try and come up with a collab song? That would be so cool." He suggested and bounced on the seat. I nodded my head, that sounded nice. 

"Then, let's start." I said and got off the bench. We both walked back to the table and sat down. 

We fought for 2 whole hours over what the lyrics should be, but after those grueling hours, we came up with such a cute song. The only problem. The beat. 

"How about a fast beat?" Yongguk suggested. I shook my head. These lyrics were far too romantic to have that type of beat. 

"Do you have your computer?" I asked. He nodded and got it out of his bag. I told him to go onto a digital beat website, and we went from there. 

"THAT IS SO COOL!!!" He screeched when he saw me playing different types of beats, and putting them together. 

"How about this?" I asked and pressed play. A slow and harmonizing beat started playing and Yongguk bounced his head to it. 

"Wow, now we just have to match the song to that." He said. I took the sheet of paper and sighed. This is gonna be a long night. 

...

"I'm so tired." Yongguk yawned and put his head on the table. I sighed and yawned as well. We've been sitting here for well over 4 hours now. It was getting late. I put my head down as well and was about to fall asleep when my phone started ringing abnormally loud. 

I rubbed my eye and looked at my phone. Who could be calling now?

"Hello?" I answered and yawned. 

"Where are you?" An angry voice asked. I frowned in confusion and pulled the phone away from my ear. I sighed when I saw Jongin's name flash on the screen. 

"What do you want?" I snapped. It's 10:00 at night, what could he possibly want?

"Did you forget about something?" He asked angrily. I could just imagine him pacing the floor angrily. 

"No, I don't think I forgot anything." I said. 

I could hear him scoff and say something in the background. 

"We had a dance practice. Did you forget? Or did you just not want to come?" He asked sarcastically. I widened my eyes in realization. 

"Oh, I'm sorry." I said and looked back at Yongguk. 

"Get over here." He said. 

"I'm sorry. Can we just have the dance practice tomorrow? I'm kind of...um.. busy." I said looking at Yongguk's sleeping face. I couldn't just leave him here. 

"Busy? With what?" He scoffed. I rolled my eyes. 

"Um... nothing. I gotta go." I said and hung up. I put my phone back on the table but jumped when it rang again. I didn't answer it, knowing it was Jongin. 

"Yongguk." I said quietly and shook his shoulder. 

"Yongguk." I said but a little bit louder. He whined and got up rubbing his eyes. 

"Mom, I'm not ready yet." He said and put his head back on the table. I giggled and put my finger in his ear. 

"AHHHH!!!!" He screamed shooting out of his chair. I doubled over in laughter and pointed at him. 

"YA!!! DON'T LAUGH AT ME!!!!" He cried. I laughed and got up. 

"We should get going." He said yawning. He stretched and then gathered his computer. 

"Yea. It's gonna be a long walk." I said. I put all my things in my bag and slung the straps on my arm. 

"Let's go." He said marching out of the room. I followed after him, trying to turn off my phone. Kai just wouldn't leave me alone. This boy has called over 5 times. 

"Which way to your place?" He asked as we got out into the chilly night. I looked around and pointed in a direction. 

"You don't have to walk me home." I said. 

"But, what if someone hurts you? Or worse, kidnaps you?" He exaggerated. I laughed quietly. 

"I can take care of myself thank you very much. I have a nasty right hook." I said raising my fist. 

"HAHAHAH you?? A nasty right hook??!??!?! I will PAY to see that." He said laughing. I rolled my eyes. Boys. They will always think that girls are weak. 

"Who knows. Maybe I might have to use it on you." I threatened. 

"Ok, ok, Ahjumma. No fist swinging." He said and laughed. 

We walked in comfortable silence for a while. 

"You know, I was kinda surprised you were a fan of us." Yongguk said. I looked at him. 

"Yea, I am. I heard your song Warrior and I loved it." I said honestly. 

"It's just that, your you and we're B.A.P." He said and laughed without humor. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked. I wasn't offended, I was just confused. 

"Your famous, everyone knows you. And, after you said that you liked us, you cannot believe how high our fanbase rose. I was shocked." He said and scratched his neck. This was news to me. I thought B.A.P. had a huge fanbase. 

"I didn't do anything." I said. It wasn't possibly from me, that their fanbase rose. They are talented. They don't need anyone's help to become famous. 

"You did though. If it wasn't for you, our company probably would have dropped us." He said. I widened my eyes. They were going to get rid of B.A.P?

"HA, don't be too shocked. It was gonna happen eventually. We just didn't know when. When you said you liked us on that radioshow, the amount of people who bought our albums. Huh, it was insane. Our company was so shocked, and so were we. I want to thank you for that. Without you, we would be long gone by now." He said. I was out of words and couldn't say anything. I was shocked. 

"I did nothing. Maybe if people saw how much potential, and how good you guys are, they would have reevaluated their decision. It wasn't because me." I said. 

"Well anyway, thank you. We really appreciate it. Oh and I wanted to ask you something." He said. I looked up and saw that we were standing in the alleyway to my apartment building. 

"Ask away." I said and smiled at him. 

"I wanted to ask, um... are you and Kai like, dating or something?" He asked. I looked at him like he just went crazy and I scoffed.

"That will be the day. Me and Kai? You have to be out of your mind. We are not dating." I said. Even though I forgave Kai the other day, I knew he was still a bad guy, and he didn't change. We were most definitely not dating. 

"Wow, well... haha, sorry. I just thought you guys were like seeing each other. He seems like a tough headed guy, but he seems warm around you." He said. I looked at him curiously. Warm around me?

"Warm? You've seen us together?" I asked. I don't remember ever meeting Yongguk together with Kai. And Kai was anything but warm. 

"Oh yea, that um... concert we had. Remember? I was about to go back and talk to you, but I saw you with him, so I just assumed." He said and laughed. 

"Eh, we're not dating. We barely get along anyway." I said. 

"Really? He seems bad from everyone's perspective, but he's so hardworking. Have you seen him dance? It's insane." He chirped. 

"Yea, he's a good dancer." I agreed. 

"Well, I better be going. See you in a few days? We should get practicing on this." He said. I nodded and smiled at him. 

"See ya." I said turning around and opening the side door. 

"Wait,you." Yongguk said. I turned around and looked at him. He spread his arms out and I giggled. We gave eachother a quick hug before parting ways. I waved to him and walked into my building. 

"Ugh, who is calling?" I cried as my phone buzzed in my pocket. I thought I turned it off. 

"Hello?" I answered. I frowned when I heard a loud noise, almost shouting coming from the other side. 

"Hello?" I asked again. 

"you?you? Is that you?" A voice asked. I took my phone away from my ear in confusion. I looked at the screen and got even more confused. Jongin was calling, but that wasn't his voice. 

"Yes it's me." I said worriedly. What's going on? Why does this person sound so frantic?

"This is Kyungsoo. You remember me right? We need your help. Do you know where Kai's dorm is?" He asked frantically. 

"Yes, I know where it is. What's going on? Is Kai hurt? What happened?" I asked turning on the stairs. 

"Please help, he's out of control. He's kind of um... drunk." He said. I frowned. Why would he be drinking? 

"Um... can't you guys do anything?" I asked. I knew it was mean, but Kai wasn't my responsibility. He's a grown man, he should know better. 

"Please, you're the only one who he trusts. Can you please help us? We're all at his apartemnt. He's about to kill Monggu." He said. I widened my eyes at the last remark. He's trying to kill Monggu? Not Monggu...

"I'll be right there." I said frantically and ran down the stairs like a crazy person. 

"Hurry!!" He screamed. I heard screaming coming from the phone and knew it was Kai. 

The phone went silent and I put it in my pocket. I ran out of the building and ran down the street. I was out of breath once I reached Kai's apartment building. 

"Ah, how am I gonna get in??" I asked quietly to myself. There were fans everywhere. They had tents, and were sitting infront of the building. 

"Maybe the parking lot?" I questioned. I shook my head in a no, I knew I needed Kai's card to get in. 

"Maybe if I sneak past." I said and decided on it. I put my head down and walked past the fans sitting on the floor. They looked up from what they were doing and gave me looks. I couldn't tell if they recognized me or not, but I wasn't planning on finding out. 

I sighed in relief when I got into the building. 

"Um... miss, what are you doing here? No fans allowed in the building." A woman said. I put my head down and covered my mouth with my scarf. 

"I live here." I said. She bowed and I smiled evilly when my lie worked. I walked past her and to the elevators. I waited for the elevator to come down, then I stepped on. I bit my nails as the elevator descended upwards. Please tell me Monggu's not hurt...

The elevator dinged telling me that I was at my stop. I got off the elevator and walked towards Kai's door. 

I banged on the door and waited. A couple seconds later, a tired looking Kyungsoo opened the door. 

"Oh, you're here!!" He said and grabbed me inside. I looked around and gasped. The living room was a mess, the cushions thrown here and there, a vase broken, CD's all over the floor. It looked like a tornado came by. 

"Is Monggu ok?" I asked. Kyungsoo gave me a look. I looked around for the small brown dog and saw her cowering in the corner. I walked over to her. She saw me and barked, running to my side. I picked her up and held her to me. 

"Get off me!!!" I heard a scream. I shot my head up and saw Kai coming down the stairs, followed my Baekhyun, who was restricting his arms. Monggu whimpered and I her head. 

"Ohh... look who's here." Kai sneered. He pushed Baekhyun off him and walked over to me. I backed up and hit the wall behind me. 

"Stop Kai." I said putting my hand infront of me, in a stop sign. 

"Kai?" He asked sluggishly. He chuckled and came closer to me. 

"Don't come near me." I warned. I help Monggu to me who was shaking lightly in my hands. 

"And why not? Am I not allowed to? Is he the only one who's allowed to touch you?" He sneered. I looked at him in alarm. What is he talking about?

"Kai, stop this. Just go to bed or something. Heaven knows what Manager Hyung is gonna do to you, if he sees you like this." A voice said. I looked over and saw Chen standing near the couch. All of EXO was here, they were surrounding Kai, ready to restrict him if he did anything. 

"And why the should I?!!?!? Get the out of my house!!!" Kai screamed grabbing a picture off the wall and flinging it at Chen's head. Chen dodged just in time. The picture frame smashed against the wall. 

"Kai stop it!!" I screamed. I put Monggu down. She ran underneath the table and hid there. I grabbed Kai's hand and pulled him away from walking over to Chen. 

"Why should I?" He said. He pushed me off him and went into the kitchen. Monggu barked and ran out of the kitchen, up the stairs and out of sight. 

"Just go to bed, or something. You're not acting right. Please." I pleaded with him. I walked after him and watched as he grabbed a cup and threw it at me. I dodged the glass cup and watched it smash on the floor. 

"What the hell is wrong with you!!!" I screamed at him. 

"Asking me that?" He asked. He looked at me with such anger I looked anywhere but him. 

"Please come. Don't hurt your members. They're trying to help you. Stop breaking things and just go upstairs. Please." I said walking over to him cautiously. He glared at me. 

"Why don't you go run to Yongguk? Why are you even here? It's not like you care." He slurred resting his weight on the island. 

"Is that what this is about?" I asked. I knew Kai was angry about me not coming to the dance practice. How did he know I was with Yongguk?

"Why don't you just go back to him? You have no reason to be here. Leave!!!" He screamed at me. I flinched back, but held my ground. 

"Stop acting like this. Go upstairs." I said. I moved over to him and was about to grab him when he harshly shoved me away. 

"Why do you care? Hmm? I know I mean nothing to you. Why are you even here?" He asked sluggishly as he slumped against the fridge. 

"Look, Kai. You shouldn't act like this, ok? Kyungsoo called me. I came over to see if you were ok, and make sure you didn't hurt Monggu." I said. I shouldn't have added that last part about Monggu because next thing I know Kai's right up in my face. 

"You came for Monggu? Well, why don't you just have Monggu." He said angrily and walked out of the kitchen. I followed after him as he angrily walked up the stairs. 

EXO were trying to clean up his living room and I softened. These boys really cared about Kai, and look what he was doing. Making an even bigger mess. 

"Monggu!!!" He screamed. I grabbed him just as he was about to open one of the doors. 

"Don't hurt Monggu!! She didn't do anything." I said. He pushed my hand off him and kept walking. 

"Kai, stop this. Can't you see that everyone's worried about you? Look at your members downstairs, they're cleaning up the mess that you created. Can't you just stop being so selfish for once and think about someone other that yourself?!!??" I seethed at him. I grabbed him and spun him around. He looked at me and put his head down. 

"You need to stop. There are people here who are trying to help you. Instead of trying to hurt them, why not take their help? I'm trying to help you. Can you just, lay down or something? Why were you drinking in the first place?" I tried to tell him. 

"Do you hate me?" He asked quietly. I looked at him and sighed. 

"No Kai, I don't hate you." I said. 

"Yes you do." He said and walked away from me. He walked down the hallway and into his room. I followed after him. 

"Jongin." I said as I walked into his room. He was sitting on his bed with his phone in his hand. 

"I just... don't understand." He said quietly. 

"Jongin, can you please go to sleep?" I asked as I walked over to him. He looked up from him phone and frowned at me. 

"Leave me alone." He said. I rolled my eyes at his childness and walked even closer to him. 

"Jongin, please. Before you break something else, just please go to sleep." I pleaded with him. He looked at me and said a few curse words before complying with me. 

I sat on the side of his bed and watched him go to sleep. He snuggled to my side and rested his head on my thigh. I rolled my eyes and his hair. 

"Pabo..." I said quietly. Kai's hand slumped over me, his phone resting on my leg. I picked it up and saw that the screen was still on. A little peek won't hurt right? I looked to see if Jongin was sleeping, and smiled when I saw that he was. 

I looked at the lit up screen and gasped. It was a picture of me and Yongguk at the recording studio. Who took this picture? He and I were the only ones there. 

'Seems like love is blossoming between B.A.P's Yongguk and W.I.N.G.S member you, they were seen at the YG recording studio late at night, sharing smiled and loving glances.' Read the headline. I scrolled through the text and frowned. This was so fake. It wasn't a date, it was merely just two people working over a song. 

"Was this what upset you?" I asked Jongin quietly. He was fast asleep on my lap and I sighed. 

"Were you mad because I wasn't there for the dance practice?" I asked quietly. I had so many questions. Why was he looking at that article? Why was he angry about me being with Yongguk? Why is he acting like this?

'No, he can't possible... like me? He's not jealous is he?' I thought surprised. It seemed like the only logically explanation for why he kept telling me to go back to Yongguk. He seemed mad, confused, and maybe a little bit jealous. 

"Hey, where is he?" A voice asked outside Jongin's room. I looked over just as Kyungsoo and Chen poked their heads in. They looked at Jongin surprised, and then at me. 

"Well, I told you. She's be able to tame him." D.O said to Chen. 

"Yea, yea, whatever. I could have knocked him out and finished the job too." Chen exclaimed. I laughed quietly at that statement. I would pay to see someone knock Kai out. 

"Can we talk to you you?" D.O asked. I looked down at Kai and nodded. I slowly lifted his head off and slid off the bed. I walked out of the room, following behind Chen. 

D.O stopped on the stairs and turned around. 

"Look,you. This might sound weird, but... we want you to stay with Jongin. Remember what I told you when we first met? How I think he likes you? I think he really does. He's mad because of you and Yongguk hyung. I honestly hate seeing him like this. He rarely gets drunk. But, you kind of choose Yongguk over him. With the whole dance thing. You left Jongin there. He waited for you. But, you never showed up." Kyungsoo said. I looked at him and frowned. I started to feel quilty. 

"I didn't mean to honestly. Me and Yongguk are doing a duet together, that's why I forgot about the dance practice. He called me asking me where I was, and I said I was busy. I didn't know he'd be mad about it. And I didn't know that someone took a picture of us and put it online." I said. I felt bad for ditching Kai's dance practice. I honestly just forgot, my schedules have been hectic. It's almost impossible to remember all of them. 

"Duet?" Kyungsoo questioned. I nodded. 

"Yea, we're both gonna be singing at the award ceremony next week." I explained. 

"Does Kai know about that?" Chen asked. I looked at Chen and shrugged. 

"It's not something I just blurt out to every person. I didn't tell him about it." I said. I scratched my head and looked at D.O

"You might wanna tell him, especially if you're gonna be busy with Yongguk. Don't let Kai wait like that. I hate seeing him that way. Just tell him if you can't make practice." D.O said. 

"Is he gonna throw another cup at me?" I asked. D.O and Chen chuckled. 

"He almost took my head off with that picture frame. He should be glad I have fast reflexes, otherwise he wouldn't live to see tomorrow." Chen said. I laughed. 

"Just, tell him. Ok you? And, I really want you two to talk. If you really don't have feelings for him, just tell him that. I hate seeing him like this. You're a nice girl you. I know you didn't mean it. But, he's a mystery. I never know what's going on in that thick skull of his. He's sensitive, even if people don't see that." Kyungsoo said. 

"Wait, so Kai likes me?" I asked. Even though I already knew the answer. 

"You're slow, just like Lay." Chen said and laughed. 

"Yes, he does. I know he doesn't have a good way of showing affection, but when he cares about someone, he puts his heart and soul into it. He probably liked you because you're easy to tease. I see the way he bullies you. Don't take that the wrong way, he's just warming up to you. And don't push him away, he's been through so much in his life already. Most people think he's cold and unapproachable, but you need to get to know him. He's already starting to warm up to you." D.O explained. And with that D.O and Chen walked down the stairs where the rest of EXO were, lounging on the sofas or in the kitchen. 

I stood there like an idiot for a couple minutes, getting my thoughts together. Kai likes me. And he's angry because I was with Yongguk. 

I turned and looked at Kai's closed door. Should I go in there?

I heard a whimper and I turned to the opened door next to me. I peeked inside and saw a spacious room filled with boxes. I followed the whimpering and saw Monggu in one of the boxes. 

"It's ok." I cooed as I walked closer to her. She looked at me and whimpered. I picked her up slowly and caressed her fur. I could tell just how scared she was. 

"He won't hurt you." I said and kissed her head. I put her back down and she went back into the box. I sighed and didn't try and take her out again. 

I left the door open and walked down the hallway to Kai's room. I opened the door slightly and peeked in, I saw him with his face in a pillow and I tiptoed inside. 

"Are you sleeping?" I asked quietly. I poked his face just in case and when he didn't respond I sighed in relief. 

"I should get going." I said to myself. It was already way past 11. 

I turned to leave but stopped when a hand grabbed me. 

"Stay." Kai said. I turned around and saw him sitting up. I shook my head.

"I should get going. It's late." I said. He shook his head and peeled back the sheets. 

"Stay with me." He said groggily. I looked at him and sighed. 

"I'll stay until you fall asleep." I said. 

"No, stay with me tonight." He said. I blushed at how dirty that sounded. 

"Sleep, I'll be here." I said getting in the sheets. I sat up and Kai put his head on my stomach. He fell asleep as I rubbed his hair. I sighed. Should I leave? I should get back to my dorm. 

I tried to move under Kai. He groaned and pulled me closer to him. I huffed and tried to pry his arms off me. I was successful and I slipped out of the bed. I screeched when I was yanked back. But, this time I landed directly on Kai. Our lips touched and I widened my eyes. 

Oh my god.