I can't believe this

Stage

(you POV)

I woke up to the sound of someone thumping their feet next to my ear. I widened my eyes and shot up to find an obnoxious Kai dancing around. I looked at the time on my phone and gasped. It was 9:24. I had an interview at 9. 

"Kai, OMG!!!" I screamed getting up and running to the door that was still locked. I started to panic as I thought that I would be stuck in there forever. 

"Relax." Kai said behind me. He slung his bag over his shoulder and casually took a KEY out of his pocket. I stared at him in shock as he put the key in the door and unlocked it. 

"YOU HAD A KEY??!?!?!?!" I screamed. How dare he lock me in here with him. 

"Hmmm seems like it." He said walking out of the dance studio. I followed after him angrily and yanked on his arm. 

"You are such a jerk!!! You had a key the whole time but yet you didn't open the door!!! Is there a reason as to why?" I screeched. He looked at me before slinging an arm around my shoulder. I yanked his arm off and angrily walked out of the building. 

I took my phone and called Sarah. 

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!!!!" She screamed the moment I picked up. 

"Long story. Is Manager mad?" I asked. 

"OH HE IS BEYOND MAD!!!!! YOU HAD AN INTERVIEW!!!!" She screamed. I pulled the phone away from ear and sighed. 

"Where are you now?" I asked. 

"We're all at the apartment. We didn't see you after the concert, we thought something happened. And you weren't even answering your phone." She said. I scratched my hair and looked around. How am I gonna get home? Seoul was about an hour away from here. 

"Wanna ride?" That obnoxious voice said behind me. I breathed out angrily and spun around. I glared at Kai as he fixed his hair and started texting someone on his phone. 

"Yo, who is that??? MAKNAE!!! WHO ARE YOU WITH!!!! Please tell me you're not with Kai." She said whispering the last part. 

"I'll call you back." I said and hung up. I looked at Kai who was still on the phone and crossed my arms. This jerk. This is all his fault. 

"Come on." Kai said grabbing my hand and pulling me along to a flashy looking car that was parking out front. 

"No, I will find some other way to get back." I said stubbornly. I yanked my hand back and started walking. 

"What are you gonna do? Walk back to Seoul? Don't be an idiot and just get in the car." He called after me. I was too angry at him and just kept walking. 

"Ok, ok, I'm sorry that I locked us in there. Ok? Now will you just get in the car?" He asked jogging up to me. I glared at him. 

"How dare you lock me in there with you!!! What gave you the idea to possibly do that!!! Are you crazy?? You knew that you had a key, but you played it off like you didn't!!!! I was so scared that we were gonna be locked in there!!! And especially be locked in there with you!!!" I seethed. 

"Look, it was an honest mistake. I didn't realize I had the key. And honestly, do you think people wouldn't have found us? You need to calm down, because nothing bad even happened. We'll be back in Seoul in like an hour, if you'll just let me give you a ride." He said. I looked at him and frowned. I would rather die than be in a car with this . 

"No." I said spinning around and walking onto the sidewalk. 

"Don't be an idiot. Just get in the car." Kai said following me. 

"Leave me alone." I said. 

"What do you want me to do? Undo what just happened? Because I can't. What happened happened. Alright? Stop acting like a child and get in the car." He said. I huffed and kept walking. Is he gonna follow me all the way back to Seoul?

"Fine. You give me no choice." He said. He grabbed my hips and threw me over his shoulder. I cried out in protest as he walked me back to the car. 

"LET GO OF ME!!!!" I screamed. He didn't listen and instead opened the car door with his free hand and gently put me in the passenger seat. 

I huffed and crossed my arms. This jerk. I hope I never see him again!!!

Kai got in the car and swerved out of the parking lot. I held onto the seat belt for dear life as he went 100 mph out of the parking lot. Is he trying to kill us?

"Can you slow down?" I asked as he kept going faster and faster. He chuckled and slowed down a little. And by a little I mean 2 mph less. I groaned and leaned back in my chair. 

"Why do you always call me Kai?" He asked. I looked at him and shrugged. 

"Just call me Jongin. Or oppa. Whatever you want." He said smirking. I scoffed and crossed my arms. No way am I ever calling him "oppa". 

"I'll stick to Kai." I said. 

"Fine, but then you'll have to face to consequences of doing that." He said looking at me. I frowned. What consequences? 

"Every time you call me Kai, I'll just have to kiss you." He said seriously. I gulped and shook my head. 

"No, no that's fine." I said shrinking in my seat. 

"Then call me Jongin oppa." He said. I sighed. 

"Jongin." I said. I am not calling him oppa. 

"You forgot the oppa." He said smiling. He just loves to see me powerless against him doesn't he.

"No oppa." I said. Jongin laughed and reached out his hand to my face. I gasped when he rubbed my cheek. 

"If you don't add oppa, then I'll still have to kiss you." He said. I widened my eyes and sat up straight. 

"Fine, Jongin oppa." I said forcing out the oppa part. 

"Now that wasn't so bad, was it?" He said chuckling. He removed his hand and put it back on the steering wheel. 

I sank back in my seat and looked out of the window. 

"Why did you lock us in there?" I asked. I heard Jongin sigh. 

"Will you believe me when I say I really didn't know I had the key?" He asked. I looked at him and frowned. How could he have not known?

"I don't believe that." I said. 

"Of course you don't." He said quietly. 

"Did you really not know?" I asked. 

"Obviously not." He said running a hand through his hair. 

"Fine." I said looking out of the window. I wasn't that mad anymore and I honestly found his company kind of nice. Not that I would ever admit it. 

"Fine as in you believe me?" He asked. I shrugged and looked out the window. Silence came over us and I closed my eyes ready to sleep. 

"Do you like Yongguk?" He asked after a while. I opened my eyes and looked at him and smiled. 

"He's so cute!! And omg he wants to do a duet with me!!!" I fangirled re-playing the moments he and I had during the concert and backstage. 

"OMG I forgot my rose!!!" I cried as I remembered it was still in the dance studio. Jongin chuckled. 

"A duet?" He asked. I pouted at my lost rose and then looked at him. 

"Yea, he suggested it." I said dreamily. Kai scoffed and looked at me. 

He didn't say anything and just looked back at the road as he gave me a piercing glare. I shut up and shrunk back in my chair. Is he angry? 

"You know it was actually helpful last night. The moves are kind of confusing. So thank you." I said. Jongin nodded and kept his eyes on the road. 

"Um... are you angry?" I asked as I saw him grip on the steering wheel. 

"Why would I be angry?" He asked. 

"Oh, I just thought you were." I said. He chuckled and looked at me. 

"Do you wanna do something later?" He asked. I looked at him questionably. 

"Don't we have practice today?" I asked. He nodded. 

"After that. We could do something." He suggested. I thought about it and shook my head. 

"We're recording tonight, for our new song." I said. He nodded and looked back at the road. 

"Ok." He said as he kept driving. I looked out the window and sighed. Why does he want to do something with me?

"Can I ask you something?" I asked Jongin. He nodded. 

"Why did you lie about knowing Julia?" I asked. It was in the back of my mind, and it really made me wonder why he would lie about not knowing her. 

"You know about that?" He chuckled. I nodded. 

"Aran mentioned it." I said. I left out the part about me asking first. 

"She's not important. She was just some fun if you know what I mean." He said smirking. I rolled my eyes. He is seriously such a . 

"You shouldn't categorize girls as "fun"." I scolded. He looked at me and laughed. 

"What should I categorize them as then?" He asked. I thought about it and shrugged. 

"You know, one day you might meet a girl who will not just be fun to you." I said sternly. He looked over at me. 

"And when will that be?" He asked. I shrugged. How am I supposed to know that?

"Just wait, and she will come." I said happily. 

"What if I already found her?" He asked. I looked over at him and blushed when he looked at me with such intensity. 

"Then I feel bad for her." I said. He chuckled and looked away. I sighed quietly. Is there a reason my heart is beating so fast?

"What about you? Have you found the one?" He asked. I thought about it and nodded. 

"Yongguk oppa's not so bad." I said dreamily. I would honestly die if he ever had feelings for me. 

"Wow." He said shaking his head. I looked out the window in wonder and sighed. 

"Ow." Jongin said quietly. I looked over and saw him holding his waist. 

"Are you ok?" I asked worriedly as I saw him start to turn pale. 

"Hold on." He said pulling the car to side. He got out of the car and threw up all over the road. I jumped out and ran over to him. I patted his back as I looked at him. 

"Jongin, are you ok?" I asked. I rubbed his back and held him to me as he threw up more. 

"Ugh what to do." I said to myself. I let go of him and went into the car and rummaged through his stuff. He has to have some tissues or water, or something. 

I finally found some water and I ran out and handed it to him. 

"It's ok." He said waving me off. A single tear came out of his eye as he tried to breath normally. I wiped it away with my finger and I rubbed his back more. 

"Jongin, are you really ok? If you're not I can take you to the doctor." I said. He shook his head and sighed. I handed him the water again and he gargled it before spitting it out. 

"Let's get back." He said about to sit back in the drivers seat. 

"Oh hell no!! You are not driving." I scolded as I grabbed him to the passengers seat. I settled him down and closed the door. I hoped into the drivers seat and started the car. 

"Jongin, are you ok?" I asked again. He put his head back and sighed. 

"Jongin, if you're not ok I can take you to the doctor." I said. He shook his head and put a hand over his eyes. 

"Just tell me what's wrong." I said going onto the highway. 

"Nothing." He said turning in his seat so he wasn't facing me. 

"Then just sleep." I said quietly. He moved around and got comfortable before dozing off. I could hear his light snores as he slept. I sighed and kept driving. Why won't he just tell me what's wrong? Does this have to do with those bruises I saw?

We made it back to Seoul and I sighed. Where am I gonna bring him? I shook him lightly and he sturred. 

"Wake up." I said. He groaned and coughed. Babo...

"Yea?" He asked quietly as he sat up.

"Where's your place?" I asked. He tapped on his gps and the voice instructed me over to his apartment. 

"Can I stay with you?" He asked quietly. I looked at him and shook my head. 

"No you can't." I said. He sighed and laid back. 

"Will you come back?" He asked. I looked at him. He looked like a lost puppy begging me to stay with him. What has gotten into him?

"I don't know." I sighed. 

"Please, I don't wanna be all alone." He begged. I looked at him and bit my lip. He was really sick. He looked pale and ready to pass out. I felt it was my responsibility to take care of him and I nodded. 

"I'll come back later." I said. I knew I had to talk over things with my unnies and my manager. They weren't gonna be so happy. 

"Fine." He said quietly. I wordlessly pulled up infront of his apartment building. 

"Go to the garage." He said putting a hand over his eyes. I pulled the car over to the garage and went in. 

"30A." He said. I looked at all the numbers as I passed them and found 30A. I parked in it and got out. I went to Jongin's side and I pulled him out. He slumped ontop of me. 

"You are really heavy." I commented. He groaned and put his head in my hair. I sighed. He's like a big baby. 

"How do we get in?" I asked. I've never been here before. Jongin lazily pointed to a sliding glass door and I tugged him over to it. He put a card in my hand and leaned on me. 

I pressed the card on some type of machine and the door opened. I walked with him and we stood infront of the elevator. 

"Which floor?" I asked as the elevator opened. 

"28." He breathed out. He smelled like vomit, maybe because there was some on his shoes. I nodded and clicked on #28. 

We descended up and I leaned Jongin on the wall. He whined and came back to me. I sighed. He really is like a baby, and other times he's the jerk of all jerks. 

"Stop grabbing on me like that." I said as the elevator dinged and we were on the 28th floor. I guided him out and I looked at the door. 

"1843." He said. I looked at the signs and walked to where his door was. I used the card and it opened. I gasped when we walked inside. It was huge. I jumped when a little brown dog came running over to Jongin and started whining. 

"Monggu." Jongin cooed. I looked at him as he bent down and patted the dog before getting up and leaning on me again. The dog looked at me questionably and I smiled at it. I love dogs. 

"Hi." I said. The dog barked at me and went to my feet before my pants. I giggled and picked him or her up. 

"You're so cute." I said. I rubbed his/ her fur and he/her my hand. 

"She likes you." Jongin said quietly. I smiled and cooed at the dog some more before putting her down. 

"Let's get you in bed." I said. 

"Over there." He said pointing to some stairs leading up to a second floor. This place really is huge. 

"You need to walk." I said to him as he leaned on me. There is no way I'm gonna be able to get him up the stairs like this. 

I leaded him up stairs while he was no help because he just kept leaning on me. I finally got him up the stairs and looked at all the doors. 

"That one." He said pointing to a room all the way in the back. I guided him to his room and opened the door. I sighed as I finally got him in bed and he fell asleep right away. Ugh, what am I gonna do with you? I tucked the sheets around him and looked at him. He really is a mess. Can't even take care of himself. 

My phone buzzed in my pocket and it was a message from Sarah. 

'Where are you? I'm about to call the cops if you don't come here soon.' She threatened I sighed and texted her back that I would be there soon. I wrote my phone number on a piece of paper and laid it on the desk next to Jongin. Just incase he needed something. 

I closed the door quietly but opened it again when Monggu came running and whined when she saw that the door was closed. I hurriedly walked out of his apartment and sighed. There was about 2 blocks of walking to my apartment. I ran all the way there and sighed when the warm blast of the lobby welcomed me. I went up to the apartment and opened the door. 

"OH HALLELUJAH THERE YOU ARE!!!!" Boza screamed getting off the couch. She ran towards me and pulled me over to the couch. 

 "YO IS THERE A REASON YOU'RE ALWAYS DISAPPEARING???!??!?!?!? Sarah cried. I sat down and sighed. 

They interrogated me for over 30 minutes. I didn't mention anything about Kai and how he got us stuck in the dance studio. I didn't mention how he got sick and was at home. I just said that I needed some breathing room and went to a friends apartment. I knew it was a lie and I hated to lie to them but if they knew about what really happened, they wouldn't let me live it down. 

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I picked it up. 

'I'm hungry.' The unknown number said. I could tell it was Kai and I sighed. 

'Just make something.' I texted back. 

'No, I want you to make something for me.' He replied. I frowned. 

'Don't be a baby, just make something. I can't come over now, I'll come tonight.' I replied. 

'Why tonight? Just come now.' He said. I sighed and thought about what to say.

'Look, I just have to take care of a few things and then I'll come and take care of you.' I replied. I bit my nails as I waited for his reply. 

'Take care of me now.' He replied. I chuckled as his babyness. 

'Just call one of your members to take care of you, or someone else.' I said. 

'No, I want you.' He replied. I blushed at how dirty that sounded and I sighed. 

'Kai, stop being a baby. Go make something, take some medicine, and sleep.' I replied. 

'Kai? I thought I warned you about calling me Kai.' He replied. I gulped and blushed. He wouldn't... would he?

'Sorry, Jongin. Ok? Just get some rest I'll come back later.' I said and turned off my phone. 

I had to go to the interview now, because my manager said that I would be late, so I had the interview rescheduled. 

...

I sighed as I finished the interview and made my way back to the apartment. I turned my phone back on and saw 3 missed messages from Jongin. I put his name as Jerk with an angry face and saved his contact. 

'I can't rest, I wanna eat.'

'Come make me something, and why is Monggu in my room?' 

'Answer meeee.'

Were the 3 messages and I rolled my eyes. Who knew he could act like such a baby. 

'Calm down, I'll be over soon. Monggu wanted to go in your room so I let her.' I replied. I waited for the car to stop infront of my apartment building and I sighed. I walked in and changed into more comfortable clothes of a sweater and some pants. I walked out of the building and walked to Jongin's apartment. I went into the front and walked into the evelator. I got a few curious looks from the women in the front but I ignored them. 

I walked over to Kai's door and knocked on it. The door opened to reveal a tired looking Kai. He let me in and closed the door, walking back to the kitchen. I followed him and looked at what he was doing. Is that supposed to be soup? 

"Here, let me." I said reaching over him and taking the spoon out of his hand. I tasted the soup and cringed. It tasted like feet and water. I dumped out the soup and started on a whole new bowl. I finished it in about 10 minutes and looked around for some bowls. I opened some of the cabinets and saw the bowls. On the top shelf. I jumped up to reach for them but my height wasn't helping. I stopped when I felt Kai press himself to my backside and he reached up for the bowls. 

"Thanks." I said awkwardly and walked back to the pot. I poured some soup into the bowl and set it on the table. 

"Did you throw up again?" I asked Jongin. He nodded and sat down. 

"Did you take medicine?" I asked. He shook his head in a no and I sighed. 

"Babo." I said quietly and went on my search to go find the medicine. I found some prescription medication and I looked at the bottle. What are these? 

They were snatched out of my hand and I jumped. I spun around and saw Kai putting them back in the drawer. 

"Don't touch those." He said. I frowned and looked at him. 

"What are those for?" I asked. 

"Nothing." He said walking away from me. 

"Jongin." I said softly grabbing his arm. 

"They're nothing ok." He said. I sighed and nodded. I'm not gonna ask. He'll tell me when he's ready to. 

"Did you finish the soup?" I asked rubbing his back. He nodded. 

"You should go rest." I said leading him back upstairs. I placed him on the bed and he sighed. I felt his forehead and pulled my hand back. He was burning up. 

"Hold on, let me get a cold cloth." I said getting a towel and putting some cold water on it. 

I came back in the room and slowly put it on his forehead. He sighed and cuddled to my side. I brushed his hair out of his eyes and sighed. What am I gonna do with him? 

"Why can't you take care of yourself?" I questioned quietly as he fell asleep. I sat there for an hour moving the towel around his forehead until his fever went down. 

'We missed our dance practice.' I thought as I looked at the time. It was already 7 at night. How did time go by that fast?

"You know you don't look like such a jerk when you sleep." I said softly brushing his hair to the side again. 

"Mmmm." Kai said putting an arm around my hip. I moved his hand back to his side but he just put it back again. I sighed and let him be. 

I started to feel drowsy as the days things got in my head and I bobbed my head up and down. I yawned and put my head on the headrest. 

'I'll just sleep for a few minutes.' I told myself.

I fell asleep and forgot about everything. Even the fact that I was starting to care for Jongin. Even a little.