22: Kris/Suho

50 Fanfic Prompts (EXO One-Shots)

Prompt: “One gets drunk and confesses via phone call”

Pairing: Kris/Suho

Words: ~1800


 

Joonmyun loves his quiet nights in. He likes to recline into the couch, drape his legs over the edge of the lounge chair, and fold himself into the crevices and folds until whoever walks through the front door has to do a double-take before they actually see him. He has a fiction novel in one hand and his phone sits just beyond his reach; on silent, of course. Joonmyun’s idea of a quiet night in is no nagging Kris, minimal contact with the outside world, a good book, and a bowl of pretzels balanced precariously on his stomach.

 

The room is dark, a reading light casting just enough light for Joonmyun to make out the words. He rests his head on a pillow and flicks forward a page. He shoves his free hand into the bowl and shovels a couple of pretzels into his mouth, crunching them laboriously as his eyes dart across the page behind his rounded reading spectacles.

 

He sighs in content, at the quiet, at the minimal freedom he’s been given. Chanyeol and Baekhyun dragged Jongin and Kyungsoo to karaoke (like they needed to do any more singing than they already did), and (luckily) Jongdae and Minseok were so enthralled with some god-awful movie that just came out that they’d gone to see it together a second time. The other members, Kris, Luhan, Tao and Lay, had all gone to some Chinese festival that Joonmyun didn’t care much for. All he knew was that there was a giant party, which meant loud music and booze, and he wasn’t interested in either of those things in the slightest.

 

A couple of hours later and Joonmyun’s still in the same position. He doesn’t expect anyone back soon (if they even come back at all), and he’s about twenty pages from the end of the book. He has the next one sitting in the kitchen; he’d planned to get up and go get a cup of tea when he finished the first so he could pick the other up as he went. Although he’s not particularly keen on having to get up, at least this way he doesn’t have to go far and can do two things at once.

 

To Joonmyun’s annoyance, however, his phone starts buzzing, sending vibrations through the fabric of the couch. He groans to the empty room and drops the now empty bowl and his book on the floor, slides off the couch, and picks up the phone.

 

“Hello?” he answers, barely concealing the annoyance in his tone.

 

“I ing love you!” a slurred, deep voice responds.

 

“What?” Joonmyun growls. If he was interrupted by one of Chanyeol’s stupid prank calls (once again)… A scowl crosses his face. If only he was taller and stronger, then he could grab that idiot by the ears and fling him out the window!

 

“You… I love you Suho, fine piece.”

 

The words are a little jumbled but Joonmyun’s sure he’s gotten the message. He rolls his eyes, grumbles a little, and drags himself into the kitchen. The idiot has got to be drunk, that’s the only explanation.

 

“Chanyeol, that better not be you,” he says, voice low and threatening.

 

“No, not Yeol,” comes the deep voice. “Kris. Suuuuper tall. Short Suho I love, also you love me maybe?”

 

Kris. Joonmyun raises an eyebrow in amusement. He puts the kettle on and tosses his phone on the counter, putting it on speaker. He goes through the refrigerator for a block of chocolate and pulls it out, before jumping up and sitting cross-legged on the kitchen bench. He peals the wrapping off the top of the block and sticks it in his mouth, biting off a piece and smirking. Boy, he’s going to have fun with this.

 

“So Kris, you’re in love with me?” he asks.

 

There’s a long pause on the other end, as Kris tries to formulate a coherent sentence in his drug-induced stupor. The kettle pings and Joonmyun makes a mug of tea, blowing gently as he waits for Kris’s response. Finally, Joonmyun hears what must be a snort in the background (probably Luhan) and a high-pitched giggle (most likely Tao), before Kris breathes heavily into the phone.

 

“Yeah I love Suho because… short but also nice … smart and so books reading much. Hot . Waaaaay sweet.”

 

“You like my ?” he asks, amused.

 

“Yeeeahh, great . So round and I wanna touch it!” Kris drawls, followed by another high-pitched giggle. Joonmyun tries his best to stifle his own laughter, almost slopping tea down his front.

 

“I think you’ve had a bit too much to drink, Kris,” he says, once he’s gained enough composure.

 

“Naaah, not so much. Maybe three? Don’t know, but not soooo much. I can still… oooh, maybe not. Dizzy when I stand up…”

 

“Sit back down then,” Joonmyun responds with an incredulous laugh. Luhan’s definitely put the work on Kris, knowing that the giant buffoon is such a lightweight. Three? Definitely more than three. Joonmyun smiles as he remembers just how long it took for Kris to get drunk at last year’s Christmas party, and that was an embarrassingly short amount of time.

 

“Do you looooove me Suho?”

 

Joonmyun almost laughs, but then his lips form a tight line. He never really gave much thought to how he felt about any of the members, especially not in that kind of way. They were all guys, and Joonmyun was sure he was into girls. But, now that he thinks about it… there’s always been an extra something with Kris. Yeah, Joonmyun had dated a girl or two before debut, but he was never really in love with them. He figured it was something that came with time. When he met Kris, however, there was something else going on in his mind that he’d never experienced before; something that intrigued and confused him, something that gave him carnal, physical urges. Joonmyun had always thought that was because he hadn’t been intimate with someone for months, and that his brain was playing tricks on him. Kris was a hot enough guy to have all the girls swooning, it was only logical that his ual deprivation spurted images of them doing dirty things together. Only natural, he supposed.

 

But did he love Kris?

 

“Hey Suuuhooo, helllooooo? Did you go away? Do you looove me?”

 

Joonmyun’s not sure how to respond, so he hangs up the phone and slides off the kitchen bench, tea quite forgotten. He walks into the bathroom, slams the door hard, and sits inside the shower cubicle, cold water rushing down his shoulders even though he’s still fully dressed. Could he be gay? He never really thought about it, believing he’d be straight because that’s what seems to be default. But now… he probably was, wasn’t he? What would the others think? What would his family think? He sits, thoughts wild and churning like a storm-driven open sea, before finally deciding to climb out and sulk in his room.

 

The next day a tense atmosphere permeates the apartment. Joonmyun remains sulking in his room and the other members slowly slide past, ignoring him in fear that he’ll snap at them. Finally, at about midday, there’s a loud knock at the door and a tall figure slides into the room, slinking across to the bed where Joonmyun has wrapped himself up in a tower of blankets. Kris sits on the edge of the bed and sighs, as Joonmyun peaks at him from under the covers.

 

“Look, I’m sorry about last night,” Kris says, and the tormented look in his eyes tells Joonmyun he means it. “What I said… I know I shouldn’t have said it. You probably hate me for it, right? But we have to still work together, I don’t want this to be awkward… and I’m sorry, so just forget about it, okay?”

 

“You’re in love with me?” Joonmyun breathes. It’s more of a statement than a question. A pained look crosses Kris’s eyes, and Joonmyun slowly nods to himself.

 

“You think I’m disgusting, right? Men shouldn’t love men. Even more disgusting that I love you, no doubt.” Kris looks like he’s about to burst into tears. Joonmyun’s heart flutters at the thought of Kris in so much distress. Kris’s voice takes on a frantic tone as he watches Joonmyun through tear-brimmed eyes; the shorter leader still hasn’t said a word.

 

“Look, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have drunk so much and I shouldn’t have called you. It’s my fault. Completely my fault. You can hate me, that’s fine…” Kris’s voice cracks slightly, and Joonmyun curls even tighter into his blankets. “But please, I don’t want this to ruin us, or this group. Even if you have to ignore me you need to work with me for the sake of the others.”

 

“I don’t hate you for it,” Joonmyun whispers. Kris looks at him incredulously.

 

“Of course you do, so many people do,” Kris responds, and now the tears that threatened to fall are tracing lines down his cheeks.

 

“I don’t,” Joonmyun repeats, watching Kris intently. “It just took me by surprise. I didn’t think… well…”

 

“You didn’t think I was gay?” Kris supplies.

 

“Yeah, that. Also…” Joonmyun’s fingers tighten around the sheets and he squeezes hard. He feels a trickle of something down his cheek and he realises that he’s crying too. Now or never, he thinks to himself.

 

“Kris, I think I’m gay.”

 

Joonmyun shuts his eyes tight and flinches as the word leaves his lips. He curls up tightly as Kris slowly wraps his long arms around him protectively.

 

“I didn’t think I was gay, I just assumed I wasn’t, you know, gay. I thought about it and I think I am. Besides, I’m not disgusted at you, and I don’t hate you at all… I just… well, I didn’t really know how I felt about you until you kind of forced me to.”

 

“I’m sorry,” Kris repeats, wiping his eyes.

 

“Don’t be sorry,” Joonmyun responds quickly, a tremor in his tone. He laughs a little and looks up at Kris, a small smile crossing his lips. He tugs Kris back into a hug and plants his lips firmly on Kris’s cheek. Kris gasps, and Joonmyun pulls away quickly.

 

“I suppose I just needed someone to open my eyes to it. I just never thought that my feelings towards you would be…”

 

“What?” Kris murmurs.

 

“Love.”

 

The pair becomes a tangle of limbs, as Joonmyun emerges from his blanket cocoon and Kris presses their bodies together, a flourish of lips upon lips as finally, the true feelings of both is fully realised. Joonmyun snuggles into Kris’s chest as their lips meet and their tears mingle on pristine white sheets.