A New Beginning

Until We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Who is this person? She thought. She was sitting on the ground with her arms wrapped around her legs and her head buried on her knees. Despite everything, she was still crying. Soo In felt the boy sit down next to her as he let out a deep sigh.

"I guess life can be hard for you royalties too huh?" She heard the boy ask, laughing at the term he used to describe wealthy people.

"What would you know?" Soo In was still very upset and took it out on the poor guy.

"I guess you're right. When you're not living in luxury you get used to the hard life." For some reason Soo In felt a similarity between them, like as if he always kept his feelings hidden from others, like he had had enough of whatever crappy life he lived.

"Is it really hard? Your life that is." It wasn't any of her business, but she just wanted to ask.

"I wouldn't call it easy, but it's been like this for as long as I can remember." The boy said, now standing up and dusting off the dirt on his pants. The whole time Soo In still had her face buried on her knees so she never got a glimpse of his face.

"Bye then..." The boy left. She didn't even know the guy's name. As shallow as it sounded, that was the first normal person she had ever spoken with. But his words helped her realize something. Nothing would get better if she ran away from reality, she had to face it. She was not giving up without a fight.

She headed back home.

***

"Father... I'll move schools, I'm prepared for change. I think" Soo In regretted what she said immediately. But she had made a choice. How bad could it be? She thought.
"I'm glad you understand." The girl walked out of her father's office and into her room. She felt different for some reason, like as if something in her was changing. She didn't want to change at the time,she wanted something from her life to stay the same. But she couldn't stop thinking about the boy earlier. That was very unusual of her, thinking about someone she had just met, heck, she new nothing about the guy. The only person she ever really thought about and cared for other than her family was Oh Sehun, but he was history. Soo In decided to make a pact with herself: 1.She would not show any weakness. 2.She would never let anybody step over her 3.She would never ever fall in love seriously again.

All of these things would make her stronger and help her with her new life and she would always and forever fulfill them. She finished her list, and fell asleep.

***

As the sun came up and shone on Soo In's face, she opened her eyes slightly. She sat up while yawning and actually felt quite calm. When she opened her eyes completely, she noticed someone sitting on her bed and let out a loud scream.

"Noona! Calm down it's just me." She heard Chan say while hitting him with her pillow.

"Yah! Why were you just sitting there?" Soo In actually really loved her younger brother, so she was never really harsh on him.

"Sorry, I just came to tell you that if you don't want to be late for your last day at your old school, you should hurry up. Father said you have to go." School? I still have to go to school? I have to face everybody? She had't thought about that, about how she would face everybody, how she would face Minah and Hana. She just thought she would leave without a word.

"But why? And what about you?" Soo In felt sorry for her brother, having to say goodbye to his friends and moving schools just like that, it must have been hard for him.

"Father didn't say, but he said we must not miss our last day." The boy shrugged with a blank expression on his face.

"Should I take you?" Soo In had never gotten to drive her brother anywhere.

"No it's okay, mother said she would take me and that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter