Buried Memories

Until We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soo In sat there on her bed with her arms wrapped around her legs and her head buried on her knees. She couldn't even sleep. After her chat with her supposed father, she couldn't stop speculating. If he's not my father does that mean my mother had an affair? Or am I adopted? Or did my real father die before I was born? Did my mother remarry after that? But she had told me she had me after two years of marriage... Just what is the truth?! Ugh!  She grunted. All of these thoughts brought back a hidden memory, it was blurry, and she couldn't make out what they were saying, but Soo In remembered herself crying, and some men taking a woman away by force. The girl could never recover her memories of the day of the accident, only incomplete pieces in nightmares, but that was it, until now. 

After remembering her dreams and gaining that new memory she felt a shock of pain on her head, it felt like it was about to explode. Aish! Just what was happening to her? She couldn't go to her parents for help, she didn't feel like speaking to them ever again, and Chan wouldn't understand, it was better if he didn't find out. Umma... I need you... What do I do? And just like that, Soo In silently cried herself to sleep.

"Umma... Umma!" Young Soo In call but no answer. She was lying on the ground next to the crushed car, full of blood and she couldn't feel her legs.

"S-Soo In-ah..." She heard her mother call her name from inside the car. After a few minutes, two men approached the vehicle her mother was in. One of the men noticed Soo In on the ground.

"Hyung! Help me over here, let's get this woman out." The other man said.

"Yeah yeah." He went to the side of the drivers seat, the door was crushed but they managed to open it. They tried to get the woman out but the seat belt was stuck. After a while Soo In began to feel her legs and could move them. 

"Aish! It wont budge. How will we get rid of this woman?" 

"Don't worry hyung, the police wont find out, just look for a knife or something." The younger man said as  he kept trying to loosen up the seat belt. He stopped when he heard the woman mutter something. Is she alive?

Soo In struggled to get up and winced in pain, her left arm was full of ugly cuts, and her right shoulder was dislocated. After a while she managed to get up. The girl met eyes with her mother, she was alive. Young Soo In noticed the woman move her lips and tried to make out what she was saying.

"What did you say lady?!" The man shouted, frustrated. "Hyung I think she's not dead yet."

"What about the girl?" The older man asked.

"Soo In-ah, run!" The woman managed to scream.

"U-Umma!" She didn't want to leave her mother behind, why would she run?

"Run Soo In, please!" She noticed the look in her eyes, she was really desperate. As much as Soo In didn't want to, she obeyed her mother and ran, limping and feeling more numb at the second.

"That little- What are you doing?! Go after her!" The older man shouted angrily at the younger one. The latter obeyed and ran after Soo In. As Soo In looked back she noticed she was being followed, but a few seconds later, there was an explosion.

"Umma!" Soo In sat up gasping. Was that another dream? A memory? It was different... What's wrong with me really? She winced from the pain in her head. The headache was still going strong and it was already morning. She looked to her side and saw Chan still sleeping. Guess everyone's sleeping in. It was the weekend, so that meant no school, and no work for her father, he was beginning a new business, Soo In was going to help, but now that she hated him for lying, she wasn't planning on it. The girl decided to go out and clear her mind a bit. Everything that came at her all at once, it was too much. The secrets, the lies, the new memories, hallucinations, dreams... Whatever they were, she just needed to clear her mind and get rid of her head ache. 

Soo In put on a black hoodie with a red cardigan on top of it and her black glasses, it was sunny but windy outside and the sun would just make her head hurt even more.

As she walked out of the apartment, she decided to call Suzy, at that moment, she just didn't want to be alone either. Suzy would help take her mind away from everything.

"Yo' wassup new girl."

Soo In giggled at the way she answered her phone. "Why do you answer the phone like a gangster?"

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing. So hey you want to hang out or something?"

"Uh... Are you sure about that? You  sound a little out of it."

"Of course I'm sure, why would I call you if I wasn't sure?"

"Okay okay geez. What do you wanna do?"

"Mmm... Just meet me at the cafe nearby."

"No way! That place is too cutesy, it makes me sick."

"Oh, don't be a baby. Just come on,  pleas~"

"Yeah yeah I'll come."

"Bye~" As Soo In hung up she felt the throbbing pain once again. I better stop at the drug store on my way.

***

"Yo'" Suzy waved at Soo In and sat at the empty chair in front of her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter