Secrets

Until We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin noticed Byul standing by herself in front of the alley that led to her house. He immediately approached her and crouched down to meet her height.

"What's going on Byul?" He asked, putting his hand on the girl's shoulder to keep her calm.

"Oppa... Appa... Unnie... He has a gun." Byul said, trying not to panic.

"Wait, who? Who has a gun?!" Jin asked desperately.

"A-appa he had a gun nearby, I forgot to tell unnie, she just went in there." The girl said looking worried. Jin realized the situation and quickly ran to the house, Byul following from behind.

As they reached the end of the alley, there was a sound of a bottle breaking, and then a gun shooting.

 

*In the house*

Soo In was successfully sneaking behind the man, tightening her grip on the bottle with every step she took. Just as the man was about to press on the trigger, Soo In tripped causing her to drop the bottle. Startled from the sound of breaking glass, the man turned around and shot the gun. Taehyung, who had just been standing there, picked up a nearby lamp and smashed it on his father's head, casing him to fall on the ground, unconsious. After that, he ran towards Soo In who was holding her arm because of the pain, and then her head began to hurt. That night could be the worst night she had ever had, heck, it was. She always found herself in some kind of trouble when Taehyung was involved, and yet, she still felt the need to meddle.

Police sirens could be heard from afar, just as Jin came running into the house.

***

As Soo In opened her eyes, she noticed blurry silouetes hovering over her.

"Soo In ah are you okay?" A woman with a familiar voice asked.

"Noona who did this to you?" Chan asked furious.

"Huh? Who did what? Where... Where am I?" Soo In asked, drowsy from the anesthesia, she had no idea where she was and what had happened. Her body was heavy and numb, and surprisingly, her head didn't hurt anymore, was it the end of the memories?

"Soo In, you don't remember what happened at all?" Baekhyun asked, looking at her in doubt.

She felt the numbness fade away and pain shot through her left arm. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, and then she remembered. Once again she was in the hospital because of Kim Taehyung. "Do you know what happened?" The girl hoped they hadn't found out about it yet, or at least completely. 

"The doctor told us you were shot, though he didn't know where or why, a boy brought you in." Mrs. Jung said. A boy? Was it Taehyung?

"Do you remember anything now?"Baekhyun asked.

"I uh, no." Soo In answered trying not to give away that she was lying.

Baekhyun stared attentively at Soo In, as if expecting her to say something else. He gave up and sighed. 

"Chan, mother, please can you give us a moment?" The young man looked over at the two. Mrs.Jung wouldn't get the clue, but Chan did and pulled her out of the room. Baekhyun focused his eyes on Soo In once again. "Now tell me what happened."

The girl adverted her eyes and avoided the topic." I don't know what you're talking about."

"Jung Soo In, I left you on your own trusting that you wouldn't get into any more trouble. Why are you doing this?"He shot a serious look at Soo In, who just sat there with a blank expression.

She sighed. "I was at someone's house. The person's father was really angry and his... or her little sister was very scared. I was stupid enough to think I could help. His... or her father had a gun." Baekhyun's eyes widened and he scoffed in disbelief. "I thought I was helping a friend." Soo In lowered her head.

"And who is this friend you speak of? Was it him? Was it that-" He was interrupted by the sound of the door being slammed open. Soo In was shocked by the sudden appearance. It was Taehyung, wearing a hospital gown and panting as if he had just run a marathon." It was because of him was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter