Baby, you're a Firework.

Condragulations

Chanyeol woke up the next morning more gleeful than usual. His heart was thumping, his feet were pouncing, and his mind was filled with positive vibes. He's never experienced a better shower in his life and his hair was actually cooperating with him today.  The weather outside was too humid (but that's typical for North Carolina), which caused him to wrap his favorite flannel around his waist and opt for a white tank top instead. Keeping with the theme of Independence Day, Chanyeol decided to wear his bright red converses and dark blue skinny jeans.

"Is this even good enough for him?" Chanyeol kept staring at himself in the mirror, twisting to the side to make sure his outfit was on-point. He kept staring at his arms, picking at the lankiness of them. The boy always knew that he wasn't the most muscular guy around, but sometimes he wished he had more than just skin and bone. He pushed his hair to the side, then back, then eventually teasing it up into a messy just-got-up look. Chanyeol kept staring at himself, thinking that just something was missing. He looked all over his bathroom and bedroom, his eyes lighting up at exactly what he needed to finish his look.

**

Baekhyun didn't imagine to be as stressed out as he is now. His clothes won't dry fast enough, his lipstick bullets keep breaking on him, and eyes keep watering. Luhan hasn't even arrived to his apartment yet (which isn't his main concern) and his favorite wig doesn't want to be styled. He wanted to be able to look great today and feel at ease today, but this whole process doesn't seem like it'll be worth it right now. Baekhyun dropped his head into his arms, defeated at his own challenge.

"Someone's looking like they woke up on the wrong side of the bed." Baekhyun's head perked up, quickly turning around to see his drag mother leaning against the doorframe.

"How do you get so gorgeous!?" Baekhyun stooped himself out of the chair and walked over to hug Luhan. He pulled back and stared at him, looking at the flawess work of Princess. Long auburn locks, crisp green eyes, a nose for the Gods. Her outfit was a hip-hugging American Flag dress and white pumps, something only she could pull off without having to add in the foam and chest plate.

"It took me about three hours this morning." Princess ruffled Baekhyun's hair, batting her long fake lashes at him. "When is Sunshine gonna come out? I haven't seen her in a while!" Princess whined, stomping her foot down.

"I have no idea, honestly. My clothes are still in the dryer, none of my makeup skills are working today!" Baekhyun rubbed his temples, squinting his eyes in stress. "I just wanna look good." Princess didn't seem impressed.

"Excuses are for losers, sweetheart. Come here." Princess set Baekhyun down at the vanity, starting to do his makeup. "I'll make you look great. A mother always needs to be there when her daughter is in trouble."

**

After four pairs of fake lashes and a full bottle of hairspray, Princess finally finished her work on Baekhyun, turning her into a soft and simple Sunshine. Her lids sparkled with a faint opal glitter, her nose lightly contoured, and her eyebrows arching for the sky. The two of them opted on not putting a wig on her, only instead teasing it into a quiff. She decided to wear grey high-waisted acid wash jeans and a white crop top (saving her body pieces for the true drag show).

"My masterpiece!" Princess kissed Sunshine on the forehead, pulling her outside onto the terrace.

The two of them sat on the run-down wooden bench, sharing the local gossip and watching people walking below on the cobblestone streets. Street lights just started to come on and the noise of local concerts were increasing. Sunshine just sat there and enjoyed her time with her drag mother, living in the moment.

"Aye!" Sunshine and Princess stood up from the bench, looking over the iron work fencing. Princess was absolutely confused at the situation, but Sunshine's eyes lit up at the person shouting. "I brought burgers!" Sunshine waved her hand for the other to come up, immediately running towards the door.

"Who in the hell~" Princess stood on the terrace, pulling out a cigarette to smoke on. She saw her daughter return to the area, pulling the Empire State Building behind her.

"Princess! Meet Chanyeol!" Chanyeol just stood there wide-eyed, his gaze changing between Sunshine and Princess. Princess blew out her smoke towards the side, putting out the cigarette and then tossing it to who-knows-where.

"Uhm, Hi!" Chanyeol waved awkwardly at Princess, flashing a bright smile. Princess walked up to the taller male, looking him up and down. Her face was unimpressed, but it sooned softened. She wrapped her arms around his waist, giving him a small hug.

"Hello there~" Princess said, pulling Chanyeol down to whisper into his ear. "Hurt my daughter, and I'll make sure you live a miserable life." Princess gave him a broad smile, pinching his . "You have a cute !" Princess sat down on the bench again, looking at the two in front of her.

"Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!" Sunshine whined and crossed her arms, her face turning completely red. "Don't make him uncomfortable." Chanyeol let out a loud laugh, wrapping his arm across Sunshine's shoulders and chest.

"So, how come you get to look really pretty and I have to sit here in boring clothes?" Chanyeol questioned, pulling at Sunshine's crop top. "And how come you didn't tell me you were dressing up?"

"Well," Sunshine rubbed the back of her neck squirming at Chanyeol's pulling. "I wanted to surprise you?" She flashed an awkward smile, causing Chanyeol's stomach to explode into a swarm of moths (because butterflies are elegant and pretty; moths run into everything, just like Chanyeol).

"You just sure know how to make your guests feel bad. I brought these delicious burgers and you two ladies are looking absolutely ravishing. I don't want y'all to get a stain or make a mess." Chanyeol pulled the to-go cases out the bag, opening it up to reveal five burgers and at least a twenty dollar order of french fries. Sunshine pouted at him, pushing him out of the way of food.

"We may be fabulous, but honey, a gotta eat." She stuffed the burger into , Princess soon following behind with french fries. Chanyeol looked at the two, shock covered on his face.

"If you're going to eat it all, you better help pay for it!" Chanyeol stomped down his foot, sitting on the bench with his legs crossed.

Chanyeol soon learned that the sweet little Baekhyun that he met in the local Sephora store is an overly-gay, overly-thrilled, and overly-dressed up drag queen. The sight of seeing Baekhyun, ahem Sunshine, with her drag mother makes his heart feel at ease~She looks so stress-free and tranquil with herself. They shared small talk with each other, mostly trying to convince Princess to buy some alcohol to make a couple drinks.

"Mom, seriously," Sunshine spoke up. "We're big kids. We don't need your supervision!"

"I don't care." Princess replied snarkily. "I'm not leaving my daughter alone with a boy I barely know, nonetheless eventually buying alcohol for you two to consume." Sunshine threw her hands up in defeat, Chanyeol leaning against the fencing (he stood the whole time everyone was talking, not wanting the ladies to have to stand while he's sitting) laughing at the mother-daughter duo.

"He has a girlfriend anyway, not like he's going to try anything." Sunshine lowered her voice, turning her head so her gaze doesn't have to look at anyone. Princess threw a death glare towards Chanyeol, but Chanyeol takes several minutes before his mind actually registers what Sunshine said.

"Oh!" The other two looked to Chanyeol, Sunshine's face changing a whole 180 degrees. "I don't have a girlfriend. I just needed a cover up tbh." Chanyeol actually said t-b-h.

"Wait, you said you had a girlfriend when you were talking to me at the store. That was a lie?" Sunshine doesn't know whether or not to be angry at Chanyeol; He's happy the boy is single, but he's upset that he lied to him.

"Yeah." Chanyeol's shoulders slouched, his bright smile turning sour. "I guess you can call me an in-the-closet guy." Princess let out a loud laugh, Chanyeol and Sunshine both taken aback by her outburst.

"Judging on your outift, your closet must have came from thrift shops and Target. I would've left that years ago." Everyone started to laugh at the comment, Chanyeol smacking his teeth at Princess.

"For your information, I bought these online. Twelve bucks, including shipping." Chanyeol said.

"Still." Princess rolled her eyes, getting up to leave. "You lied to my daughter. The least you could is apologize." Chanyeol nodded his head at her, Sunshine continuously grunting at her mother's jabbers. "I need to get going. Jongin decided now would be a good time to up when dying his pubes." Everyone started to laugh then. "Plus, I need to untuck," She looked down at herself, admiring fearfully her work of art. "But I'm scared my pubes will rip out. Nice meeting you Chanyeol." And with that note, Princess left, leaving Sunshine and Chanyeol alone.

The atmosphere wasn't awkward at all. The two of them sat on the bench together, silently enjoying the downtown crowd and the parade that just finished. It was dark now, everyone in the streets gathering to watch the fireworks.

"Hey," Chanyeol turned to Sunshine, looking him in eyes. "Sorry about lying to you. I at being gay, honestly." He rubbed the back of his neck, trying to hide his face from her.

"Don't worry about it." Sunshine hugged Chanyeol, causing the other to freeze up at the touch.

The sound of the first firework going off both grabbed their attention. They stood up and leaned over the fence, watching the bursts of color cover the sky. The concerts started to play the national anthem in the background, soldiers standing at-guard to help represent the proud military town. Sunshine watched in awestruck, jumping at the really loud fireworks that seemed to cause the whole city to shake. Chanyeol only watched the first ten minutes of the show, finding that the person next to him is a much better view to see. The finale was nearing, so Chanyeol pulled out his Iphone to record them two together. He took video of the fireworks and then took video of Sunshine, grabbing the fantastic smile she showed whenever the last firework went off.

"Yah!" Sunshine took the Iphone from Chanyeol, threatening to delete the video. "I look so baaaaaaaaaaaaad! Stoooooooop!" Chanyeol used his long arms to grab the phone out of his hand, saving the video.

"I think you look beautiful." Chanyeol hugged Sunshine from behind, placing his chin on her head. The sounds of sirens and car horns went off in the background, signlaling that it's time for everyone to return home. "I think that I should get going." Chanyeol let out of the embrace, the both of them feeling empty without the warmth of the other person.

"But Chanyeol," Sunshine put her head down, trying to do some kind of innocent aegyo. "I don't wanna be alone~" She made her eyes go ulzzang and pouted her lips, making Chanyeol's whole entire body turn a deep shade of red.

"Uhm," He scratched the back of his neck, not really wanting to leave either. "I need to update my blog though, and my desktop is at home."

"I have a laptop you can use!"

"Really?" Sunshine nodded at him, their eyes both lighting up. "I feel like an intruder, I'm always in your house!" Sunshine laughed and walked inside, Chanyeol following behind her.

"Well be an intruder all you want, I don't care." Sunshine took off the heels that she was wearing, sighing at the relief. "My laptop is in the shelf next to the tv, knock yourself out."

"Is there a password?" Chanyeol asked.

"No!" Sunshine shouted from across the apartment. "I'll be in the shower, if you need makeup remover, it's in the middle drawer of the vanity!" She closed the door to the bathroom, Chanyeol hearing the faucet turn on.

Chanyeol smiled, touching the smudged eyeliner that was on his eyes.


wow 2k words this chapter will definitely be one of the longest idk if you guys like long or not but i just got carried away it's cute i guess i needed chanyeol to meet sunshine and princess somehow or another.

if you get confused Sunshine = Baekhyun and Princess = Luhan. i'll be referring to them by their drag names whenever they're in drag because it's just more respectful and if they're going to do all the work to get in drag the least you could do is call them by the preferred name. when they're not in drag i'll be using their normal names.

i hope you guys like it this took me forever to write i may write again today if i do i may update bc wow im on a roll okay subscribe upvote comment enjoy okay byeeee.