Tell me, Where does the Sun Shine?

Condragulations

Baekhyun knew his apartment wouldn't be anything to impress Chanyeol. The two bedroom, two bath apartment was accomadated to fit a single guy, maybe suitable for a roomie (if only that was the case, Baekhyun turned the second bedroom into his personal-extravaganza). Dark hardwood flooring plastered the floor, scratches noticeable in every nook and cranny. Bare walls stranded by isolated LED lights and cute kitchen (let alone the pile of dishes).

Chanyeol thought of the apartment as rather Baekhyun. The little bit he knew of the other male seemingly wasn't much, but it was enough to tell that Baekhyun probably only stays here for about 20% of his day (to sleep, eat, and shower pretty much). Baekhyun walked in frivously, kicking off his shoes at the door, Chanyeol doing the same. Baekhyun jumped over onto his loveseat, not really caring that he was creasing the expensive leather. Chanyeol just stood by the door, staring at the shoe rack near the door.

"Um," Chanyeol spoke up quietly, Baekhyun turning his attention towards him. "What are thooooooooose?" Chanyeol pointed at the pink-glitter pumps, trying not to laugh his own ridiculous joke that he ripped the internet. Baekhyun laughed, motioning for Chanyeol to sit with him.

"Those are my pretty-princess pumps. Triple P, I like to call them." Baekhyun shift his gaze at the the other pairs of heels sitting on the rack. "A pair of LV, some Gucci, Prada. They're known for bags. but the shoes are cute and fit my dainty feet." By now, Chanyeol sat on the opposite side of the couch, following Baekhyun's wording about the fashion must-haves.

"So, instead of spending your money on more furniture, wall hangings, and a decent house, you spend it on fashion?" Chanyeol questions, almost a hysterical tone coming from his voice.

"If you don't like it, get out." Baekhyun shrugs at him. "I'm a single man that's constantly at work or at work. I don't cater to having a home that's HGTV suitable."

"Damn, someone who's so bubbly in the store gets so defensive in his own home." Chanyeol is almost taken aback by his sudden remark. "I didn't mean to offend you."

"You got your life, I have mine. I would set up roses and a candlelit dinner for the two of us, but that's not my style." Baekhyun ran his fingers through his hair, ing the top three buttons on his shirt. He could feel Chanyeol's gaze on him, leaving him to smirk at him. "So you nearly insult me, only to then stare at me trying to relax? You must not know much about staying in someone's house."

"I really don't." Chanyeol rubbed the back of his neck, a small blush creeping onto his cheeks. "I never been so openly invited into someone's house, how can I remember to use my manners? I barely remember to flush the toilet."

"You must also forget to take off eyeliner." Baekhyun inches his face closer to Chanyeol's, his eyes squinting at the smudged product on the upper lids. "And it's evident you've had surgery to obtain those lids. I've seen better work from a monkey." Baekhyun snickers under his breath, getting up and walking down the hallway.

"Someone's observant." Chanyeol muttered under his breath, following behind Baekhyun. "I paid a grand to get them done, can't get much done when it's done in Tijuana." He rolled his eyes, leaning against the not-so-cracked door frame.

Chanyeol just stood at the door whilst Baekhyun looked through several different drawers and shelves of the room. This was Baekhyun's favorite room in the whole apartment, maybe the whole building if it wasn't for his well-treasured Sephora encasing some products he doesn't own. IKEA dressers filled with single shadows, loose glitters, and facial press-powders; Clear cases embodied with every lip product and mascaras imagineable. Makeup tools and brushes stood proud in several mason jars, nail polishes displayed against the wall. The sight didn't hinder Chanyeol's interest at all, seeing as he was looking into Baekhyun's personal wonderland.

"Looking for something?" Chanyeol decided to step foot into the room, haphazardly looking at everything in what should be the master bedroom. He took slight notice of the creaked open closet, a ruffled pearl ballgown puffing out from the side. He knew that he had terrible eyesight for a 22 year old, but it was obvious that a platinum blonde wig, perfectly styled in an updo with glitter and bows, was sitting upon the brightly lit vanity.  Chanyeol wasn't surprised at all about the makeup, but wigs and dresses?

"Yeah," Baekhyun ruffled through the bottom drawer of the middle dresser (there's a stack of three on top of each other, literally touching bottom to top.) before eventually turning to the middle drawer of his vanity. He scrolled his eyes through the removal products, soon later picking out a drug-store makeup wipe. "Come here and crouch down, Mr. NBA." He walked over to Baekhyun, ducking down in front of him. Baekhyun forcily wiped the product off of Chanyeol's eyes, leaving the taller crying in pain.

"Why are you so forceful! I'm older than you, why can't you have respect for your hyung!" Chanyeol screeched, rubbing his eyes constantly, trying to get rid of the after-removal pain.

"I'm 23, for your information." Baekhyun sat down in his swviling vanity chair, kicking his feet around since they barely touch the floor. "Are you always like this? Unknowing to your surroundings?" Baekhyun asked, cocking his head towards Chanyeol.

"Look," Chanyeol tried to stand his ground, making eye contact with Baekhyun and creating the perfect cringe-blink-cry trifecta. Baekhyun let out a large laugh, his smile stretching from ear to ear. For some reason, seeing him laughing and clutching his stomach in humourous pain, that caused him to burst into a pit of laughter too.

"Don't," laugh "Say" laugh again "Look." when will they stop?

"Why," laugh and then a snort. "Not?"

"Because you're blinking so much, saying 'Look' is an oxymoron to you." Of course Baekhyun would calm down enough to say that, only to recieve a hit from Chanyeol and more laughter.

The two of them remained sitting in the flazéda of a room (Baekhyun in his chair, Chanyeol on the floor), sharing interests with each other and scanning through multiple makeup products. Chanyeol eventually apologized to Baekhyun for assuming that he was the younger one, and Baekhyun apologized for being a snappy host towards his guest.

"So, you're an awkward, and rather lanky, vlogger with a visual arts degree living in the hood-of-Fayetteville that got his double lids done in Tijuana? I don't know whether to say congrats or damn." Baekhyun kicked his feet towards Chanyeol, only to see the younger dodged them and whisper 'yeet' under his breath.

"And you're a makeup store owner with a barren apartment and a room filled with products that should be techincally limited to women? Looks like we're both pretty strange." Chanyeol gave a small smile, batting his Tijuana-made eyes at Baekhyun. Baekhyun put his head down to the side, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yeah, sorry about everything in here. I guess you can say I'm feminine." Baekhyun's voice got quiet, the atmosphere going from joyous to sullen. Chanyeol scooted himself closer to Baekhyun, placing his head on the older's knee.

"It's not a bad thing!" Chanyeol flashed him a wide grin, Baekhyun crinkling nose at how creepy his face looks. "It's who you are, you shouldn't be ashamed." Chanyeol checked the time on his phone, sighing at the fact that the sun was gonna rise in about another hour. "You know, we've talked all this time and you never made me food, how mean of you." Chanyeol stuck his tongue out at Baekhyun, the two of them standing up from their positions.

"My bad about that." Baekhyun stretched out his back, cracking his knuckles to relieve some kinks. "Tomorrow is the Fourth of July. Come back and I'll make you burgers and introduce you to some new people." Chanyeol gasped, faking his surprise at Baekhyun.

"Oh my god, you know people? Other than me?! I don't know whether or not to feel offended!" He walked to the front door, Baekhyun motioning for him to walk through the back door of the store to leave.

"Well I think you'll like Sunshine and Princess. They're quite the delight."


hahaha sorry i at updating i got tired of being called nugget by my sister so i finally updated im shocked that this is like even 1400 words i guess i really needed to write but i think this is an okay chapter??? lmao im not gonna have him move in like every other baekyeol fic (even tho those are the best sigh) but they'll see each other a lot. the next chapter is kinda filler but the plot development in it will definitely be noticeable hopefully so yeah comment subscribe enjoy again sorry for the long await ily all thanks again okay byeeeeeee ♥♥

did yall get my Pearl reference btw? if you watch Rupaul's Drag Race season 7 you'll know.

flazéda