The First Glance

Room 101 - Love Consultant

Onew threw a wrapper into the trashcan as he passed a bulletin board.

"Wait hold on. Let me check my test results from last time before we go to Miss LC's room." Key halted in his scamper, and reversed back in front of the bulletin board.

"Man, you're always within the top 80s, that's pretty good. Why do you need to check that stuff anyways?" Onew grumbled and he gulped down a grape juice box.

Jonghyun took a quick glimpse while Key scoffed.

Kim Taeyeon... Kim Taeyeon..

The single name popped out to him like a flashlight and he subconsciously grinned.

15th... So smart and so pretty. She's perfect in every way.

"Why are you grinning like that? What place are you?" Onew sparked sudden interest which had Jonghyun diverting his gaze and search for his own name.

"Oh, uh. I'm..." Jonghyun squinted, trying to find his name.

"Jonghyun's 200th and Onew's 405th, HAHA." Key laughed, "I beat you guys again, I'm 76th."

"I'm average, you just study too hard." Onew peered at Key with annoyance before sipping the remainder of his juice.

"Considering how much Key studies, the top 10 people are amazing." Jonghyun pointed out, unable to even imagine his scores being in the top 50s.

"Top 10, how about first place? I study during home like crazy, and look at that." Key pouted enviously at the name plastered at the very top.

Lee Ji Eun.

"Well, I mean, all she does is study." Jonghyun shrugged.

"But she doesn't actually seem to stress over it. That's what I'm so jealous about." Key huffed, swiftly turning away from the bulletin, "Let's go! Time to see the origin of those rumors."

"He's just grumpy." Onew snickered before tossing his juice carton into the recycle bin.

 

"Bud whuddubou da seguridy gad?"

"Don't talk with your mouth full, that's disgusting."

".....Sorry."

Onew wiped the remaining bread crumbs off onto his hands, which he then proceeded to wipe onto his pants.

"What were you even saying?" Jonghyun watched his friend with amusement, a half grin creeping on his face.

"I was saying," Onew smacked his lips before continuing, "But what about the security guard? Isn't he going to chase us out or something for wandering around the school just for a stupid reason like this?"

"Nah, it'll be over in a jiffy." Key waved his hands, shaking his head.

"We're not talking to Miss LC?" Jonghyun spoke up, throwing away his sandwich wrapper into a trash bin before running up to catch up.

"No, she's not here right now. What did I just tell you?" Key huffed with annoyance.

"Right, afternoon. Club hours." Jonghyun snapped his fingers, scrunching his nose at Key.

"I kind of want to see these post its. Wonder what Miss LC wrote in response. Maybe I could take some advice from her too, not that I really need it or anything." Onew pulled out another bread wrap from his pocket, shaking the wrapper before unpeeling it.

"Dude, again? How much can you fit in that stomach?" Jonghyun said exasperatedly and Key made a disgusted face before quickly looking away.

"Oh c'mon, you guys ate like," Onew took a bite out of his pizza bread, "Two breads."

Key swiveled around the corner before shooting Onew a look of disbelief, disgust and annoyance.

"That's your fifth one!"

 

"Here it is the legendary room of The Love Consultant." Key spread out his arms as if presenting a treasure, and Jonghyun could almost hear the wedding bells ring and angel choir sing as his mind wandered off to the fantasy that there might be a chance with him and his precious-

"Lameeee."

Jonghyun involuntarily shot a glare at Onew who was now scrunching over due to one too many pizza breads.

"Yeah, I guess. It's not shiny or anything. It literally is just a door cluttered with post its." Key stood back and nodded after a few moments, agreeing with Onew's rather rude comment.

Jonghyun glanced at the door, and inspected it.

True, it wasn't anything fancy as he thought it would be.

Rather, it looked truthfully abandoned. The door was painted mahogany brown just like the other classroom doors unlike the colorfully stickered club rooms. Unlike other clubs which had posters for their upcoming events, schedules of club activities, and list of club members, this door had only three attributes that actually made it different from just another storage room.

The room's nameplate had a single piece of carefully printed and placed paper, titled "Room 101".

Directly under the nameplate was a painfully plain handwritten letter.

Room 101 - Love Consultant

Available during club hours every afternoon.

Check a day after you have consulted indirectly with the LC, there will be a note for you on the door.

Take it when you read it.

For those who expect to consult directly with the LC :

Don't come to me with a petty case.

Give me something interesting and actually worthwhile.

"Wow." Jonghyun raised a brow in awe.

"Quite the cocky consultant isn't she?" Key rubbed his chin, walking closer.

Jonghyun also followed, examining the post its.

They all had the same curious handwriting. It wasn't chubby and girly like most girl's handwritings but it was more lean and more mature in a way. The post its were plastered neatly, each and everyone plastered firmly on the door in rows and columns as if on an imaginary grid.

Some spaces where there should have been post its were empty.

"I'm guessing these people got their advice." Jonghyun peered curiously at the notes, reading them one by one.

"I'm more suprised by the fact that she gets so many people that actually ask her though." Onew followed Jonghyun's actions, also reading the notes.

"That's what you're shocked about?" Key placed his hands on his hips, "Rather, isn't it weird how she doesn't take payment? I thought that was weird."

Jonghyun nodded to himself.

True, that was a bit weird, considering how this "Miss LC" got so many potential customers, but seeing how the notes were written, Jonghyun could see that this mysterious consultant wasn't interested in money or fame.

Jonghyun scanned the last row of colorful post its.

To Mr. Jukes

Don't get too full of yourself when you're showing her your good qualities.

Be humble and try not to show her your good points all at once.

 

To Mr. Window

If you're so sad about being "friend-zoned", just go straight up to her.

Confess already. You've got nothing to lose anyways.

An unrequited love for 3 years is unhealthy.

Besides, if you confess, she'll see you in a different light even if you don't do anything after.

 

To Miss Thread

Watch out, you're making a mistake.

Don't be a self-centered snob and actually listen.

 

To Mr. Chip

There are things that cannot be, and this is one of them.

I'm sorry.

 

To Miss SMS

I'm happy for you. Good luck.

Jonghyun stared at the words, taking some of the advice into his own consideration, now completely ignorant of Key and Onew's bickering.

"I don't know..." Jonghyun finally let some words escape his mouth, "I don't think she's doing this for attention. I think she truly wants people to hook up and be happy." Jonghyun tapped one paper that caught his eye.

To Mr. Lights

Don't do what I think you're going to do, you moron.

Constrain yourself or you'll lose her entirely.

"She seems like to have actually paid attention. Cause take a look at this."

Onew and Key peered over, following Jonghyun's peripheral vision.

"There are these little details that show that she was actually listening to them." Jonghyun nodded, impressed.

"These names though." Onew laughed at a clean yellow post it, bringing others to attention.

"Miss Fart?" Key laughed in disgust.

"Wonderful. She's a comedian as well." Jonghyun grinned, wondering how Miss Fart would react when she realized this note was for her.

The afternoon bell rang, signaling all students throughout the school that school was not over, making Onew sigh in exasperation.

"Oh right." Onew sighed dramatically again, "Afternoon classes. Eugh."

As Key and Onew began bickering again, mostly Key lecturing Onew, the two boys didn't notice their last friend glancing hesitantly back at Room 101.

Jonghyun's head was filled with nothing but hope now.

Maybe with this love consultant's help...

He made sure to memorize the way to Room 101.

With Miss LC's help, maybe even I can...

He tried his very best to conceal a full heartfelt smile.

Surely, even I can become Taeyeon sunbae's... Boyfriend?