Him & Her (7)

Room 101 - Love Consultant

"You should come by again next time!" Woohyun smiled, reaching over the table to pick up Ji Eun's bag. "Hey, you forgot this." Woohyun handed it over, looking around to see if anything else was being left behind.

Dongwoo tapped his feet, readjusting his shoes.

"See you tomorrow, don't be late." He gave a casual nod to his friend and was the first to leave the apartment.

The sun was getting ready to leave, warm oranges mixed with dark shades of red now swirling through the sky. The birds that were chirping noisily during their little study session had settled down and only the sound of their small wings flapping together could be heard in the quiet neighborhood. It all just seemed too normal for the storm happening inside.

Ji Eun noticed that Woohyun kept looking for any left belongings, which would've been fine, but in Ji Eun's eyes, he looked like a predator trying to cover its tracks from its prey.

He noticed Ji Eun staring and smiled a bit too quickly and a bit too carefully. The way his eyes crinkled were far from natural and his grin looked foolish and unnecessary without the presence of jokes. Stepping over, he gave Eunji a little pat on the head, but his gaze lingered on Ji Eun.

It sent chills and goosebumps down her spine and now that she wasn't holding back in analyzing him now, she could truly see what that gaze meant.

Ji Eun hoped she was wrong and she hoped she was being arrogant, but the word in Woohyun's voice that rang in her head were clearly;

Cute.

She almost gagged, but she threw a small smile and whirled around as quickly as she could, taking the bag in Woohyun’s hands. Dongwoo zipped up his hoodie, burying his face into the neck of his hood, shuddering at the evening chill that seeped into him.

"We should do this again sometime." Woohyun grinned, following after Eunji who was the last to leave, and leaned against the gray door frame.

"Hm." Eunji let out a small chuff with her nose.

"Want me to walk you home?" Dongwoo pointed his thumb behind his back.

His tone and volume made it seem like he was offering his kindness to anyone who was available, but his eyes were fixed on Ji Eun.

"I actually live a few bus stops away so..." Ji Eun excused, motioning towards the brightly lit street, people rushing to get to their homes, children happily chatting without a worry in the world. Ji Eun smiled apologetically when Dongwoo shrugged and stuffed his hands into his pocket.

"Why don't you walk Eunji home?" Woohyun said.

Both Eunji and Dongwoo looked up in shock, and the reluctance in their eyes shone brighter than fireworks on a summer night. Ji Eun simply raised a brow.

"It's a good way to get close. You two seemed so awkward the whole day." Woohyun snickered, "Besides, I would walk her home myself but I've got some business to attend to."

Dongwoo gave a hard stare at Woohyun, calling for mercy, but Woohyun smiled and looked at Eunji, avoiding the desperate gaze.

"He'll walk you home. There's no way he'd let my girlfriend walk home alone by herself on this dangerous night." Woohyun clicked his tongue and Dongwoo glared at Woohyun. "You'll forgive oppa, right?" Woohyun smiled apologetically, his brows scrunching together in worry. His lips folded pink, forming a small petite pout.

Besides the way she felt her skin sprout goosebumps at the way Woohyun had referred to himself as 'oppa', she saw the way Dongwoo left an angry, pitiful gaze on Woohyun before whirling around.

"Of course..." Eunji smiled and shrugged, her motions with more energy than before. "I'll call you when I get home."

Dongwoo lingered next to Eunji as she walked past, following her footsteps. The way his shoulders hunched and his body turned elsewhere just screamed awkwardness; Ji Eun couldn't bear to look.

Ji Eun reached out, and timidly tugged Eunji's arm.

"See you at school."

Eunji smiled for the first time in what felt like forever and gave a small smile back, nodding weakly with the life out of her eyes.

"Love you." Woohyun grinned at Eunji, giving a small wave.

When the two were out of sight, Woohyun turned to Ji Eun and smiled, his eyes a bit more hooded, and he leaned against the door with his shoulder.

"So, do you want to come in or what?" Woohyun chuckled, "Are you going?"

"Thank you for today. It was a big help." Ji Eun bowed politely, peeking past the gap between the door and Woohyun.

The brightly lit room showed nothing but of what she expected, but she looked back up with satisfaction at the small glint of a very expensive looking pen hidden very nicely next to the third leg of the low dark blue bed. It was neatly placed so that it would'nt be noticed if no one was paying attention to it, due to the way the elegant black seemed to disappeared along with the shadows that overcame it.

"I told you, no need to be polite." Woohyun laughed, "You can call me oppa comfortably if you want."

What a-

"Alright." Ji Eun nodded. She noticed a shimmer of expectancy in Woohyun's eyes, and Ji Eun paused before making sure Eunji wasn't anywhere near. With that, she reached out and daintily gripped the edge of the boy’s sleeve.

"Thank you for today, oppa." Ji Eun smiled softly, as if she was shy and left a faint lingering touch with her hand on Woohyun's sleeve.

His eyes widened but he didn't step back, and instead his lips twitched with a smile.

Ji Eun turned before he could say anything else, wanting to get rid of the imaginary black gunk on her hand.

"Bye!" Woohyun called out with delay and Ji Eun smiled, bowing her head slightly in response.

Ji Eun let the smirk on her lips replace her smile, finally loose as she turned towards the main street, laughing silently at the way her shadow seemed to bounce with excitement and giddiness. She knew she probably shouldn't have that much fun in trying to find out what was wrong, but she couldn't help the way the power of knowing made her.

"See you next time!"

Ji Eun smiled at the way the brightness echoed in this college boy's voice.

You mean, see you soon.

 

Ji Eun waited until the sun was to sleep, her heart warning her to be careful of the light.

Her mind told her to push the limit a bit more, encouraging her to wait just until you could barely see the sun's hairs, convincing her to make the right mood for what she was planning to do.

She needed just the right amount of lust, the right amount of shock, and the right amount of vulnerableness in order for everything to play out perfectly.

Ji Eun knew that Eunji would be horrifically mad at her for trying to clarify an assumption (a very accurate one nonetheless), with her victim being none other than her own friend's boyfriend. She could feel the guilt already swallowing up to her as she could just imagine the fury behind Eunji's eyes when Ji Eun would tell her the truth.

The scene played like a dramatic movie in Ji Eun's head as she crept closer to Woohyun's apartment, sneaking a peek at his room window. The cold concrete seemed to warm up at the edges of the window, light spilling from the dark curtains that held it back.

Ya did what, Eunji would yelp.

He didn't seem as nice as he was acting, couldn't you tell?

Ya broke our promise! I told ya'ta don't analyze people like thayt! People will get scared of ya and I wouldn't blame 'em!, Eunji would spit with her dialect on full power.

I did it for you Eunji. Don't you see I care more for you than I do for me?

After that, Eunji would calm down and eventually realize with all the facts lined up in front of her that Ji Eun was right and Woohyun turned out to a conman- or rather, con-boyfriend.

To be more specific, Eunji would be devastated at the fact that Woohyun was cheating on her.

For how long, Ji Eun honestly didn't know. She just knew he was, and he'd been doing so for some time now. He was lucky that Ji Eun hadn't examined him before, but now that she was both free from the restriction she gave herself and pressured by the fact of her friendship on the line, she was going to catch him in the red.

Ji Eun breathed a sigh when she noticed the air was heavier in front of the door, life lingering in it. She bit her bottom lip, attempting to calm herself down. She couldn't really tell if her heart was going crazy because she was scared of the worst possible outcome or because she was excited at the best one.

She decided it was a little bit of both.

Ji Eun took a deep breathe, the scent of perfume wafting into her nose like a confirmation letter, raising her confidence like a rocket.

She wiped the smile off her face and prepared an innocent, worried expression and reached for the door, her fists tight and quiet as a mouse.

Holding her breath, the muffled noises from inside encouraged her, pulling her balled up fist closer and closer until it finally pulled back and hit with a fragile strength.

Knock, knock.

"Woohyun oppa? It's me Ji Eun."