Initiate Wooing!

Room 101 - Love Consultant

Two small hands pushed Jonghyun out into the wild and into the battlefield; in that small action Jonghyun felt as if he could neatly and quietly fold into a piece of paper and tumble around thoughtlessly. He could already feel the cold sweat emerging from the palms of his hands and his heart beating loudly. All of a sudden, his tongue seemed to inflate in size three times bigger than the normal.

Where was he again? What was he doing?

There were too many things going on in his own body to describe what he was feeling. 

In the simplest terms, it was a very very bad case of stage fright. Yes, even the handsome, playful, over-confident dinosaur could get nervous, especially if it involved Taeyeon sunbae.

"Go before anyone notices you! What are you doing?" Jonghyun heard Ji Eun's annoyed hisses from behind him.

Without turning back, he gulped and began to hypnotize himself.

Relax dude. Relax.

Easier said than done.

Jonghyun proceeded into a trot, running towards the gate entrance of the tennis court and he could slowly tell that he was beginning to capture the attention of some of the female club members.

You are jogging for an exercise morning. I mean morning exercise.

Jonghyun was fumbling up mentally; he didn't even want to think about how he would fumble up when the real deal would come up.

"Hey!!!"

Jonghyun froze for a split second before turning his head.

"Jonghyun!!! Thanks for yesterday! You were a big help!" Taeyeon smiled, waving her hands in the air, her racket swinging above her head like a welcome banner.

"No problem!" Jonghyun slowed his pace, nearing the green chain linked fence.

Taeyeon also stopped midway in bouncing the tennis ball and gave charge to a different third year tennis club member, walking over to Jonghyun. The man of attention was currently on his way to try not over panicking.

"What are you doing here so early?" Taeyeon shooed away the curious fan girls back to their training, and faced Jonghyun with her trademark angelic smile.

"Ah you know. Ehem. I mean, of course you don't know. Uh, like. Exercising." Jonghyun mentally face palmed, "Exercising in the morning."

"You okay? You should take a rest; your face is all red and sweaty." Taeyeon took a handkerchief from her skirt pocket and daintily dabbed at her hoobae's forehead.

The drops of "sweat" that had taken precise calculation were being absorbed into the peach colored handkerchief much to Ji Eun's dismay. Jonghyun could almost hear Ji Eun groan from her artwork being erased of what she spent quality time and effort on.

Right, think about Ji Eun.

"No it's okay, I was just jogging. You guys also look busy." Jonghyun wanted to sigh of relief when he noticed his lack of stuttering and 'um's or 'uh's.

"Yeah actually, we're just teaching the first years the basic skills so that they could at least participate in club competitions." Taeyeon smiled with pride and swiveled back to face her members.

"Aha, still not skilled enough for the school tournaments?"

"Ehehe..." Taeyeon let out an empty laugh, "Not exactly, no. It doesn't help that Yuri and Donghae are absent today. We're low on extra teachers."

"What about that chicken maniac?"

"He only comes for afternoon practice. Apparently waking up for morning practices are too hard for him." Taeyeon turned to glance at Jonghyun.

"As expected. That lazy bum." Jonghyun huffed, making Taeyeon laugh.

Jonghyun paused, letting his words play through his head before blurting them out. He was surprised that Ji Eun had done her research so effectively, quickly, and precisely that her plan was just perfectly laid out for him to follow.

"You know, I could help you guys for this practice." Jonghyun flung his fishing pole into the sea, his bait carefully hooked.

Taeyeon whirled around, eyes wide. 

"You would?! Oh my gosh, you're such a savior." Taeyeon gushed and grabbed Jonghyun's hand, pulling him towards the green tennis court.

He wanted to grin crazily and he could feel hot fire coming from his sunbae's hands. Jonghyun's eyes searched for Ji Eun, wanting to share his success but she was nowhere to be seen.

"Oh? Jonghyun sunbae! What are you doing here?"

Excited whispers began to spread from the center of the tennis court to even the farthest end and Jonghyun could feel himself puff up with pride over his popularity. Even some of his male seniors were glancing or bluntly staring at him with understood envy and admiration.

"I was on a morning run." Jonghyun replied kindly and some of the more bold girls rushed over to him, while the majority of the girls stood in the sidelines swooning. Jonghyun's mind wandered for a split second and he let himself wallow in self-pity.

All these other girls are going crazy for me, and yet the girl I really want to woo is unaffected.

"Jonghyun will be here today for morning practice," Taeyeon paused while some girls whispered with contained excitement. "Everyone should make sure not to take advantage from Jonghyun, and actually learn how to at least hit a tennis ball." Taeyeon's tone of voice changed when she saw some girls fumbling for their cellphones.

Jonghyun was a bit taken back at Taeyeon's sudden personality change but he found her cool.

Jonghyun bit back a smile.

He kind of wanted Ji Eun around; he wanted to share his success and talk about how wonderful he thought Taeyeon sunbae was, but of course she wouldn't appear out of nowhere like he was Cinderella and she his fairy godmother.

"Jonghyun?"

Jonghyun snapped back to attention and threw on an easygoing grin making a quarter of the girls swoon with clenched hearts.

"All you have to do is practice hitting and receiving the ball with this group here." Taeyeon motioned to a group of five girls and two boys who were ignoring the glares of the others.

"Excuse me!"

Taeyeon turned at the brave voice in the crowd that gathered in front of Jonghyun and her. A girl with blonde dyed hair stepped out with her hand half raised, avoiding the gaze of both Taeyeon and Jonghyun for two different reasons.

"Are there going to be group changes?" The girl squeaked, who then took her courage to sneak a peek at her own beloved Jonghyun.

Jonghyun let himself smile his "playboy" smile, to which the girl quickly looking away blushing furiously.

"No." Taeyeon raised her brow at Jonghyun who shrugged playfully, "Morning practice is only an hour long. We don't necessarily need to change the group today. We'll change it daily though." Taeyeon smiled, shaking her head.

"Thank you for asking though." Jonghyun grinned, and the girl lowered her head in happiness.

It was kind of fun for him to charm girls like her, but he only wished infinitely his skills could work just as effectively with you know who.

 

"Okay have a ten minute break guys." Jonghyun wiped away the actual sweat that adjourned his forehead and gladly accepted the towels some girls offered him.

He rested on a bench, far away from the rest of the club members. The sound of hushed excitement was getting on his nerves; a popular guy could only tolerate and love so much. He honestly only like the affection he was getting, not the flirty touches and burdensome gazes of the foxes in tennis skirts.

Jonghyun caught his breath, resting his head against the gate.

"Hello."

"WHA-"

Ji Eun stared amusingly at Jonghyun's cringed body, appearing from behind the trees.

"What was that for?!" Jonghyun whispered/screamed.

"I did not do anything, I simply said he." Ji Eun cocked her head, sitting down next to Jonghyun.

"Were you in the trees this whole time?" Jonghyun stared at Ji Eun as she placed her backpack onto the bench, opening it.

"Don't be silly, of course not." Ji Eun scoffed pulling out a water bottle, "I was in the club room until a few minutes ago."

"Oh, thanks." Jonghyun took the bottle of water handed to him and gulped it down.

"However, I did see what you were doing." Ji Eun watched pitifully.

"What...?" Jonghyun peered at Ji Eun, frowning.

"Were you really just flirting with the other girls and not even talking to Taeyeon sunbae?" Ji Eun let out a sigh that emitted pure disappointment.

"Hey, don't blame me." Jonghyun retorted, "I didn't have the freedom too. All the other girls were all over me while I was teaching them how to hit a ball."

Ji Eun rolled her eyes subtly, snatching the water bottle away from him. "Yes. I guess you also had the freedom to avoid Taeyeon sunbae whenever she came near you?" Ji Eun's left brow cocked up and Jonghyun's face grew tomato red.

"You saw that? I thought you were in the club room?" Jonghyun seethed, embarrassed.

"No I didn't see. I assumed." Ji Eun mouth curved into a small snarky smile, "As expected, my predictions were correct."

Jonghyun grumbled, snatching the bottle of water back from Ji Eun, gulping it down without any more excuses.

"Why can't you keep your cool around Taeyeon sunbae as you do with other girls?" Ji Eun waited until he finished downing the whole bottle, not giving him he excuse to not answer.

"... I guess... I just care what she thinks of me."

"She's going to think you are a fool, stuttering like that."

"I don't stutter."

Ji Eun's glance lingered on Jonghyun before facing towards the tennis court, quietly sighing.

"Ok fine I do. But she won't think like that. She's too nice."

"Then she probably thinks of you as just a cute hoobae."

"So? That's good right?"

"No. You're in the hoobae-zone as far as I see it. You're just a puppy to her." Ji Eun smothered a smile at Jonghyun's mouth dropping open, "Did you really not think that far? At this rate, you'll be a mere boy to her. You must show your manly appeal. All that work I did that morning was just wiped away both literally and theoretically."

"She did that 'cause she cared." Jonghyun argued.

"She didn't think like how the other girls thought. I know you saw the difference in their reactions." Ji Eun pointed out, making Jonghyun recall the swoons of the female tennis club while his precious Taeyeon sunbae was unfazed.

"Well... You're going to change that right?" Jonghyun finally gave up, slumping against the steel chain linked gate.

"I will. Everything on my side is perfect. It's you that is blocking your own way to success." Ji Eun stood up, stretching.

"You mean with my attitude." Jonghyun already confirmed with himself, his eyes following Ji Eun's back.

"Yes. Just think of Taeyeon sunbae as another one of those girls. If you don't, you're already disqualified at being one of her potential boyfriends." Ji Eun stuck out her hand, motioning Jonghyun to take it.

"I'll try." Jonghyun shrugged, taking the hand and heaving himself up, throwing the empty bottle into the trashcan.

"Not try. You have to." Ji Eun corrected, and slipped her hand to Jonghyun's wrist, barely able to fully wrap around it.

Jonghyun rolled his eyes.

"Yeah yeah." He followed Ji Eun's pull of direction then hesitated when he realized where they were going, "Aren't we supposed to return to the tennis court? The morning practice session isn't finished yet."

"No."

"What? Why?" Jonghyun protested at the signal that the time with his sunbae was being taken away.

"We're going to make her think of you." Ji Eun said, leading Jonghyun back towards the clubroom, weaving into the bushes so that they became unseen.

"Well that's a great plan but how is making me ditch the morning practice going to make her like me?!" Jonghyun pulled, but the firm grip on his wrist persistently held on.

"Liking you is way too ahead of your pace right now." Ji Eun pushed Jonghyun towards the club room direction, letting go of his wrist, "Using a commonly used male love interest as our model, if you read romance novels, most romance stories have a bad good guy as their main love interest."

"Bad good guy?" Jonghyun slowly led the way, his blissful morning practice slipping from his fingers.

"A good guy that is just pretending to be bad, playboy, or flirty. But once you get to actually know him, he's sweet. He usually gets the girl by first, making the girl think of him. Be it in a bad way or a good way, he manipulates the girl to think of him whether she likes it or not." Ji Eun explained.

"Okay, so I make her think of me, then what?"

"That'll be announced when you're actually ready." Ji Eun looked away when Jonghyun tried to talk back, "For today no more Taeyeon sunbae. If she comes up to you happily or politely, pretend you're busy."

"WHAT?!" Jonghyun yelped at his restriction.

No more Taeyeon sunbae?! No more of his angelic love?

"Oh be quiet. I'll be there to help you."

"But, but!" Jonghyun mumbled, jumping swiftly into the clubroom.

"Remember," Ji Eun interrupted, holding up a finger, "if you want to actually even let her think of you as a possible love interest, you have to follow whatever I say."

Jonghyun opened his mouth to protest and let out with a sigh.

The school bell hadn't even rung and yet, Jonghyun was already tired.

 


 

Hello readers!

I'm so so so sorry I haven't updated in a long time ><;

My computer caught a cold so I had to take it to the doctors. But now it's back and healthy, so I have a chapter for you guys!

Thank you so much for the subscriptions, here are the lovely people <3

(Try to find out who you is muahaha)

Lovely, Beautiful, Wonderful, Cutie, Smexy, Hot stuff, Boo, and Fabulous

Thank you so so so much!

Also, arigato to the upvote! (I think you upvoted for a different reason but thanks anyways <<;;)

Here are my hearts

Stay tuned gais and leave some comments as well!

:3