To Room 101

Room 101 - Love Consultant

Jonghyun hid behind the legendary corridor and squatted next to the school vending machine.

Okay, okay.

He hugged his knees, stretching his arms, his chest, even his neck before standing back up.

Okay, I can do this.

Jonghyun practiced breathing, both hope and embarrassment seeping into his emotions as he re-thought on what he was going to actually try to do. He examined his surroundings, making sure there were no other students around before he finally got the nerve to go forward a single step.

There was a reason on why he was being so cautious.

Besides his dork side which only appeared in slices when Taeyeon sunbae was around, he had a different side to him which he maintained as his main image. Only his close friends and family knew of his dorky, wimpy,  side, and he wanted to keep it that way.

Jonghyun had had enough of the teasing of his "shy" part of his personality in middle school when he had a small crush on a girl. He learned the hard way that most girls tended to find a guy unattractive when he was slow with romance and shy to take the first move. Ergo, it was a goal to high school Jonghyun that when he found a girl he liked, he was going to be the confident, smart, funny, smooth and romantic gentleman.

Especially confidence and being smooth.

Jonghyun seemed to lose the ability to speak like a normal person whenever he was around Taeyeon sunbae. He couldn't afford to make Taeyeon sunbae put him in either the feared friend-zone or he even more horrible, creep-zone. It would crush his hopes if he found out his lack of seduction skills placed him any one of those two zones.

But Jonghyun knew he could not find help from outside source except the famous and legendary Miss LC.

Talk and get advice from the boys?

No. Fricking. Way.

Onew would be way too obvious and , making Taeyeon sunbae catch the hint. Key would embarrass Jonghyun to death, and Key's method in seduction were just extremely... forward in way that Jonghyun couldn't follow up to Key's speed. Jonghyun's first hoobae, Minho wouldn't have the time to even talk with Jonghyun about these types of things, nor would he be in the slightest bit interested. His brain was just full of sports and academics, and he didn't like to lose in either.

Jonghyun's second hoobae Taemin?

Forget it.

Jonghyun didn't have any other close close clique of friends, nor did he have some sort of loyal entourage that he could talk about Taeyeon sunbae with.

Jonghyun smiled slowly to himself, peeking around the corner.

There, he saw the door.

Even from far away, he could tell the amount of post its had decreased from the lunch break, and some empty spots were filled again. Jonghyun was so hopeful he could hardly breathe.

If he could only get a post it from Miss LC, that would make things much clearer to him on how to make Taeyeon sunbae his. But even better, it would be even more miraculous if he got to directly have the Love Consultant lecture him and guide him step by step on the process to his dream girl.

That would just give him a hundred percent chance of victory, while the post its would just give him a little push of courage.

But as Jonghyun peered at the floor, he began to accept the fact that his case of love was not at all interesting in any case, except for the fact that he was a shy boy with love underneath all that confidence, who was madly crushing on the school angel, Kim Taeyeon.

There was a high chance that the Love Consultant wouldn't accept him as a direct case.

It was about 4:30pm, and club hours were from 3-5pm.

Jonghyun again, made sure no one was around.

Though he didn't really need to be so nervous since he knew plenty that students who came looking for Miss LC had gone a long way back.

When Jonghyun's excited heartbeat starting to slow down, he finally took a huge gulp of air and tip toed toward the mahogany door.

Click

Jonghyun almost fell from the sudden movement of the door and literally jumped behind the corner from where he came from, heart jumping with him.

His eyes were almost the size of tennis balls (ok, not really, that's creepy), and he struggled to keep his breath quiet.

He really wanted to pe

ek a look.

If a person was coming out from the room themselves, wouldn't that mean...

Jonghyun's breath hitched.

That's Miss LC!

He almost choked from his luck.

A bunch of ridiculous ideas started to form in his head, and he swiped them away to let the actual effective cogwheels turn.

He heard the satisfying click, click, click in his head as a brilliant plan was birthed into his mind.

This idea... could actually work.

If he caught the identity of the famous Love Consultant, he could threaten her into helping him with his love process.

Sure it was a bit of a cheat and it was a teensy bit dirty, but it would work nonetheless.

Jonghyun squeezed his fists, and stomped into view.

He couldn't lift his head, but he saw the person's feet step back with surprise.

"Don't think about running away," Jonghyun cleared his throat, "Miss Love Consultant."

He kind of faltered at his words when he realized that Room 101 was at the end of the hallway and that even if the legendary consultant wanted to, she couldn't escape.

Jonghyun mustered up the most confident, snarky, arrogant expression he could and looked up. 

All his mustering went to waste when he saw who the person was.

Jonghyun stopped himself from blabbering and breaking out into astonishment but instead smacked on a cool poker face.

"Oh. So it's you?" He asked.

"..."

He didn't really need confirmation that was okay.

The visual shock of the all too familiar face of the girl who sat next to him served a very convincing confirmation. He almost looked away from those piercing dark brown eyes, so different from the chocolate hazel brown eyes that Taeyeon sunbae had. He tried not to stare at the tight bun that the person staring back had, and the definite and formal way of her uniform style.

Lee Ji Eun stared at Jonghyun, with slightly wide eyes before they fell back to the normal bored look she had.

Jonghyun looked at the post its in her hands, some crumpled from shock, and an uncapped thick pen in her other hand.

She was in the process of posting her love advice when Jonghyun popped out.

Jonghyun was silent.

Ji Eun was silent.

If you were watching them, it looked like they were just examining each other.

Well, one was examining the other, but the other was just shell shocked and was zoned in on nothing.

Jonghyun made sure to blink.

Lee Ji Eun? The one who never talks? The one who never seems like a normal teenager? The genius of our school? The plainest of our school? The one who never gets involved with anything? The one who seems like she'd shower with her glasses on? The one who never seems to even falter at rude comments thrown at her? The one who seems like she'd never been in love herself before? The one who looks most like the un-experienced one?

Her? The Love Consultant? 

HER?

HER?!

HER?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

Jonghyun's head exploded with all these questions and other similar questions, but his outer appearance didn't show any of this.

He snapped back from his faze and looked up to stare Ji Eun in the eye.

"You..." He prepared himself, "You're Miss LC, aren't you."

Ji Eun didn't respond immediately, but when she nodded, Jonghyun wanted to just fold into the floor. Like, disappear and never come back. As in, die from both embarrassment and anger.

Oh man, I was such a jerk to her she'll never help me.

He sobbed inwardly.

Agh geez, she's the Love Consultant?! She doesn't even remind me of the word "trustworthy" or "experienced"!

He shot an ice cold look at Ji Eun and she looked back with a steel one.

Crap. Crap crap crap.

"So." It sounded like a question, but it was demanding. Arrogant. As if it was Ji Eun who asked Jonghyun for a surprise meeting.

Jonghyun jumped a fraction at the sudden volume in the silence.

Her voice was softer and huskier than he thought, and if he remembered correctly, this was the first time he ever heard her say something in a mediocre volume.

"What?"

"So." she repeated, "What do you want."

"I... I uh..."

Jonghyun remembered why he jumped out in the first place.

He came here for love advice, he did not just hide behind a vending machine for an hour and half just to be embarrassed and walk away. If he was going to get advice, he was going to get advice.

Jonghyun pushed down the unease he got whenever he looked straight into the brown eyes that were boring into him and spoke.

"Do you know what I want." Jonghyun tried to copy her way of speaking, assuming the place of authority.

"You want love advice."

"..................."

"Is it not?"

"I heard that you never did a direct love advice thing before."

"I have."

"What?"

"I have done a direct consultation before."

"With who? Why?"

"Classified."

Jonghyun squirmed and tried to get back on track.

"You're going to consult with me." Jonghyun lifted his chin slightly, "Directly."

Ji Eun cocked her head.

"And why will I be doing that?"

"Because if you don't, I'm going to tell everyone who Miss LC really is. I'm pretty sure someone told me that Miss LC liked being a secret identity. For what reasons, I don't care why you want to keep your identity a secret, but I'm going to reveal it."

"Ah." Ji Eun nodded, "So you are... blackmailing me, into giving you a direct session."

Jonghyun's pride was scratched slightly with the word 'blackmailing' but he let it go, since it was true.

"I'm proposing a deal which you shouldn't back out of." 

Gosh, even to himself he sounded like a jerk.

"Ok."

Jonghyun blinked once.

Twice.

Then made sure his ears were working.

"Huh?"

"I said okay." Ji Eun turned and a key jingled out from her wrist and proceeded to turn the lock.

Jonghyun stared at Ji Eun's calm back with wonder.

Wait, wasn't this thing supposed to go with more turbulence? Like, isn't she supposed to glare at me and like call me a few insults before leading me into the room?

He was grateful, but it hadn't gone how he imagined it, and Ji Eun's scary cool attitude was creeping him out.

"Are you coming or do you need a session on some other time?" Ji Eun entered the room, even holding out the door for the person who threatened her.

"Uh, yeah. I'll. I'll come in." Jonghyun wasn't complaining.

His steps hesitated before they bounced into Room 101.