& Her (9)

Room 101 - Love Consultant

"Looks like you've tidied up the place after we went!" Ji Eun commented, "You should've asked us to help."

The smell of perfume. It smelled cheap.

It smelt like lavender?

Woohyun let out a small laugh. "No way, how could I? I couldn't especially ask you, you barely made a dent in the air."

Definitely not hers or Eunji's.

She didn't even put on perfume, Eunji only sprayed scented mists, the fruity kind, none this strong.

Ji Eun noticed the window was slightly open, which wasn't a strange decision if one's purpose of opening a window in this chilly night was to get rid of a certain smell. Obviously it hadn't worked that well.

He grinned at her, much more softly than he did when he was at the door. Ji Eun smiled politely and kept her hands firms by her side, loosening her grip on her flirty, slightly touchy act. She'd gotten into the house with this technique, but she was frankly confident that she didn't need it any further. Besides, it'd be dangerous if Woohyun had really misunderstood and gotten ahead of himself.

It wasn't like Ji Eun would allow Woohyun to approach her, no way in hell, but there would be a chance of him finding out that she was just using him. No matter how Ji Eun thought she was smart, being smart wasn't going get her out of the house if Woohyun decided to do some unacceptable things.

The last thing she needed on her back, besides a suspiciously angry best friend, was a lustfully angry best friend's boyfriend.

Ji Eun tried not to notice the dramatic sparkle of her pen behind the bed's legs and instead she swiftly turned around so that Woohyun's attention was on her.

"Oppa, I did say that I wouldn't go into the other rooms, but after all I'm kind of wondering..." Ji Eun saw the way Woohyun's smile tightened. "If you could just double check? I can wait right here, not moving a muscle. I just really want to be sure."

The boy's chest lowered in a silent, tense exhale and he looked around casually. Ji Eun saw that his eyes were darting around the living room, probably looking for any clues of special visitors. "Yeah sure, why not?" Woohyun said, his eyes finally landing on Ji Eun.

He turned with a very subtle pause and walked over to his room, keeping the door's movement to a minimum as he opened and closed it.

Ji Eun swiftly looked around, pulling out her phone and putting it in a much more accessible pocket, dialing Eunji. She walked towards Woohyun's study desk, neat and tidy. Ji Eun examined the books, those thick textbooks full of all the wisdom an elite student at SU would need.

Except there was a layer of dust, covering the table like a soft blanket.

Ji Eun rolled her eyes as she hung up and redialed Eunji. Her hand hovered over the desk's drawers, which were much cleaner than the desk itself, her ears perking for noises.

As expected, there were a bunch of exaggerated sounds, like Woohyun was announcing that he was trying to find a pen. An occasional 'oh!' followed with an occasional 'tsk!' were on practiced replay.

Ji Eun quickly opened the drawer as slowly and as quietly as she could. She pushed the papers away carefully, as to not make a sound.

A muffled 'hello'.

The hello repeated after the first one didn't have any response, this time louder and more in question.

Ji Eun closed the drawer, angry and disgusted.

"Go to your boyfriend's house. Now." Ji Eun hissed.

"What? What are you talking about?" Eunji was obviously pissed, but more confused and curious at the sudden venom in Ji Eun's voice. "...Are you in my boyfriend's house?" the voice dropped to a dangerous mutter.

"I'm going to tell you this now and I'm not going to be sorry."

"Are you at my boyfriend's-"

"I broke our promise and I think your boyfriend is a cheat. I was here to find out and I've found out. You. Come here, now."

"You-! You analy- What the heck are you doing?!" Eunji spat, "How dare ya do that to Woohyun oppa?! How dare you even say that?"

The accent was coming out, Eunji was doing her best to stay calm, but the confusion was overbearing.

"I will explain and apologize and do whatever you say, but now is not the time." Ji Eun quickly said, her phone inching downwards at the sound of Woohyun grunting and getting up. Ji Eun clicked her tongue in frustration with the confused heavy breathing on the other line.

"Don't you trust me? When can you get here? You need to get here fast. I don't think I'll be able to keep this act up any longer."

The door clicked open at the same time Ji Eun hung up, a neutral expression slapping onto her face and her phone stuffed into her pocket.

"Sorry, I couldn't find it." Woohyun sighed, shaking his head.

"Is that so?" Ji Eun, gritted her teeth. She'd never felt this angry, this uncontrolled before. The rage was bubbling over.

"Should I look in the other room? That is our last chance." Woohyun offered.

The room the visitor was probably in.

"Wonderful idea." Ji Eun forced the best smile she could, and she knew she didn't pull it off very well at the way Woohyun's gentle smile was replaced with a confused one. He luckily ran off into the room before Ji Eun could blow her cover.

To be completely honest, she wasn't sure if Woohyun was actually cheating. She thought that if she saw the proof that she'd be able to cooly report it to Eunji and take Woohyun down with the evidence that she had. But she realized she'd overestimated her emotions.

If she hadn't been looking for proof of cheating, she'd never notice the way the papers at the top of the drawers were too carefully arranged. Too for show. She never would have noticed that something was below it, something that she was sure Eunji had never even touched, let alone seen.

A small post it was firmly stuck onto the inner side of the drawer, with a list of names and a series of checks next to them.

Song Hanna ✓✓✓✓✓

Park Yijong✓✓✓

Park Sangmi✓✓✓

Kim Baram

Song Nayeon✓✓✓✓✓

Lee Hoeun

Ji Jungin✓✓✓✓✓

Ji Eun's breath stopped, her eyes stopping in the middle of long, clamored list.

Jung Eunji✓✓✓✓

The same ring Woohyun and Eunji wore was there.

The same necklace Eunji had so happily bragged about, was also there.

The same earrings, bracelets, small presents, and jewels were all there.

Multiple copies of them.

Arranged neatly into separate labelled boxes.

Anniversary.

"Sorry JiJi, I was celebrating my first anniversary with my boyfriend. LOOK WHAT I GOT!"

Birthday.

"Ehem. EHEM. Look at this... Isn't this just tha GREATEST and CUTEST gift evar??? It’s a cute little star. He said that he bought it 'cause I was his greatest giftAHHHH!"

Spontaneous gift.

"I think I may just be the luckiest girlfriend JiJi... He just gave it to me yesterday because he saw it on the street and thought of me... How romantic is that?!"

Afterfight.

"Oh that? Haha! He apologized an' he just gave me those puppy eyes. Ya know I can't stand against those. Don't look at me like that, Ji Eun... I DID NOT FORGIVE HIM JUST BECAUSE HE GOT ME THIS RING! Tsk! Yore gon' understand when ya get a boyfriend yerself."

Ji Eun wanted to go to Eunji, rip those gifts off of her as soon as she set her eyes on the last box. The ticks next to the names sort of made sense now that she made the relation to the boxes.

Breakup.

Her phone blinked, restraining her hands from turning over the table then and there. Ji Eun flicked it out, reading the text that calmly adjourned the screen.

 

[] Be there in 5

 

Five minutes.

Ji Eun bent down, picking up the pen.

"Wouldn't that be fun?" Ji Eun muttered, clicking the battered pen.

 

 

 

"She'll be able to see the best part."


 

Really sorry for the short and late update.

Hope you like this chapter and anticipate the next one :)

Thank you for everyone commenting, and I'd like to specially thank BlackPolish for reviewing my story.

(It's late I know, I realized I should have, but hey, someday is better than no day! AMIRITE)

Go check her out here, she also has stories!

 

Once again, thank you for reading and HEY!

We have 40+ readers! ♪( o)(- )v ♪

Thank you for subscribing and I hope all of us come together to make this story an even better one!

Have a good day! :3