HER! (9)

Room 101 - Love Consultant

"Oh!" Woohyun pointed at the pen that lie tranquilly on Ji Eun's palm, "You found it! Where was it?"

Ji Eun took out her phone, bluntly pressing the big red circle labelled 'RECORD' and placed it into her pocket. Woohyun's smile faltered at the strange and sudden behavior, but he walked towards her instinctively. It was no doubt that all the streetlamps outside were on full blare, night crawlers coming out to enjoy their time in the chilly and wispy air. The neighborhood was now dim with silence with only a couple lights on in the second floors, probably occupied by some students studying or playing the night away.

Or some cheaters like the one Ji Eun was standing in front of.

Her act had ended, finding no need to continue a shy flirty persona, now that she had found the evidence she needed. It would only take a delusional and love struck idiot to ignore whatever facts Ji Eun plastered in front of her.

Eunji would not be that idiot.

"Ji Eun?" Woohyun called, his smile dropping, replaced with a tight, tense line.

"Do you," Ji Eun's brows twitched upwards, "really love Eunji?"

"What?"

"I'm asking, if you love Eunji."

Woohyun let out a small huff of laughter from absurdity, but stopped when he noticed Ji Eun was too serious for a joke.

"Of course." He responded, "Why?" His answer was too firm, as if rehearsed.

Ji Eun was sure it was and it just made her even angrier. She was disgusted at this so-called Seoul University prince icon and she was furious that this cheater was able to balance his college grades and his ugly social life on the same platter at the same time. Seoul University was no doubt a university on the top of her list of choices, but she was definitely not going to be going to the same college as this human disgrace.

While she was at it, maybe she could find way to expel this guy? It should serve him a lesson to not mess with the double Ji's.

"Oh." Ji Eun nodded dramatically, frowning disappointedly at the answer. She walked over to the side of the room, adjacent to the locked bedroom where Woohyun's companion was hiding. She cocked her head in sarcastic innocence at the bewildered Woohyun when he hurriedly stepped in front of her.

Too tense.

"What's wrong with you?"

His tone was defensive and his eyes subconsciously glanced at the desk drawers. Woohyun repeated his question, in a panicked shout, obvious frustration peeking out at the sudden attitude change and suspicious way Ji Eun had aligned herself in between the drawers full of cheating evidence, Woohyun, and the cheater in the room.

"What's wrong with me?" Ji Eun redirected and her face crusted black. "You're not that stupid. I think you know what's wrong."

Woohyun's hopeful doubt cleared as Ji Eun turned her body, facing the drawer and then back at Woohyun. Her phone was clutched tightly and Woohyun's eyes flickered to it, the act falling loose. "I have no idea what you're talking about." Woohyun said.

"You do." Ji Eun insisted.

Woohyun was trembling.

Ji Eun bit back a victorious smirk, after all she felt bad for the poor boy, and steadily walked to him.

He remained, eyes empty and thinking.

She walked past him, her shoulders held high, ready to brag to Eunji about her feat. She could feel the tense and deliberately silent air, heavy within the room she reached to. She could almost feel the terror wafting off the doorknob. Ji Eun was ready to make a dramatic reveal of a half- college girl. If it was a female teacher, that'd be even better. Trash to kick out of her dream university would only give the last satisfying kick to the can. And then Ji Eun heard something she thought she wouldn't be able to hear from trembling, frightened prey.

She heard a threat and she realized that the trembles she had thought were of fear and shame, were quite likely of rage and embarrassment.

Maybe she had been too arrogant in her skills and had mistaken to double check the environment before diving into battle. She probably should have prepared some kind of defensive weapon, like pepper spray.

A silly mistake.

Ji Eun blinked back, as if bored, but she wasn't and in fact she was having the time of her life.

Well won't you look at that.

Woohyun stared back at her, his eyes full of cold thinking replaced with silent fury. His hands gripped fiercely at her wrists, pinning them to the sides of her head, the soft blankets and bouncing mattress dulling the pain. Her body froze instinctively as the boy's knee dug deeper into her thigh when she struggled, a clear warning of what would happen if she dared to fight back.

Ji Eun let out a laugh of absurdity.

Turns out the prey wasn't so meek after all.

 

Eunji could have winced at the way her door slammed against the brick wall with such loud noise, but she right now all she could see or hear were two very faint 'beeps' that got louder each step she made towards her boyfriend's house.

CHEATER

BEST FRIEND WITH BOYFRIEND

These same words seem to pop up in her head and in front of her like some kind of special text effect she'd see in some kind of action movie. The red, capital words in electrical filters buzzed like LED lights and evoked a certain anger inside of her she didn't realize she had until she was out in the cold air. If she was a cartoon, you'd probably see steam rising from her head. It wasn't though.

It was real. This whole thing was real.

Eunji had to sit and write this down. She was too simple-minded for all this breaking reality check news she was thrown.

Maybe it's a joke?

But Ji Eun would never tell that type of joke. She's too smart for that kind of stuff.

Why am I angry?

Oh yeah, 'cause I'm being cheated on.

But the news came too blunt to really hurt or anger her. She needed time to think and time to hate in order to get angry.

Why am I angry then? What's the real reason?

Eunji took a sharp left, almost bumping into a couple that was having a late night make-out session. She couldn't care less.

Maybe it's because of Ji Eun.

Something seemed to click in Eunji, a lightbulb that refused to flicker had just flashed with such violent brilliance that the red angry letters seemed like nothing in front of her.

Ji Eun?

She felt the churn of rage inside of her. It was too strong and self-righteous for her to ignore. Eunji's forced confusion, her forced innocence to the problem had been blown out of the water and it was nowhere to be seen.

Why am I mad at her? Why???

It's because ya simply hate her.

Her footsteps skidded to a halt.

Eunji looked up at the once warming and comforting home of her boyfriend, now something gray and blurry as she realized her face was cold with tears. The hazy light that was so noticeable despite the others was calling for her, reminding her of Ji Eun's urgent call and why she was even running here in the first place. Eunji squeezed her eyes shut so hard her head began to hurt.

Please just go away.

I told ya I'd be back soon. Why'd ya try ta ignore me? Ya know yore hopeless now.

No, no, no. Eunji shouldn't deal with her other self now. She couldn't. It was not the time or the place-

Listen to me, Ah have ah really good idea. A really disastrous idea. We'll love it.

SHUT UP!

Eunji's hand stung and she pulled it back in pain, quickly looking at her knuckles, red and scraped against the concrete wall of her beloved's apartment.

Ya don't even like him that much. I mean, c'mon! He's awright lookin' but he ain't our goal! Ya know he's been cheatin' on us since the beginning!

Please, please, please! Please stop! I thought I fixed you years ago!

An' I thought ah told'yew, to not be stupid.

The last word echoed painfully in Eunji's head, her hands clawing at it in vain attempts.

Ev'ry single time you try to git rid of me, yore jus' gon end up findin' someone else to compare to.

The face was suddenly calm and coaxing. It was a sign of danger and Eunji knew it.

An' ev'ry single time it's da damn same. You compare and yew realize, that yore really nothin'!

It cackled then died down to an elegant giggle.

You thought that Ji Eun would be different? That she'd see yore sufferin'?

No I didn't care whether she realized or not!

Bull! Ain't that why you kept tellin' her to not analyze people?

No! I told her not to analyze people because they wouldn't like her-

BAH!

Eunji's lungs choked with air, one of her lungs feeling like it had just decided to slap itself closed like a wet sandwich.

We both know that you wanted 'er to analyze us an' figure out that we are CRAZY! That we need help! Ain't that right?

Eunji heaved, hurriedly scrambling towards the apartment door, the top of the stairs looking like forever.

An' we know that we wouldn't have cared even IF! people didn't like 'er. We want people to like us remember?

Eunji clutched the side of the staircase, making her best effort to silently suffer as she always did, making sure to not wake anyone up.

That's when we decided we hated 'er, remember now?

Her breath returned to her, lungs lazily slipping apart from each other, decided reluctantly to make room for their much needed amount of air.

Ah~

The voice sighed with melancholy, it sounding like it was looking back on its childhood.

That's when we hated the way she looked so much prettier, how she was so much smarter, how she was so much more loved even when she didn't want to be. We hated that part tha most!

It wasn't fair.

Right?! It wasn't. An' this disaster won't be our fault.

Eunji pulled herself up, her footsteps shaky but diligent, shoes slapping on the higher step one at a time.

It seems like ah can finally talk withcha without you gettin' in denial.

What disaster?

Ah think ah should reorganize for us, don'tcha think?

The voice giggled gleefully.

Eunji gulped for the cool air, soothing her pain. She leaned against the cold hard wall, the dizziness and stinging soothing as she finally gave up a fight within her. She was tired and the voice was probably, if not completely, right. She had lost every one of her battles with this version of her and instead of making it ugly and painful for her, why not just let her other self take the wheel? It was the easier way.

What, are we going to do...?

We're goin' t'have fun with our best friend!

Eunji let out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding. Her fingers turned numb, the stinging on her knuckles turning into a pain that had no comparison to the one in her head. Her inner self had finally found a way out and was carving peacefully an exit.

Eunji made her way to the front of the door, resting her palm against it. She sighed deeply and tried easing the hot burn in her head by pressing her forehead against it. Closing her eyes, she firmly ignored a panicked shout in Woohyun's voice coming from within.

...Okay... You win... Just please. Make this pain go away.

No! ProbleMO!

Hands reached for the doorknob, moves jerky as how giddy it was to quickly join in the drama. As it turned, Eunji felt the way her brain flipped over, revealing something else that she knew was there all along.

She just didn't want to admit that it was her.

It was scary how smart and evil this part- she- was, but after finally letting go of the constraints that held her in her place, this was going to be so refreshing! She couldn't wait to see what she'd do, all of her actions in the past had also been ad-libs anyways.

The fingers clasped tightly at the door, churning it with a satisfying click! as the door opened and her face contorted with pleasure.

Oh geez! This is going to be awesome!

 


 

Hello fellow readers!

I hope I can clear up any misunderstandings or confusions as I continue with this flashback interception.

I'm really sorry if it is confusing (I don't blame ya'), but thank you for trying to understand!

Thank you for the comments, they really are a big help and I hope you'll stay and read 'till the end!

Have a nice day or night :3