Ethereal (Jungkook) Part 2

Angels & Demons [Hiatus]

You woke up to the smell of something burnt and promptly walked to the kitchen, where you were met with the vision of your kitchen turned into a war zone and a discouraged Jungkook looking at something that should be a pancake, you guessed. Over the past few months you’ve seen Jungkook learn a lot of things, and honestly he was rather good at most of them, but there were some, like tidying up his room or cooking, which seemed to resist him.

“Jungkook” you startled him, “what are you doing?” you pointed to the mess he had made all over the counter.

“I just wanted to make pancakes for breakfast” the boy pouted, showing you the burned food.

“And had they attacked you or something?”

“No…?” Jungkook made a confused face, he’s still pretty bad at getting your sarcasms too, “That’s a joke, right?”

“Yes, it is. Here” you handed him a cloth, “clean up the mess you’ve made and I’ll take care of the pancakes.”

Once breakfast was ready and Jungkook had cleaned everything up, you two sat for breakfast.

“Are you working today?” you asked the boy that was busy wolfing down his food.

Jungkook shook his head no, swallowing before speaking, something he had learned only after a lot of scolding on your part, “it’s my day off, you?”

“I have evening shift today after class. Are you going to do anything then?” because he usually stayed at home playing videogames unless you dragged him somewhere.

“Yes, I have something to do today” he answered mysteriously.

“Okay, it’s fine if you don’t want to tell me, but I think you should find something to do outside work.”

Jungkook sighed, it wasn’t the first time you had brought up this topic and he had run out of excuses to give you, “you want me to study like you?”

“It’s not that, but you’re young Jungkook, you could do anything with your life, or do you want to stick to the job at the café for the rest of your life?”

He gave you a look you couldn’t quite decipher over his almost empty plate that made you somehow uncomfortable, as if there was something you weren’t aware of.

“I see we’re not getting anywhere here, so I’m going to leave” you stood up, putting your dish in the sink.

“Hey, are you mad at me?” Jungkook asked, looking at you with that big puppy eyes you couldn’t resist.

“No, Jungkook” you gave in with a sigh, “I’m not mad at you.”

“Good, I’ll pick you up after work” he beamed at you, and you had to fight back the smile tugging at the corner of your lips.

 

*             *             *

 

“Here’s your boyfriend” your boss announced, elbowing you like every time he jokes about this.

You simply rolled your eyes, not even bothering to repeat that annoyed ‘it’s not my boyfriend’ anymore, and looked at the window from where Jungkook was waving at you in a snapback that fits his too well. You waved back at him, making a gesture with your hands of ‘I’ll be done in a second’ and Jungkook nods.

You greeted a couple on their way out and headed for the only table that was still occupied by a middle-aged man.

“Excuse me, sir, but we’re closing” you told him with a small smile, because you shouldn’t be rude to a customer no matter how much you want to throw him out.

The man turned to you with a flirting smile, “so are you off now, princess?”

“Pardon?” you asked, totally caught off guard.

“I’ve been waiting for hours here, drinking this gross coffee, to take you out” he explained as if you were the most dense person he had ever met and that infuriated you, who thought this he was?

“I’m sorry but that’s not going to happen, sir, so now if you could please leave” you said through gritted teeth, making an effort to control your rage.

But he wasn’t pleased by your response “you aren’t turning me down, are you now?”

You could see he was getting angry too, but you didn’t give a damn about what this jerk would want, “yes, I am, please leave” you repeated, firmly, and grabbed his empty cup to leave but he yanked you back by your arm, making the cup fall and break.

“Let me go” you ordered him, trying to squirm free out of his grasp.

Meanwhile, Jungkook had heard the fuss from the outside and had come in when he saw that man grabbing you.

“Hey! Let her go!” Jungkook yelled, coming to him and the man immediately released you, taking a step back, because the boy sure was younger than him but he was also taller.

“Who are you? His boyfriend?” the man told him off, trying to regain his composure after his little moment of panic.

You were about to deny it, but Jungkook beat you to speak “yes, so please leave right this moment.”

“Is something happening?” your boss appeared from his office, examining the scene that was unfolding in his establishment.

“This man was molesting her” Jungkook was the first one to speak again.

“Is that so?” your boss glared at the aforementioned, because his employees are very important to him and he wouldn’t let anyone mistreat them.

“I wasn’t…” he tried to defend himself but changed his mind and left, throwing a couple of bills on the table with superiority.

Your boss’ glare followed him until the door closed after him, “if he ever comes back, tell me” he told you sternly, “luckily this time Jungkookie was around to protect you” he winked at the boy, making him shift uncomfortably on his feet, “well, clean that broken cup and the table and you can leave, I’ll see you two tomorrow” he bids farewell, closing his office’s door again.

With a sigh you lean forward to pick up the broken ceramic but Jungkook stops you, “are you okay?” clearly worried.

“Yes, I’m fine, just another customer, don’t worry about it” you soothed him with a smile, “but thank you for helping me once more.”

“I’ll always be here whenever you need a savior” Jungkook said with a boyish grin, tucking a lost strand of hair behind your ear and, oh God, has your heart just skipped a beat?

“Then, why don’t you clean that table while I finish the rest so we can leave?” you were amazed you hadn’t stuttered because you were sure your cheeks were turning red.

As soon as you were done you scurry to the employees’ room to change into your normal clothes and then, out of anyone’s eyes, you could finally let your thoughts get to you and realized that somehow along these eight months you had fallen in love with Jungkook without noticing it.

 

After that day you hadn’t been able to treat Jungkook in the same way, because you can’t see him like a little brother anymore, and that makes you really nervous whenever you’re around him. And your strange behavior hadn’t go unnoticed by your roommate either, that couldn’t help wondering if he’s wronged you in any way but it’s too scared to even ask you.

 

It was just a normal Friday evening, both Jungkook and you had just come home from work and you were making dinner while he was on the living room, folding clothes. But it was really hard for you to keep your focus on anything lately, your mind would just slip for the shortest while and then come back, so it wasn’t really surprising when you felt a pang in your forefinger after spacing out for a second.

“” you muttered, seeing the blood dripping from the small cut.

“What’s happened?” Jungkook appeared on the kitchen, his eyes widening as soon as he saw the red liquid, “wait a second” he sprinted out of the kitchen.

You cleaned it with cold water and covered it with a cloth while he went to fetch the first aid kit.

“I’m here, let me take care of it” Jungkook reached for your hand but you dodged it.

“It’s okay, Jungkook” you said, going back to the food.

“No, it’s not, you need to treat it or it’ll get infected” he insisted, following you.

You turned to him, about to tell him to leave you alone, when he lifted you up by your waist, sitting you on top of the counter like a child, leaving you open-mouthed.

“I’m going to take care of it, whether you like it or not” Jungkook grabbed your hand, removing the cloth to expose the cut, leaving you to just watch with pressed lips.

All the while he was engrossed in your finger, you couldn’t tore your eyes away from him because even if you knew he was handsome since the first time you met him, now you saw him in a new light and, damn, it made you feel all giddy and bothered on the inside.

“There all done” Jungkook smiled proudly at you.

You were left staring at him like an idiot, lost in your thoughts, especially one that was being very insistent right now despite being an absolute madness, because you wouldn’t kiss him… right?

Yet you found yourself leaning in, hesitantly, but Jungkook didn’t move, simply looking at you with a confused face, and then your lips were pressing against his, his eyes opening wide before he closed them, returning the kiss.

Jungkook’s lips were insecure and inexpert but you didn’t really care, bringing him closer by his shirt as he settled in the gap between your legs, hands resting on your hips.

However, it wasn’t long before your lungs screamed for air, and you broke the kiss up, looking at him in the eyes.

“I’m sorry” Jungkook uttered, a faint blush creeping up his cheeks, before he exited the kitchen not letting you say a thing, when you heard the sound of the front door.

“Stupid, stupid, stupid” you told yourself, punctuating every word with a slap to your forehead.

 

*             *             *

 

Once on the street Jungkook took his phone out and dialed a number.

“I need to talk to you, it’s important” he told the person on the other line.

“Okay, where are you?” was the answer.

“On the park near my house” the line went dead and the person appeared by his side.

Jungkook looked at the older angel that had just arrived, “Jin” he greeted him.

Jin simply nodded at him, sitting on a bench, “what was so important?”

Jungkook looked up at the sky, with a deep breath, “I think I’m in love…”


A/N: Poor Jungkookie's so confused :( Why do you think he needed to tell that to Jin? And what's he going to do? We'll see~ Hope you liked it ^^