Eternal (Taehyung) Part 2

Angels & Demons [Hiatus]

It had been just a couple of days since Taehyung left your apartment to who knows where. He hadn’t stayed for long, but they were some amazing days with him taking you out for dinner or showing you parts of the city you never had visited before, and only for that short amount of time you let yourself indulge in the sweet fantasy that maybe, just maybe, he could feel the same way you felt about him, that he could be a normal boyfriend… If only he wasn’t a demon.

But now, you were back to reality, to your daily life, busying yourself with anything you could to forget about him.

You were coming back home after a long day when you spotted someone waiting at your door. Someone familiar. You looked closely.

“Granny?” You called.

The old woman turned around to look at you, smiling warmly.

“Why didn’t you phoned to say you were coming?” You asked, embracing your grandmother.

“I wanted to surprise you.”

“You surely did.” You answered, opening the door. “Come on in, do you want to stay for dinner?”

“Don’t worry, sweetie, I won’t be long, I just want to talk about something with you.” She stated, taking a seat on the couch.

You frowned. The first thing that came to your mind was Taehyung, but she couldn’t possibly know, could she? You took the empty seat next to her, that she was patting, trying not to look nervous.

“So what is it?” You started.

Your grandmother looked at you sternly, the same look she used to give you when you did something really really bad.

“I’ve been informed that you’ve been hosting a demon here at your house.”

You opened your mouth to reply, but she didn’t gave you the chance to say anything.

“Don’t ever think about lying to me, the person who told me that is very reliable and I know he wouldn’t lie to me about this.”

“You have someone spying me?” You raised your voice, outraged.

“Yes, I do.” She answered, nonchalantly. “I do because I worry about you and because ever since the day your parents died all I’ve tried to do is protect you and raise you, but this demon has to come along and you did let him into your live like some sort of friend, fully knowing that you shouldn’t.”

“You’ve been aware of it all this time?” You questioned, a hint of fear in your voice.

“Yes, but I let you, trusting you to end up making the right decision but you’ve grown attached to him, more than you should, don’t you?”

You stuttered, trying to say something, anything, but she was right, you couldn’t deny it, because some years ago you had to admit that to yourself. That despite how wrong it was, you were head over hills for him; that even though loving wasn’t part of his nature, you loved him; and you couldn’t change any of that. It was too late.

You looked down, avoiding any kind of eye contact with your grandmother, ashamed. She put a hand on your shoulder.

“You know what he’s, he won’t love you. Yes, he’s probably infatuated with you, some demons take humans as object of their property, you do know that.”

You nodded. It wasn’t strange for demons to even fight for these matter pf “property” if only just out of boredom.

“He could even spend the rest of your life by your side” she kept saying, “but he’s immortal, your life to him is like a blink of his eye, it won’t mean anything. But it’s not late, you’re still young, get him out of your life, finish your studies, find yourself someone who loves you and live your life.”

You remained silent, not daring to even move. You were a mess right now.

“Well, I’ll be going then, I’m trusting you with this. See you soon.”

And just like that she left you to ponder on all this.

 


 

It was just two weeks ago when your grandmother had come to pay you a visit, but you were still thinking the conversation over and over again.

You closed the door to your apartment with a sigh, bearing the bags with groceries, when you heard a strange noise. You put the bags away, following the sound.

Two distinct moans could be heard echoing in your empty apartment. You frowned, who in Hell could it be? You had never allowed any of your friends in your apartment for that. You followed the sound to the door of your room, which was ajar, you breathed in deeply, wondering if you were sure you wanted to do that, or if it was preferable to let them tarnish your bed.

Your choice was made when you heard some words in a language that you didn’t understand but you could recognize: the language of demons. Could it be…? Without further hesitation you pushed the door. There you saw two figures, a man and a women, with the unmistakable aura of demons. And the man was Taehyung.

You couldn’t help but gasp before running in the opposite direction and hiding in the kitchen. You were sure they heard, because of their exceptionally sharp hearing, but you didn’t want to confront them. No, you’d better bang your head against a wall, for being such a fool, for letting him get to you so much that you’d feel heartbroken.

You knew he was like that, he had with women, either humans or demons, and maybe even men (because gender wasn’t something relevant to creatures who were pure essence), but never had he done it near you, much less in your apartment. Except now. This was his real face, the one he showed to the rest of the world, the one you had refused to accept. All this time he was simply using you, crawling under your skin and now that you were in love like an idiot, he was breaking your heart most likely to entertain himself because he was tired of you and wanted to get rid of you.

You gripped the counter tightly, closing your eyes as hard as possible to contain the tears. You weren’t going to cry, not for a demon.

“____.” You heard him calling you.

You breathed, in and out, holding yourself together for what you were going to do.

“Is she here?” You asked, voice cold as ice, facing him. At least he had the decency to get dressed.

“What?”

“Is she here?” You repeated, stressing every syllable.

“Yes, she’s gone.” He finally seemed to catch on.

You nodded, they were so fast that sometimes it was like they had disappeared. Oh, how you wished you could do that now, disappear.

“Good because I don’t want anyone to hear what I have to say.”

“Wait, can I explain…?”

“No, I don’t want to hear your excuses nor you explanations.” You stopped him, because if you listened to him you may change your opinion.

“But I’m sorry, seriously, I don’t know what came to my mind…” He started again, taking a step towards you.

“I don’t think you were thinking with your head exactly.” You countered, backing up as far as you could.

He smiled crookedly, as if saying you were right.

“This is not funny, Taehyung.” You said angrily, fighting your urge to hit him.

“It’s not. And you’re angry, so go ahead and say what you need to vent out.” He prompted you, leaning against the fridge, arms crossed.

And that only made you angrier, seeing him son calm in this kind of situation. You were going to get over and done with this now and for ever.

“I don’t ever want to see you again, Taehyung.” You stated, looking him directly in the eye, those red eyes that should frighten you. “I should have never let you near me, much less gave you a place in my life, this is an error and I’m making it up, that’s why I don’t want to see you again in my life, because all this time you’ve only been playing with me, why? What do you want from me? My soul?”

For a brief second he seemed hurt, then regained his composure.

“Your grandmother has talked to you again, hasn’t she?”

“Yes, she has and she was right about everything she said.”

“You’re an adult, you can make your own decisions instead of doing what she tells you, you know?” He spat through gritted teeth, containing his rage.

“I know what I am, thank you very much, and it’s my decision, she’s not making me do anything, it’s you who’ve made all this” you were almost screaming at him at this point, losing all your cool. “So leave me, leave my house and never come back, I don’t want you near me.”

“What are you going to do? Put salt on the windows and the door?” He asked sarcastically.

“If that’s what it takes for you to leave me alone, I will.”

“Fine” he said, turning around. “But what I’ve always wanted from you wasn’t precisely your soul.” Were his last words, then you heard the sound of the door closing.

You slid to the floor, pressing your knees against your chest and letting fall the tears you couldn’t contain anymore.

“Damn you, Kim Taehyung.” You uttered, between sobs.