Paladin (Jimin) Part 1

Angels & Demons [Hiatus]

It is not because angels are holier than men or devils that makes them angels, but because they do not expect holiness from one another, but from God alone. - William Blake, “A Vision of the Last Judgement”.

You weren’t sure how you had spent all your evening in the library, but now was late in the night and you were starving. As you were rushing by the park near your apartment you spotted a figure limping and then falling to the ground so you approached it, worried. It was a young and good-looking man, dressed in jeans and a t-shirt, both ripped and covered in blood.

“Oh my God! Are you okay?!” You asked, helping him to his feet.

The boy looked at you, making an effort to focus his gaze on you, and you wondered how he was still conscious seeing the amount of blood covering him.

“What has happened to you? I have to take you to a hospital.” You tugged at him.

“No! A hospital no! I can’t.” He resisted with a face of pure horror, squirming.

“Okay.” You gave in, trying to calm him down a little. “But at least let me take a look at those wounds, they seem pretty nasty.”

The boy only stared at you with a mix of disbelief and fear written on his face.

“It’s okay” You assured him. “I’m in medical school and I live near here, I think that’s better that bleeding to death in a park.”

Reluctantly he accepted to come with you to your apartment, relying on you to walk because he was weak.

“Take off your clothes.” You instructed him once you got him sitting on your bathroom.

“Excuse me?” He asked, covering his body with his arms at the unexpected request.

You huffed, rolling your eyes but then you realized that he must be in shock and that you should go easy on the poor boy.

“Please, take off your clothes so I can take care of your wounds.” You told him with your warmest voice. “You can keep your underwear to be more comfortable though.”

He nodded, but still made no movement to do as told so you turned around to give him some privacy as well as grab the first aid kit.

Through the mirror on the wall you could glimpse him undressing and, damn, he was really fit. You diverted your eyes to the bandages again, blushing a little bit.

“I-I’m done.” He told you with a shaky voice.

You faced him, hands full of the thing you needed, taking in the view in front of you and trying to remain calm an focused on what you had to do, even if it was hard, also because the poor boy was fidgeting, not knowing where to look nor what to do with his hands.

“This may sting a little.” You warned, proceeding to clean the blood with a cloth soaked in water.

There were a lot of cuts and bruises but none of them looked really bad, they weren’t big nor deep, just numerous, and you were thankful for that because you didn’t have the necessities to treat something more serious.

“You could at least tell me your name.” You tried to make small talk while dabbing antiseptic on his injuries.

He doubted before saying “…Jimin. Yours?”

You gave him your name, gladly noticing that he was starting to trust you.

“It’s a pretty name.” He commented, observing you carefully bandaging him up.

“Thanks.” You replied with a small smile, that he corresponded, and you found he had a stunning smile.

Once you were done, you lend Jimin some of your brother’s clothes because his were useless now, and left him to change alone.

“The sweatpants are quite big but it’s fine, thank you.” Jimin appeared on the kitchen, rolling them up, where you were currently making something for dinner.

“I see, he’s way too tall… But take a seat, dinner’s almost ready.” You gestured him to sit at the small table.

He did so, carefully but still wincing, and you settled a plate before him which he started gobbling down as if he hadn’t eaten in weeks.

While you were eating you observed the boy and suddenly wondered why you were taking care of him, it wasn’t like you to let a stranger into your house, even if he was that bad injured. But Jimin, you realized now that you weren’t fussing over his injuries, had a calming and warm aura to him that made you feel somehow secure around him, a weird certainty that he would never hurt you in any way, so it was hard to worry about letting the handsome man stay for the night since he didn’t mention having a place to sleep tonight.

As soon as you two were done eating you prepared the couch for Jimin, because he was almost dozing off while standing.

“Thank you for everything” was the last thing Jimin said when you turned the lights off.

 

The night went by in the blink of an eye and you found yourself waking up to the sound of your alarm going off early in the morning, regardless of being Saturday, because with what happened with Jimin last night you forgot to change it, speaking of who, you tiptoed to the living room to check up on him, only to find him soundly asleep and looking much better than last night. Boy, was he handsome even sleeping. With a sigh, you shook the thought off your head and sneaked to the kitchen to cook breakfast.

“Just on time, good morning sleeping beauty.” You greeted a still half sleep Jimin who seemed to had woken up at the smell of food.

“Good morning” he rubbed his eyes cutely, seating in the same spot that he occupied on the dinner.

“How are you feeling? Does it still hurt?” You asked, setting the table.

“I’m much better, thanks to you, but it still hurts a bit, it’s fine though.” Jimin grabbed a pancake to munch on.

“Good, let me take a look at it.” You said coming closer to him and making a move to lift his shirt up.

“No.” He refused, tugging it down.

“Why not?” You crossed your arms.

“It’s… I don’t…” He looked around frantically trying to think of an excuse.
You uncrossed your arms with a huff in disbelief. “Don’t be shy, I treated them last night, it’s okay.”

“No!” He stood up, scooting away.

“Damn, Jimin, just let me look at them!” You forcefully sat him down again.

Jimin seemed to had given up because he didn’t put up a fight anymore, you lifted his shirt and removed the bandages to find nothing, absolutely nothing. You slid your fingers over the perfectly healed skin in amazement, there weren’t even scars. And then it hit you, making you back up as much as you could with a face of terror, so many years of horror movies weren’t really helpful at the moment.

“What are you?” You questioned him with a shaky voice.

He sighed and simply stared at you with a look of concern, like he had wanted to prevent this from happening but failed in the end.

“Answer me! What are you? Because a normal human doesn’t heal overnight like that.” You repeated.

“You want the truth?” He asked in a soft voice, as in suggesting that you wouldn’t like it.

You nodded, expecting the worst but then…

“I’m an angel” were his words.

“What?”

“An angel, in a material body. Look...”

Suddenly a sword appeared on Jimin’s hands, a medieval like sword with a strange glow on the blade, and showed it to you-

“You can touch it, it won’t hurt you, it was designed to kill demons only.”

You raised your hand, which was trembling, and touched it, feeling a soft vibration.

“How have you made it appear?” now you sounded more amazed than scared.

“It’s part of my real essence and I can summon it whenever I want or need it.” You moved your hand way and Jimin made the sword disappear.

Jimin looked at you with a small smile and an almost hopeful look. You sat down and closed your eyes to think just a moment. At least now everything made sense, especially that strange feeling of comfort you had when you were around him.

Finally you spoke “So you’re an angel and have like super-fast healing… Can I ask what happened last night?”

He shrugged, taking the seat across you. “Well, you already know the most complicated part and haven’t freaked out so…”

“Oh, no, I’m freaking out on the inside, but I’m really curious.” You interrupted him, and it was true, you were still having a hard time believing him.

Jimin chuckled at your comment. “I fought with a demon named Taehyung and it got pretty nasty, as it always does.” He explained.

“What would have happened to you if I hadn’t picked you up?”

He shrugged once more. “Nothing really, I would have slept there to recover.”

“But you came home with me…” You objected.

“You insisted on it and I was too tired to refuse. Honestly, my plan was to be gone by the time you could wake up but I overslept.” He seemed kind of regretful about that and you wondered why but didn’t want to press him.

“I see… but you opposed to go to the hospital.”

He nodded “Because they’d have found out the same thing you did, that I heal too fast for a human, and they’d have turned me into some short of experiment probably.”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right about that…” You trailed off thinking of someone that would be capable of something like that.

“Now that you know all that… Can I stay here for a while? I’m still not fully recovered and…”

You observed the young and handsome boy siting across you, with the most beautiful smile you have ever witnessed, and knew that you wouldn’t be capable of turning him down, besides you still had a lot of questions to ask, so you agreed to let your new friend take up your living room.


A/N: We have a new member! But don't wory, there will be more parts for Taehyung. 

tamtam295: I was indeed thinking of Jimin because he had been mentioned before, so you guessed it right, hope you like him! :)

MuzikaAi: I'm sorry it isn't Suga but he'll be appearing soon, meanwhile enjoy the other members and I'm really happy you're enjoying it :D

If you're liking it or have something to say go ahead and leave a comment! I don't bite ;)