A Lily's Smile

Lost to Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It finally hit seven p.m. and slowly Junsu’s guests were piling in. Yuri and I had mastered as many cocktails as possible during the day and had everything set up. My coffee shop had looked completely like a bar tonight.

            “The place looks fantastic,” Junsu said to me as he entered in with a black suit. “I had expected nothing less from you.”

            “Thank you,” I politely bowed to him.

            The night had been busy. I was rushing between bartending and waitressing, doing everything that needed an extra hand. Jaejoong popped in two hours later, just in time for his performance and surprisingly, he came with a group of people holding their own instruments. I threw a towel over my shoulder and approached him.

            “You’re here,” I stated. “Who are they?” I nodded to the men behind him.

            “People I’ve met a while ago that owe me, and since they owe me, I told them to help perform my songs tonight,” he said.

            “Oh,” I blinked once, kind of astonished. It was sad to realize that I didn’t know much about Jaejoong’s life anymore when I thought I knew it all. “This way,” I gestured for them to follow me as I paved a way to the stage.

            As the band began to set up, I leaned up to Jaejoong when he took center stage. It was weird to see him higher than he usually was next to me. “So,” I started awkwardly. “What are you going to sing today?” I noted that he didn’t bring his guitar and that this band was not a rock band of some sort. It looked classier than that. Maybe jazz.

            One side of his lips curved up into a small smile. “Just watch.”

            “Okay,” I said breathlessly, slightly blushing.

            “Soo Yun!” Yuri called at the end of the room. “We need help over here!”

            I break away from the gaze that we were suddenly both holding and hurried back to my post.

            “What’s wrong?” I asked Yuri.

            She handed me a tray of hors d’oeuvres. “Hana is taking her break.”

            I nodded in understanding and placed the tray comfortable in the palm of my hand, balancing it. It seemed like tonight Yuri was the captain of the shop. Her strict leadership was showing and I decided to just let her roam like that, because it was funny and I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter