Sweat

Drabble Battle 2k15

Sweat | Kyuhyun and Changmin

WhiteTigeress

It seemed impossible to fight the smile that turned his lips. Everything was so perfect, right down to the way Changmin looked in his oh-so-beautifully tailored white suit. How funny it was that only an hour ago Kyuhyun’s palms had been slick with sweat as he waited for that moment when his fiancé would appear at the end of the aisle on his father’s arm. Oh. His heart just about died all over again just thinking of how perfect his Min had looked standing there, the sunset washing the sand around him in the colors of desire – rich pinks and gentle oranges and husky purples. Perfect, perfect, perfect.

But now they were married – signed, sealed, and delivered to the reception. The man smothered a little laugh as his husband – husband! – swept across the floor with his mother in his arms. Changmin even threw in a few ridiculous, fancy moves just to make her grin at him; even now, she was struggling to accept that her precious son had married another man. But, she was trying. Both their sets of parents were.

As lovely as the dance was, though, Kyuhyun could not help but smirk at the thought of what came next: Cake. He had been waiting for this moment in particular because he had a plan up his designer sleeves. A beautiful plan. An awesome plan. A slightly wicked plan. But it would be so, so good. Sweeping onto the dancefloor as the music ended, Kyuhyun offered Changmin his arm, which the other took with an exaggerated swoon. “The grooms will now cut the cake!” the DJ announced, causing a shift in the crowd towards the glorious seven tiered sugar-art.

The pair happily frolicked over to the cake and, holding the knife together, cut a piece to split between them. Each man picked up his piece to feed the other, and they gazed deeply into each other’s eyes. It was literally the most perfect moment ever, especially when Changmin and Kyuhyun proceeded to smash their pieces of cake in each other’s faces. The bright sound of their laughter filled the air as they admired their handiwork: Frosting and cake crumbs had utterly undone all of the hard work the makeup artists had done earlier that day. But, Kyuhyun would not have it any other way, because this was how he loved Changmin best – young and playful and always up to no good.

Leaning over, Changmin a bit of frosting off of his husband’s cheek. “Love you,” he murmured.

Kyuhyun grinned. “Love you too, Min.” And then, since his lover was right there anyway, he stole a of his own. “Mm. My favorite flavor.” Changmin’s reply was to slug his shoulder before stealing a rather enthusiastic kiss.

Their happily ever after started with a prank - just the way it should.